Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

see you there, though i got the call for it about 3 weeks ago so maybe more funding has been made available

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

@Byc_moze honestly I am going to accept mine then if I eventually get the call decide what to do. I can’t let this pass even though it might not be the right thing to do, but I can’t put my life on hold any longer, it has nearly been 2.5 years since this process started. @BelfastGuy65 where are you on merit list?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Same,

Could be same course or potentially running another one a week or two apart

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

EI think with the staffing levels being so low and dropping they have no choice but to start progressing more through, they will have another recruitment merit list soon! An update on numbers would be nice to see how many are left to start

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Nearly May and still waiting for the call. I’m getting fatter by the day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

I’d be curious to hear what type of training everyone is keeping up at the minute while they’re waiting, or even the training you’re doing in GV if you’re in?

Im doing weights training roughly 6 x per week and boxing twice, haven’t built up the courage to look at the treadmill yet though lol. What’s everyone else doing?

I’m powerlifting 3 x a week, Olympic lifting 2 x a week and then one 5 or 10k a week! The strength training I had done before applying but it’s hard to keep motivated for the cardio when there’s no idea of a start date in sight! Hopefully the election will mean some change to NI and the funding is found and we all get fired through come August/September

Anyone else get an email saying your medical is due to expire and to fill in a form?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Yep, I'm just about to email it back along with a request for an update. They must have some idea of what is happening. We only get small snippets of info but that is from others on the forum. I want to know how many are still ahead of me so that I can make plans if recruitment continues at a smaller (much slower) pace. They haven't even updated the recruitment stats since Feb.

• Advertisement

I tried to call them but it just went to voicemail.

I don't expect a huge update from them but def think they should be communicating more. Are they planning any July intake, what sort of ML numbers are ahead of us. I have heard that they are losing large numbers to retirement each month so they should be recruiting more each month even just to maintain numbers. Given the way this recruitment has been conducted, it would be good if they could give us more than 6 weeks notice for a start date. I keep putting off arranging a holiday incase I get offered a start date from month to month. If I knew now that I could start in August I could organise a holiday and start to wind down investigations with current force. Another issue is that each month that goes by, there is risk of getting a complaint especially a malicious one. This would prevent me from leaving till matter resolved. If I had an early start date I could put in my resignation to prevent this being an issue.

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waitinggame9

Surely you can resign if you have a live complaint and it wouldnt affect your appointment to psni if you are joining as a new recruit? If it was a transfer it would be different. I don't know about your force but there are huge numbers leaving police scotland due to the pension amendments though I don't know if northern ireland is the same. Surely it is and therefore they will need to really up recruitment just to cover the vast amount retiring early.

Got a response from recruitment. Given my ML number (600-650), they do not anticipate giving me an offer before Autumn/ winter 2022/2023. I know this is without extended budget but ouch!.

@Newyearnewjob wow that is quite a wait! I will be even longer as my merit number is 700-720! I suppose at least they actually give an idea of what is happening. Looks like there aren’t any more calls going out anytime soon

Suppose we can have fingers crossed that a functioning government is formed next week and the funding is given, in that case the psni have stated that they could accelerate recruitment! However, I have little faith that the people of NI will move away from the traditional then vs us voting and we’ll be subject to a further stalemate. I’m actually going to start looking into forces across the water

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Boneyard2002

All 2021 got our results today! Glad to say I’ve passed

@Boneyard2002 congrats! Be prepared to gain A LOT of patience!! You all are in for the long haul like us lol! @OldBenTheHermit the two parties are already expected to win and the DUP have stated they still won’t form an executive so it’s going to be zero help to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 batman3

Hello, anyone known how to request information from Deloitte on personal performance at the AC? I would like to see what I need to improve on next time. Thanks.

You need to wait until May 13th until you get a breakdown of how you did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

I'm 500 to 520 so I'm hoping for something soon. I definitely know of candidates closer to 550 in GV at present. There may be calls mid May for limited numbers. July/August start would suit me fine. :)

I think there was someone in the 600-620 that started in Feb. They got the call in December, not sure how it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

My vetting took so long, although all cleared now, so I'm sure I'll be on the next list of calls. Fingers crossed.

Just seen an FOI that was submitted to PSNI. As of 5 April, 361 candidates from the 2020 campaign have commenced training. And there are currently 164 appointable candidates from the 2018 and 2020 campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Newsoph3

Hi guys I'm in the 2021 Campaign and was just wondering if anyone knows from their vetting experience is having a family member with a criminal record.. Example-drug dealing can effect me getting passed?

It won’t effect you. You will most likely be brought infront of the vetting panel to talk about it and how much you know etc

What's everyone's thoughts on there being a revised budget within next few weeks. Personally I'm not too optimistic.

@Newyearnewjob it won’t mean anything because we still don’t have an executive so it won’t be signed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Stats are updated on the website for those who are interested

Advertisement