Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because it's important to challenge bullshit and misinformation.

While a religious zealot like cheerful will never be convinced because it's become a central part of his personality at this point, others aren't as far gone.

They will see that he's completely unhinged and they see when he's consistently dishonest and evasive. And though they are loathe to admit it, other conspiracy theorists start to see the same failings. And slowly, they start thinking for themselves again.

Also, personally, I find that Dohnjoe's counters to Cheerful's and other bullshit artist's bullshit very informative and entertaining.

At this stage it's entered the pantheon of perpetual conspiracy theories like JFK and the Moon Landing Hoax. It is basically now just short hand for an insane belief that marks someone as delusional.

In conspiracy circles, it's stopped being profitable because it's not as shocking and attention getting any more, so it's been pushed to the fringes in place of new conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

He doesn't think any of the buildings were blown up or that 9/11 was an inside job

You are holding up someone who contradicts your beliefs.

I'm a masochist ;)

Also, I'm not really doing anything here but letting Cheerful show how weak their particular conspiracy arguments are for any other would-be readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Case proved a long time ago. Unfortunately, the mainstream media does not want to touch it too sensitive a subject for them. The UFO topic was too hot handle one time it took the US government to be transparent for the world to wake up to this reality. Be doubtful of transparency about 9/11 and JFK but we see still around to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

You find out, there reliable information CIA was concealing intelligence about the 9/11 terrorists for years from everyone and don't regard that as evidence of malicious intent.

Whyy are debunkers not interested in the back scene stuff? Should we not have a clearer picture of what went on before 9/11?

I think it is suspicious the CIA was aware of Al Qaeda operatives entering the United States years before 9/11 and supposedly don't have the whereabouts to put stop to the plan to take planes on 9/11?. Have to be some dumb idiot to think these guys were not watched around the clock and all their movements recorded. Al Qaeda had blown up US Embassies in Africa and attacked a US warship in Yemen. A lot here doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Case proved lol. Go on then, enlighten us.

At what point after repeating the same nonsense for years do you run out of stamina and realise you're wrong? Everyone else has access to the same info you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭oisinog

You do realise that the CIA does not have any law enforcment function and limited ability to gather intelligence in the US, If they were aware that there was terrorists in America they have to hand that information to the FBI to investigate if any laws have been broken.

• Advertisement

That's the point Richard Clarke making in the video I posted.

CIA tracks foreign terrorists

In 2000 the CIA requested the Malaysian government videotape record a high-level Al Qaeda meeting, supposedly discussing planning for 9/11 and other attacks.. Even back there had actionable intelligence (CIA)

It is known today that Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi are at that meeting. Two men said to have boarded and hijacked flight 77 and hit the Pentagon

CIA has the intelligence. So both men came arrived to the United States, got flagged at the CIA terrorism watchlist desk. Their arrival was kept from the FBI, local police branches, and the White House?

Have an active risk to the nation in motion here when entering the country.. Narrative among many is the 9/11 attackers are watched by nobody a lie there closely followed by the CIA until they allegedly lost them weeks before 9/11 ( that only a report said after the attacks took place) That's an issue since the guys are using their legitimate names. How many Saudis would have the same names inside America? Who did the CIA tell in law enforcement? Did you see their faces on tv before 9/11? Knew attacks are coming, why no massive manhunt that never materialized. 

Clarke doesn't believe that 9/11 was an inside job. You do.

It's like a moon landing hoaxer using Neil Armstrong as a source

A lot of this is speculation from you. Richard Clarke also says that the Bush adminstriation wanted to put the blame on Saddam. The CIA may have been watching al qaeda but I dont think any western Intelligance agency saw them as a threat.

As tragic as the September 11th attacks were there is not enough evidence to state that it was anything but an attack by a well orgnised terriost group that no one expected to have the ability to make a major attack on western soil.

Your wrong, they receive intelligence all time. Al Qaeda was a well-known threat in 2001, again wrong. President if reports are correct was never told that two high-level Al Qaeda terrorists had already arrived a year ago. What do you think they came for?

They invaded Iraq and one of the excuses Al Qaeda had support from Saddam. Your understanding of WMD nonsense bit off,

But @Cheerful S you believe that the holocaust was faked and that 16 secret nazis demolished 3 skyscrapers in a weekend using secret high tech nanoexplosives.

Your understanding of things is a bit off.

In the same way @Markus Antonius understanding is a bit off because he believes all space is fake.

Neither of you gets to comment on other people's understanding of things.

It's bordering on delusional that you think you've any standing here.

Both of you are kinda jokes to be honest.

There are two important things said here in that link.

