Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Academy Awards (Oscars 2022)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Shame on her for laughing when Smith struck Rock.

She's a horrible wagon, and Will should get out.

Chris Rock didn't know about her alopecia according to his brother. He has nothing to apologise for. Chris was treated very shabbily by the academy and actors alike.

Sorry, just seeing this reply.

A verbal slap? Jesus Christ.

You do know that GI Jane starred Demi Moore who at the time was lauded for how attractive she was with a shaved head?

It is a stretch to even attempt to call it an insult. And I'm sure a good chunk of those 37 million you speak about would be delighted to be compared to Demi Moore.

Jada Smith has a shaved head, so a comparison with a famous shaved headed character at an Oscar ceremony was not too off colour.

And of course you won't answer a what if. Because your position is inconsistent if you apply it to any other similar or comparable scenario.

You think violence is deserved if you find something offensive.

Is that the brother who called Jada a bitch? Nice family.

The brother onstage throwing shapes and threatening "his hands" on anyone who approaches him?

What a hypocrite.

Lol.

Tough one...

Which family are worse...

The family who celebrate violence, have sex with their children's friends and exploit their marital problems for fame?

Or the family who said some things a bit nasty about **** people?

(Granted, Chris rocks family may be ****. I'm not an expert on them. But if we are going only what's in this thread, we know the Smith household is not a "stable" environment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Well I wouldn't have blamed Chris if he would have defended himself. But unlike the other emasculated fool he knew where he was and how to conduct himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sergibabo

It's a straightforward question, would a female comedian deserve a slap in the face if they made that joke about Jada?

A millionaire slapped another millionaire because he made a joke about his wife, who has had sex with her children's friend, because she has a shaved head and looks a bit like GI Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭JRant

If I was rock I'd have hit the deck and made them carry me off in a stretcher, singing "Dolla Dolla Bills ya'll" all the way to the hospital.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It's possible to understand Will Smith's reaction, but there's no justifying his actions at all.

No matter what the joke was, he was out of line. So many other routes he could have taken that would have better expressed his disapproval, and gotten what he wanted, unless what he wanted was to vent some steam, and pick on a weak target.

Academy made a balls of the situation, he should never have been allowed stay at the event, nor afforded the longest acceptance speech in Academy history after interrupting a scheduled host minutes earlier.

That said, I think he's since been adequately punished, and it should be the end of it for him. Any calls for his Oscar to be returned is complete nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dave Chapelle got attacked on stage last night, some idiot ran on and sort of tackled him.

Didnt end up well for the lad once security got involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I had to look up who Mojo Jojo was.

😥

#prayfortony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Smith breaks his silence in a very staged Q&A of fans questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I'm sure the oscar winning actor appeared convincing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Self indulgent ****.

"I saw fog"... suggesting it was some blind rage

"Jada didn't tell me to do something, it was based on my own history with Chris."

And then the self-victimising that follows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

He just never forgot Rock for this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,472 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement