Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Actually there has 4 photos & a video released of Keaton in the batsuit while filming for Batgirl in Glasgow. They were released on Twitter over the weekend.

I can't really understand why that didn't happen for The Flash. Maybe different production values may have been at play for each movie or something. Although it's good to finally see Keaton wearing the suit for one of the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

there's a batgirl movie?

so much I don't know..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

There's something about Ezra Miller that always makes me feel uncomfortable, even when he's playing a comic relief character - I just can't ever buy into him as a lovable goofball. He has this naturally weird sinister air about him. Michael Pitt was similar, though he was usually cast to lean into that and take advantage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think things are just skewed by what people hear about Ezra. He's obviously better at playing someone like Kevin, but he's more than decent as Barry or Creedence.

Can't say I know much about the chap - but he's always had an unsettling air about him for me... he's almost too pretty or something, with this porcelain coldness to his features. He was perfectly cast in We Need To Talk About Kevin, and quite well cast as Creedence too, as a character with that darkness inside them. I think he works well with either nuanced layered characters (like in Perks of being a Wallflower), or actively malevolent characters, but I just personally find him a tough sell as a comedic goofball. In his moments as Barry so far I just struggle to warm to him. He's like this jittery time-bomb I'm half expecting to go off at any moment! 😅

Dane Dehaan is another similar one for me - works well as a complex character, but less well as a more one dimensional good guy (like in Valerian).

• Advertisement

Deadline has just reported that WB have moved The Flash movie to June 23rd 2023.

It's apparently delayed because of Covid. It's not the only film delayed. Aquaman is now not out in cinemas until March 17th next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He does like to have his name in the headlines for the wrong reasons

Ezra Miller: Justice League star arrested after allegedly ‘yelling obscenities’ in Hawaii bar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh man; this guy seems to be an increasing liability to productions; especially considering at least one (Fantastic Beasts) already recast a problematic star, without having to worry about another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

You'd have to wonder what he's like to work with as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wouldn't be surprised if it's "eccentric"; changing to "a crazed fúcking loon" once staff realise they can speak freely without blackball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

He is becoming deeply problematic for the "franchise" or whats left of it.

Unfortunately at this stage it is most likely becoming a mental health issue- how they big studios deal with this will be v interesting. He's done well with Warner Bros so how they navigate this will be under a huge amount of scrutiny

WB may be lucky that The Flash production has been delayed so long. Long productions with multiple directors rarely land big bucks. The Fantastic Beasts franchise is also on its last legs.

Coming out next week if I recall, which says a lot about the number of fúcks given for that franchise.

God. The Flash truly has become a cursed cinematic property at this stage. It's a wonder we're even getting the movie at all, now this. And even then it seems to be more about Keaton's Batman than the actual titular character.

Easy way to get rid of him is have Grant Gustan replace him when he jumps through time lines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I like Grant Gustin and he did a great job in the TV show, but we've seen him play Flash for about 9 years already by the time the show ends. I think they'd be better leaving Barry Allen and using Wally West as The Flash going forward instead. That way you can just cast a new character/actor who can bring something new to the role (like not breaking into married couples' hotel rooms and threatening them).

Gustin would also be forgiven for having had his fill of playing The Flash and would look to horizons new. TBH I'd not be surprised if we never see The Flash again, and this film basically operates as a backdoor "pilot" for some Supergirl movies.

Given how well the DCEU has gone so far, I imagine they'll cast another Flash if for no other reason than they need someone to "multiverse" an actor out of their role.

They could do John Wesley Shipp & Michael Keaton and have and old guys movie.

Or

Just stop/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What Miller needs is some sort of psych evaluation, and a long break to sort his head out,

Much I'd say will depend on this upcoming film: if it wobbles I'd not be surprised if Barry Allen goes "back to his home planet" and the character disappears from the DC cinematic universe - such as it is.

The couple in Hawaii have now dropped the petition for the temporary restraining order against Ezra Miller. He is also in trouble however for committing a traffic offence in Hilo. His next court hearing is April 26th.

Wouldn't be surprised if they got a bit of a pay-off to drop the matter. WB probably trying to salvage things in case they want to keep Miller in their films for another while.

I would think whatever way this had been handled; it does appear that a line has been settled on the matter. If the court documents were saying that this has been settled out of court. Then the matter is done and over with isn't it?

Another thing that I caught early this morning from IGN was that WB did not have any emergency meeting at all to discuss Miller's future in the DCEU. A WB spokesperson said it was a complete exaggeration.

Meanwhile; there's more photos leaked of Michael Keaton in the batsuit.

That is the same suit used in the Batgirl movie. I have to say it's look decent on him when it's seen upclose. It looks very similar to the suit design from Batman Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rolling Stone saying that Miller was arrested for throwing a chair which hit a woman in the head.

They're done. It's over. No way WB/DC are going to continue with them now.

Jesus the press tour for The Flash is going to be a disaster.

Ah ffs. What in the name of holy christ is going on inside Ezra's head at the minute. This is just bizarre behaviour that has just hit the tip of the iceberg to becoming bordering on insane. What is setting him off to have these bizarre fits of rage in his head against normal people who are trying not to be violent against him. I just don't get it.

• Advertisement

Seems like a total self-destruction. Like, at this stage if it's anything else he'd just be keeping himself away from people for a bit to avoid the possibility of these sorts of things. (Like a werewolf stayin' locked away on a full moon 😅)

Advertisement