Presidential Daily Brief on Aug. 6, 2001. In it, the U.S. intelligence community warned, 36 days before 9/11, that Osama bin Laden intended to attack the United States

We have found no indication of any further discussion before September 11 among the President and his top advisers of the possibility of a threat of an al Qaeda attack in the United States. 

CIA truly lost them shouldn't there be meetings nonstop? Something fishy is happening here dont see it on you.

• Advertisement

Also needs to be pointed out that @Cheerful S is now just spamming his usual 9/11 religious beliefs. He doing so here because he's long since been chased out of the 9/11 section and wants any excuse to copy and paste the same shite over and over.

He realises that if he does it anywhere else, he'd be laughed out of the thread and banned.

I do wonder why he only does this for his 9/11 beliefs, but keeps stum about his holocaust denial these days.

I posted a genuine real video of NIST ruling out freefall for building seven. An individual who is not stuck in the clouds would interpret that as making the case for controlled demolition stronger!!!!!!!. Freefall was not even considered "a possible event" during seven years of NIST investigation, Like the fact, it actually happened ( should wake up some people)  

Posting the same debunked sh1t over and over and over. For years.

Everyone has seen the videoes, everyone has seen the documenataries, everyone has read about it. 21 years ago. Not a shred of credible evidence. There was no conspiracy. Its over. There is no truther community anymore. Everyone has moved on. Case closed.

The last big thing that the "community" did was the scammers at AE9/11 making a big stink about getting some professor from Alaska to do some simulations.

You can tell how well that went from how Cheerful gave up on that and hasn't actually once mentioned this since the "paper" came out.

Since then, most conspiracy media have moved on to other scams like anti-vax and Qanon stuff. Most theorists don't bother with 9/11 stuff cause it makes you look as ridiculous as the folks who go on about JFK and the moonlandings.

Reasonable individuals having watched the video will receive a hard knock of truth, You people are lost a long time ago

Draft conference for building seven study:

NIST is on video (this is not a lie) video proof of it- freefall did not happen according to them. Saying to people there is no proof really (got video of them in the flesh) means their collapse hypothesis is just not right in any way. Sorry you dont see it thats not my fault, on you.

Actually, listen to NIST's answer you may get a bit of cope on.

• Advertisement

Please. If anyone finds that video, or cheerful's arguments in any way convincing, reasonable or even coherent, let us know.

Don't all rush...

Point out where I said they didnt recieve intelligence. What I said was that the western Intelligence agencies didnt see them as big threat (very obvious that they were wrong).

The first thing tha Bush adminstriation did was to see if there was any connection to Saddam in Iraq:

"Clarke wrote that on September 12, 2001, President Bush "testily" asked him and his aides to try to find evidence that Saddam was connected to the terrorist attacks. In response, Clarke wrote a report stating there was no evidence of Iraqi involvement: all relevant agencies, including the FBI and the CIA, signed off on this conclusion."

There may be some conspiracy behing the September 11th attacks but not the ones you think there i.

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.

You are holding up someone who directly contradicts your theory, like a lot of things you come out with here, that makes no sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There may be some conspiracy behing the September 11th attacks but not the ones you think there i.

Yes, the Saudis who crashed the planes into buildings were conspiring with others to crash planes into buildings... But that's not interesting enough for conspiracy theorists who need some other far more complicated plot that only they have been able to figure out, but can't explain the who, how or why for these other conspirators.

Days after 9/11. All talk was about Bin Laden.

The second Iraq war started in 2003. Officials did claim Iraq was a haven for Al Qaeda. You probably still find these videos of them on Fox News. The story changed, leading up to the invasion.

What not getting is they had actionable intelligence here, the CIA was tracking a cell that did the Pentagon attack. So had to have seen them taking flight lessons, have audio, tapes of their movements, people they met. CIA motives for withholding this information is not even established that's a problem in a democratic society. . . . 

911 conspiracy theorists are always subjective. They look at the event and in their eyes "something fishy happened" or "they can't believe/understand it". That's a belief. You are never going to be able to disprove their belief. Basically if someone thinks the thing looks "fishy" you're never going to be able to prove it doesn't look "fishy" to that person. It's always a debate the conspiracy theorist "wins" because they can always choose to obviously reject anything you provide to the contrary.

So that's a no-go.

The logical approach is to accept it, say okay, it's "fishy", something happened, what is that something?

And that's where they fall down. They can't demonstrate to others what alternatively occurred. They often know this, which is why they go back to luring you into trying to prove that it's not "fishy"

And the only reason they believe something is fishy is because they were told be belief that by some grifter on youtube.

They never bother to think on it. Or verify anything. Or ask any questions. They just believe what they're told and stop any brain activity.

They then repeat what they are told to repeat and expect other people to do the same and shut off their brains. And when they don't they get upset and throw tantrums and plug their ears.

