Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Meant finance minister not manager

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

@Newyearnewjob where are you on merit list? At the moment they have 361 People either progressing through stages or appointable and I think they take around 85 per group

600-640

I don't think any of the intakes have been 85, they were much smaller due to covid. Not sure if they were that number pre pandemic. Until they get confirmation of a bigger budget I think they will do smaller intakes to keep the numbers in line with people leaving.

It said 85 were deferred in March so I presumed they were back to normal numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

Let's hope we will receive the email this week. The lady I spoke with said that there will be an email issued soon. So fingers crossed it's good news for everyone and we are all back on track again!

Another thing? Does anyone think that they would close the 2002 campaign? Or would it run on until all appointable candidates have been employed? It says on my vetting email " Candidates who have successfully completed the required stages are appointed, in merit order, as intakes occur and the campaign remains open."

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

They’d absolutely completely exhaust our campaign, the first one to go would be the 2021 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rouge_one

Do not quote me on this but from what I have heard those on the lower end of the merit list of 2020 may possibly be scrapped for the newer campaign of 2021 for those who are on the higher end of the list. Then again if there are no future campaigns for the next few years a list of every appointable candidate will be exhausted until a new campaign is scheduled. It wouldn’t make sense to scrap 2021 as their campaign envolves the new April budget of this year.

I mean I’m 750-800 but sitting appointable, I withdrew my application to the 2021 campaign because I’m now ready to go. I think there would definitely be absolute outrage if all of a sudden we got an email to say, “sorry your appointable but we’re taking the 2021 folk instead.” It would make zero sense to scrap the tail end of a campaign, especially with people from 2018 still in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Why would they scrap the lower end of 2020 and take in intakes from the higher end of 2021 campaign?? Makes no sense, if your appointable from the 2020 you will eventually get a start. I’m 850-900 on the 20 campaign so I hope this is the case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rouge_one

It’s been known to happen in previous campaigns. It makes perfect sense as those in the new campaign will be on higher merit order to those who say for example are on the 800’s from the last. But again because of the budget things may work differently and they may maintain the merit list and exhaust them both. I’ve known people that are in now but have gone through 2 campaigns due to merit order

I’d be genuinely gutted if I’d went through all that, applied for a new campaign and then withdrew only to be told they were closing my campaign. I’d say numbers are so low that they’d keep a healthy merit list open regardless of campaign. 2021 was meant to be recruiting a much smaller number than 2020 was budgeted for

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

When did that happen before i can’t recall that? No but what I’m saying is if your appointable it shouldn’t matter how for down the merit list you are you should still get your chance. They have invested alot of money into the campaign so it would make no sense at all to scrap it and continue with the 21 campaign.

It has never been known to happen in other campaigns, I have read about this before on a freedom of information request and the first campaign will have merit list exhausted before anyone from the next campaign will get an offer. Also pretty much everyone from this campaign is now appointable whereas the 2021 hasn’t even completed the AC. I’d say if anything happens the 2021 might stall for a while before managed stages and we will start GV as and when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 n_3

There’s a policing board meeting tomorrow with the chief constable and I’m sure the budget for upcoming financial year shall be discussed so we should get some further info tomorrow at least from that!

Also near sure they will exhaust this current merit list before considering anyone for new campaign! So much time and money spent on our PSNI managed stages that it would be mental to just scrap it. I deleted the email they sent out after the March intake was binned but did they not say in it that our recruitment would continue when they have the budget?

For anyone wanting to watch the policing board meeting today. It will be live at 12.30 on the NI Policing board YouTube channel. :)

Was anything mentioned about budget or recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Nothing worth shouting about, just the usual headcount will reduce, services will be deminished and so on

Not really. They just said that numbers are being reduced. Nothing about money being made available or anything 😭

• Advertisement

Budget outlook sounds bleak but nothing about recruitment as far as I could see. Chief Con mentions in a strategic long term plan that recruitment is an area they will focus on so who knows? As previously mentioned, the budget does allow for maintaining police numbers at 7100 so recruitment will trickle on in the background, there just won’t be the increased rate that would have led to the 7500 numbers agreed upon in NDNA

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Hello.

I’m sure this has been raised but does anyone know what the pass mark is for the AC?

thanks

Yeh all I could hear was reduced numbers. Sounds like recruitment is going to be very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭forumnewbie21

It changes every year. Depends on how everyone performs in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Thanks for letting me know.

would you have a rough estimation ?

70 etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭forumnewbie21

It was 61.25% in the 2020 campaign. Not sure of others previous to that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭georgie1305

I think the campaign before that was 58ish.

Doubt it will be much higher than 61 for 2021 campaign. Could even be lower this time round 🤷‍♂️

Sorry. Just seen the typo 😅

Yes, now appointable. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Update email just sent out

Advertisement