Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

I’d agree it’s obnoxious. You guys had a toy to play with and you broke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I find it more obnoxious when people intentionally hide from questions they can't answer, so what are your thoughts on truno not speaking out about MTG?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Parroting all sorts of right wing positions , lol.

Everything is right wing when you are far left.

Still waiting. Anyone wanna wade in? Without deflections? Scroll back a bit of needs be. Is this thing on? Try the veal. I'm here all week.

• Advertisement

And just to clarify you're all apparently a-ok with Trump not calling out Marjorie Taylor Greene? Cool.

Not everyone lives in ‘I hate Trump land’ and haven’t the slightest idea what your talking about. It’s not really becoming of an intelligent poster such as yourself. This hounding other posters for opinions after you’ve just got another poster banned and a lot of his posts deleted is really poor form in an abysmal thread.

Why do you think I have any opinion on this at all? I clearly don’t follow the same circles as you, why don’t you post up your opinion.

I have not got anyone banned. I'm just asking questions. If you're posting on here as a Trump advocate, which you clearly are, do you think its OK that Trump has not spoken out against someone who spoke at a white nationalist conference?

If you're gonna post here, answer some questions.

I’m not a trump advocates if I ‘clearly am’ you would be able to demonstrate it. You’re not the first poster with that accusation, nor I suspect the last. None so far could supply evidence though. Nice little game you guys are playing, but I’m not consenting to this childish game of yours. Talk about the future of trump all you like but leave me out of your adolescent games. Put up or shut up.

So, you're still OK with the questions about not denying white nationalism apparently being acceptable? Grand. Have a good, blinkered, one.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Even John Bolton doesn't buy your narrative about Trump and Putin. Any thoughts on his judgement on Trump?

Aside from his take on it, there's also these points.

But you would have us believe Putin was cowering in his boots.

And should MTG be? Or Trump? for not condemning her given the hold he has over the GOP?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You recently stated that you were playing devils advocate. So, while you can say that you don't support Trump, that is the position that you are holding on this discussion board, apparently for the sake of an argument.

Is it any wonder, therefore, that when you continually argue in favour of Trump (playing devil advocate) that people would then take take to mean you support those positions. You can't expect posters to view your posts on the basis that what you are stating is purely for debate purposes.

It also seems especially odd that you then get so worked up when called out on those positions. Rather than simply state you don't agree with them but are only looking for debate around them, you get defensive and say people are attacking you. When even you don't, apparently, believe the posts you are making.

Post edited by Leroy42 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Because it's very clear you do by your need to reply to these questions in such a defensive manner while desperately trying to avoid answering the question within them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You should be ashamed of yourself, utterly ashamed for challenging their dodged questions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,004 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Not everyone lives in ‘I hate Trump land’ and haven’t the slightest idea what your talking about. It’s not really becoming of an intelligent poster such as yourself. This hounding other posters for opinions after you’ve just got another poster banned and a lot of his posts deleted is really poor form in an abysmal thread"

Ahh... the oul Arsene Wenger defence. "Well, I didn't see the incident so I cannot comment on it".

If you were interested in a proper exchange of views, you would use Google, find out what the poster is asserting (it is salient to this thread after all), and then - wait for it - answer.the.question.

The fact that you don't, but instead clutch pearls indicates to me, and perhaps others, that you are either wilfully ignorant of certain events so that they don't challenge your point of view, or are very aware of them and simply don't want to discuss them because they are indefensible and would rather deflect and make it about how you feel reading a post.

Either way, you are not engaging in reasonable debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bolton knew how unfit Trump was at his 1st impeachment hearing and served giving evidence. Decrying Trump's incompetence when the man actively conspired to extend his actual term in office? Is reprehensible retconning that should not be left slide. Ukraine was treated like a game piece and its paying the price for it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Without doubt , similar things to be said about the recent Bill Barr book.

Those guys should not be allowed to "rehab" their reputations - They were actively complicit in his behaviour.

Having said all that , we can still gain insight into what was actually happening on the ground at the time by hearing what they have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

apart from his description of trump as incompetent, which isnt news to anybody, you cant trust a word the guy says.

I think the GOP know Trump won't run in 2024.

All these comments from Barr, Bolton and previously by big hitters like Graham, McConnell and the likes are just giving Democrats ready copy for campaign material if he does run.