This is why there are no credible conspiracy theories.

Same video you've posted over and over. Everyone has seen it. No one believes you.

You do actually know that intelligence gathering does not happen how you see it on TV and in films.

CIA were aware of 2 of the terriosts in America there does not appear to be an inteligence that these men were of any threat or planning anything (this turned out incorrect)

What probably was happening and still happen to this day in our domestic police forces is that they were being investigated and hoped that this investigation lead them back to the ring leaders. Again this is speculation by me as I dont work in intelligence or law enforcment but it is a speculation by a resonsably intelligent man

There are hundreds of conspiracies that are misleading and incorrect.

Big ones JFK, UFOs, and 9/11 I spend enough of my time on because there is excellent evidence the official narrative is not on solid ground. UFOs less so today spend time on because they’re genuine push to tell the public the truth and up to debunkers to take on the reality they denied for so long.

Holocaust regarding Jewish people. . There is no evidence it didn't occur as official testimony shows. Holocaust kept in a broad spectrum of what happening during a war that people died from illness and other things the six million figure can be factored in, Nonsense to claim six million were gassed in sheds of stone. Logistics of that are impossible. Some of the gas camps closed in early 1942. How many million got gassed ( discussion), but not really a conspiracy, not change the actual event, because even just hundred, thousand, or hundred thousand, the deed itself that mattered. 

Dohnjoe: I change my mind based on evidence. I thought the Skipral poisoning originally was suspicious, but as more evidence came out I think the Russian GRU did it. Still stand by that change, Russia did for what reason still unsure. Skipral working with Ukraine not sure? Guys are fixed humans unable to change. I am not rigid I change opinion if see the evidence good for it.

• Advertisement

But cheerful, you keep displaying your ignorance and hypocrisy at every turn.

You're a holocaust denier.

Other conspiracy theorists pretend you don't exist and don't want to associate with you because your beliefs about the holocaust are both stupid and offensive.

It's the same reason you don't want to associate with Markus because he's a flat earther. His conspiracy theory is embarrassing to you and you'd prefer he didn't exist either.

No one claims 6 million Jewish people were gassed.

This is a strawman you're inventing to pretend your racist bollocks is more reasonable. It fools no one except for gullible folks like yourself and markus.

And again you're displaying you complete dishonesty. You directly and clearly claimed that the figure of 6 million jews was false. You claimed that it was millions less. You are now lying about your own beliefs to pretend they aren't as bad as they are.

If your beliefs were true and reasonable, why would you need to do this?

You have claimed that there was a conspiracy to inflate the numbers of the Jews killed. (And only the Jews for some mysterious reason).

You claimed that this was a Jewish lead conspiracy.

You then tried to argue that the Nazis weren't as bad as was being claimed.

So your line about "the deed itself that mattered. " is pure, orwellian reality shifting bullshit. You are a very delusional and dishonest person.

And again @Markus Antonius why are you not commenting on the fact your friend here is a holocaust denier? Do you agree with him on it? Or are you just that embarrassed by him?

If 9/11 was an inside job it would be one of the most incredible, exciting stories ever. I'd be all over it. But it isn't.

None of the people who claim it's an inside job or try to hint at it through denial can even invent a remotely plausible story (let alone support any)

You can't explain what alternatively happened on 9/11 in any normal way, and your story changes all the time. You see things in photos that aren't there. You never demonstrate anything but your own strange fantasy notions of reality.

We ( meaning us who don't believe the collapse narrative) can support the demolition theory by the very fact NIST said that freefall could not have happened as none of the failures inside the building are instant.

NIST walked back on that claim once they realized that freefall was a measurable event and was proven by science.

Problem: you and others on here not getting is there collapse by fire never had freefall. How can you change and incorporate it when all the work of seven-plus years is done? Denial of freefall was the proof here NIST and others don't understand truly why that building collapsed as it did..

Freefall is proof of controlled demolition because the collapse would occur instantly. Not by fire.  

And like I said before, there are reasonable versions of the 9/11 conspiracy. Like for example, conspirators simply blocked the intelligence reports about the attackers so they could carry it out.

But this isn't exciting. It doesn't involve cool sci-fi technology. It doesn't involve secret special clues that can be found in youtube videos that don't require any thinking.

So conspiracy theorists aren't interested.

They don't care about what's true. They don't care about finding a real conspiracy. They only want to pretend to be special boys with secret information that makes them sound cool and smart.

Again man. There's no "We".

No one believes you here. No one supports you. Other conspiracy theorists pretend you don't exist because you embarrass them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Freefall is proof of controlled demolition because the collapse would occur instantly. Not fire.  

No it isn't.