Maybe they've just no cohesive message/control and can't keep these guys on the reservation in the same way as happens in Ireland and the UK which is very possible, or maybe they're letting him take the Flack for 2 years before they'll reveal DeSantis or Haley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So all his cronies are coming out with their books about how inept/corrupt/unstable/insert-well-known-character-flaw-here. They need to make their retirement money. They must sense blood in the water. Personally I don't believe that any investigation will make anything stick to a degree that will dissuade his klan. If he was accused of 100 items and was found guilty of 99, they will see this as a win and take this as proof that all the others should be overturned. If found guilty of everything they are already claiming bias. But I do believe that he may be tainted/tied up enough that he will not be a viable option at the time for the GOP.

So just say he is not in a position to run in 2024: Either still tied up in litigation, found guilty of actions that would mean he was illegible or (Unlikely) he finally crosses some non-existent line that would turn his cronies against him. Or maybe he's just too old.

I know I have asked a similar question before but what would be the GOP plan of action? Do they look for the next clone? His clones are so one-note and almost comically ignorant about facts that don't fit into their ideals that they would be destroyed in any debate. I know debates are ignored by GOP, especially their klan members but they need the centerist vote too. You can't rely only on the white hood, I mean red cap brigade (As evidenced by the last election).

And I'm not interested in another poll from his klan stating "Oh sleepy Joe sux. Trump rulez". I just wonder what tack they would take. Fox "news" seems to have finally given up the pretense of being anything except an extreme right-wing mouthpiece. Every other news agency around the world apart from Russia, China and other dictatorships has a 180 degree opinion in the Russian invasion. So does the GOP follow fox and its viewers? They will absolutely 100000% be guaranteed those votes regardless of outcomes of any debates or difference of opinions.

Will they feel confident enough in relying on the MAGA brigade? I mean will they think that Biden's performance up to 2024 will win over the centreists so they (GOP) can push for another trump clone? And, similar to another previous post, is this the direction they wish to go for the next 10,20, 30, 40 years? It certainly seems to be (As another poster said, they literally LITERALLY had a Golden Icon of him that they worshipped without irony). It seems an extreme path that is only going in one direction.

And how FAR down that path do they wish to go? When that Margorie whatever is not extreme enough, what's the next step? Do they cut themselves off from the world apart from China and Russia? And after that? And after that? It may seem like hyporbole to suggest this but I grew up in a time when Russia and America HATED eachother. Now the GOP seems to be embracing them. Putin is as hard line Russia-first as any 70's Russian leader and GOP policies and American policies in general are differing more and more from Western Europe and other former allies every generation.

I know I keep asking similar questions but usually they are ignored or someone comes out with some poll they found. GOP wins/Democrats Win/whatever. Just curious about the direction of the GOP.

So really this thread shouldn't be "What does the future hold for Donald Trump?" and more "What's next for The Republican Party?"

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,004 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Having said all that , we can still gain insight into what was actually happening on the ground at the time by hearing what they have to say."

When the leaks occurred to the press, his defenders were decrying them, saying they were fake news, despite there being multiple sources.

Now, all these enablers are coming out trying to sell their grubby wares and confirming what we knew to be true at the time. All that will change is his supporters will call them RINOs and tell us all to move on, something something Sleepy Joe

I never said anywhere I was playing devils advocate. Not anywhere. Why are you making stuff up about me? Why did 8 people thank the post if that never happened? This thread is gas light central.

It’s quite obvious when you guys need a new toy to play with because you broke the old one.

Either way, you are not engaging in reasonable debate

Who are you trying to fool? I’ve only responded to accusations against myself for about 3 days now. You and your pals keep making accusations against me that are false and you can’t back up. That is the definition of ‘not a debate’ every time I question you and your mates someone else appears with a similar accusation, again without proof.

You guys need to stop the gas lighting.

Ive made it clear repeatedly these accusations are untrue and further perpetuating these without a shred of proof amounts to abuse. You guys are abusive bullies.

If anyone doubts the level of abuse in this thread they only need to pay attention to this post and the evidence that the posters don’t supply to prove it. They are happy to make accusations but skirt back into the darkness when challenges on their lies. Very trumpesque. You have become what you pretend to hate Leroy. A purveyor of disinformation, you should hang your head in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Please stop derailing this thread with your pearl clutching over an accusation that never happened

Advertisement