If that is the entire basis of you claim that the building was demolished deliberately then its seriously lacking. The building collapsing in a particular way only tells you that it collapsed in that particular way.

To prove why it did that you need to show some proof of demolition maybe, explosives, video or explosions, someone who says "I pressed the button" or "I set the charges" for example.

All you have is that a building fell down.

And flat-earth people use a technique of not understanding science and other stuff to support their belief the world is flat. You are using precisely the same technique. There's no difference. This has been explained around a 100 times here.

"I don't get it, therefore conspiracy". Handy way of thinking isn't it..

It's no coincidence that quite a few people (read: all) in the conspiracy community are more than happy just to stick it to the experts, intellectuals, investigators, science, etc via denial. They don't give a crap about explaining the conspiracy itself. Same with most conspiracies.

Ever seen someone provide a detailed explanation as to how the moon landings were shot in a studio? Neither have I. Like you, they don't care, they just deny the science/evidence. Same cult, different subject.

Also it bares a reminder that Cheerful doesn't actually know what Freefall is or means.

It took months for him to answer a simple maths question about it, and even still he got it wrong.

• Advertisement

It's the Judean People's Front v the People's Front of Judea. :)

The building fell down correct. The dilemma.

The Dynamic of the collapse.

When the building came down there was no interaction (energy transfer) between floors collapsing and floors beneath it zero no resistance this was all way across ‘ huge area of space ( 8 floors with a calculation of 100 feet). That's not a probable event by fire, can not happen, especially within a scenario there is a slow progression of failures caused by fire. The slow progress of failures would cancel out freefall.

The building falls through itself it is just impossible that's what freefall implies. A natural building collapse would crush itself so how can there be freefall doesn't make sense unless some external energy was used to remove the resistance as it fell. 

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@Cheerful S - Freefall is proof of controlled demolition because the collapse would occur instantly. Not fire.  

It's a well known fact that if any important supporting part of the lower structure in a tower block or skyscraper is compromised - whether by fire or otherwise - then the possibility exists for it to entirely collapse, instantly. A bit like the game, Jenga. There are numerous qualified sources online to confirm this, just Google it - or are they all wrong and just you are right?

On a side note... I'd like to ask you if you work, sleep, eat, do bodily functions, etc... as you appear to spend the entirety of every day (and most nights) on here, pushing a completely lost cause. Do you not feel anything when stupidity stares back at you if you look in a mirror?

Why exactly do you feel you need to come on a nondescript Irish based forum to push your ridiculous agenda? Is it because you've been run out of every other notable discussion forum?

Post edited by goldenmick on

But cheerful. You showed that you don't know what freefall is.

You showed that you have a less than secondary school knowledge of physics and basic math.

It took like 10 pages for you to realise the difference between an upper case L and a lower case i.

Your attempts to sound smart by using big technical sounding words isn't going to fool anyone.

(For example, your statement: "8 floors with a calculation of 100 feet" is meaningless. It sounds like a young child trying to sound smart.)

You see things that are there in pictures. You believe abject nonsense. You lie constantly.

Why would anyone take what you believe about the "dynamics" of the collapse seriously?

"Yes, but prove to me that the building fell due to fire. If you can't, it means it was some sort of inside job I never have to detail" - the call of 9/11 conspiracy theorists everywhere

Yet when that same logic is applied a conspiracy theory they recognise is idiotic, like Markus's, they fully recognise that this type of claim is silly and unconvincing.

Either they are so lacking in self awarness they don't understand this, or it's deliberate. They know their argument is nonsense, but they use it anyway.

I think in the case of cheerful, it's the former.

• Advertisement

Think need some enlightenment.

A tall building with a steel frame never collapsed fully in all human history ever. It never witnessed records dont exist.

on 9/11 it occurred WTC7 had a few fires on a few floors,

The falling building is not what pulverizes the girders, beams, and concrete (what causes it?). Building in freefall has not the got energy to destroy. Drop a ball off the roof where the energy stops itself or breaks something?

Using energy for something like destroying the building you can no longer be in freefall, energy is used for different things that would slow the collapse.. 

First time in history that a skyscraper was demolished in secret using secret nanothermite silent explosives.

Your posts are becoming less and less coherent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Structural experts (not unqualified conspiracy theorists) determined:  

... the fires to be the main cause of the collapses, finding that sagging floors pulled inward on the perimeter columns, causing them to bow and then to buckle. Once the upper section of the building began to move downwards, a total progressive collapse was unavoidable.

You are showing exactly how immature and ridiculous you are in your arrogance of assertion. You need to get a life. A proper one.

Yea, but according to Cheerful all of those structural experts are either part of the conspiracy or not as good at structural engineering as he is.

What would happen in this scenario golden would there be a crushing effect?

• Advertisement
Advertisement