Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Please stop derailing this thread with your pearl clutching over an accusation that never happened

I will, just stop making accusations or quoting me. I’m not stopping you, only responding to your ludicrous accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Point to me to the post where I made a 'ludicrous' accusation at you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,127 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ironic consider the GOP's talking points of "the squad" being radical and pulling the party to the right. Here we have two out and out lunatics and very little pushback from the rest of the GOP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You are right, I mixed that up with another poster. I apologise.

However, the point still stands. If you continually come on here and defend Trump, or as is more recently the case for Trump supporters, refuse to condemn him, then it is not unreasonable for posters to take the view that you are in agreement with Trump. Not in everything but given the balance of which was to go, Trump or Dem, you will opt for Trump in the knowledge of all the issues and his shortcomings that brings.

Christ almighty, in one breath you apologise for mixing me up with someone else in another you make another false accusation that I’m a Trump supporter. Worst apology ever.

I apologised.

Then I backed up the original retort of your claim that you are being unfairly treated.

Stop feeling so bloody sorry for yourself. You fail to provide anything to support your positions, but want everyone to just accept you statements and not challenge you?

If you are not a Trump supporter then is seems you are doing an awful job of getting your position across. It isn't just me, there are many posters that seem to think that your support Trump. You may claim not to support him directly, but it seems you have little issue with anything he does and consistently ignore any calling out of him.

So maybe, you need to look at your own posting history and try to work out how you ended up painting yourself as a Trump supporter when clearly you are not. Instead of complaining that everybody is treating you unfairly, maybe start posting the issues you have with Trump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@matchbox2021 can we move on please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hmm going by Cpac last week its only Trump running

Also becausee they're abadoning candidate debates too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I've no doubt he wants to, I don't think everyone in the party is ok with that and are hedging their bets. If it was guaranteed that they were fine with him running, I think we'd see less commentary from former insiders.

Unless, as I sad, US parties just aren't cohesive enough to be able to manipulate that type of control on all members.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump wants to run again but ONLY so he won't be labelled a Loser and so he can "get" all those that wronged him.

He isn't going to run again because of some kind of "unfinished policy agenda items" approach or anything remotely like that.

It's all about soothing his punctured ego and venting his poisonous rage at all those that he feels did him dirty.

Few in the GOP can stand him, to be honest few anywhere actually like the man.

But they are terrified of the damage he could do to them in the primaries so they mostly put up with him.

Those that are actively doing him down are retired/retiring or not up for Election anytime soon so they feel a certain degree of comfort in speaking their minds to a degree.

Other than Cheney, no one that is up for election next November has said a word against him nor anyone planning on running in 2024.

The current GOP fall into three categories really - Genuine Lunatic Idiots (Bohbert , Gosar , MTG et al) , Obsequious invertebrate sycophants (Kevin McCarthy , Lindsey Graham etc.) and then the rest are simply cowards , they hate the guy but won't stand up to him for fear of being Primaried and losing their cushy number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Meanwhile "oath keeper Stewart Rhodes says Trump needs to ‘step up’ and raise money for group’s legal defense" 😂

They'll be waiting, Donnie the conman doesn't even pay his own bills, never mind anyone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Be careful what you wish for. I'd say if Trump did raise money for them, most of the money would never actually make its way to their defence fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,127 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Where on earth are the folks that said trump had nothing to do with Jan 6th, bore no responsibility, did nothing wrong, folks there were just tourists, they didn't try to overturn an election etc etc.??

Whatever about the 6th itself, and they will never be able to prove Trump was involved directly, this paragraph in the above linked article should be enough for any person that claims to be a patriot and a fan of democracy.

The select committee said in the court submission that it believed Trump defrauded the United States by interfering in the certification process, disseminating false information about election fraud, and pressuring state officials to alter state election results.

The proof is there, he admits it and yet there are still many who claim that Trump is the saviour of the US. Whether Biden ends up being a good or bad POTUS, the US certainly dodged a serious bullet when Pence refused to be corrupted to sell out his country for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This is the thing - Biden is a politician and like all politicians he'll do some good things and some bad things and will make mistakes and missteps along the way.

However, he is largely driven by a political agenda to deliver policies that he and his party believe in. Just like Obama , Clinton , Bush Snr and Jr and all those before them.

Of course you can disagree with those agendas as vehemently as you wish and seek to undo them etc. , that is the very function of a democracy.

However , Trump is plain and simple a narcissistic sociopath - He is ONLY interested in himself and has repeatedly shown that there is quite literally nothing he would not say or do in his efforts to look after himself and his ego.

He has no agenda other than self-agrandisement , he has no moral compass , he has no "line" and there is no person or institution he would not burn to the ground without a second thought to save himself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jan 6 committee alleging Trump engaged in criminal conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What would you expect, its essentially a kangaroo court, everyone on the committee hates Trump.

They could at least have tried to pick some objective people.

The House has no ability to bring criminal charges.

Eastman and Trump have not been accused of any crime by federal or state prosecutors, and no top advisers around Trump have been charged for January 6 related crimes, its just more posturing and mud slinging by the Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To be fair, they tried, but the GOP had a conniption about it and just want their misdeeds forgotten about (which is f'n hilarious given the amount of time they waste on things like the Dems stealing the letter W).

Whether you think it is a kangaroo court or not, and tbf every right thinking patriot and true American should hate Trump for what he tried to do, these are court documents which will be adjudged by the courts, not any politicians.

So unless you believe that the entire judicial system had been corrupted, you have nothing to worry about.

But quite apart for that, what are your thoughts on the charges? Have you read Peril? Do you think Trump didn't claim the vote was rigged? That he didn't try to get Pence to overturn the democratic will of the people?

Despite all the very clear evidence, even from Trump himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Gotta love this 'kangaroo court' nonsense that some nim on Fox came up with and the clapping seals all parrot (mixed metaphor, apologies.)

It's not a court, it's an investigative panel with power to refer to the DoJ. There aren't any trials, there isn't a jury or a judge. And the GOP could have been more cooperative, but heck it was the same granstanders from the first impeachment that they offered up, like Gym Jordan.

Objective people?

You mean like some of the people nominated by Kevin McCarthy , like Jim Jordan??

Do you think he'd objectively review the evidence (include the evidence of his own involvement) and come to a balanced decision based on the facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Have to laugh (again) at the Trump worshippers. Their guy is getting dragged over the coals, so it's a "kangaroo court".

FFS. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A Trump worshipper, lol.

I have a statue of him out the back instead of a grotto, you are welcome to call around to worship any time you like.

I made the valid point that the committee is completely made up of Democrats and a couple of turncoat Republicans, its completely unobjective.

Another poster starts arguing pedantics about it not being a court, and accuses me of lifting the phrase off some cabbage on Fox News, I know exactly what it is.

Imagine I set up a commitee with a few other people who dont think Trump is the devil incarnate and you and a few of the people who dont like Trump set up yere commitee, do you think the outcomes would be similar ?

You mean like some of the people nominated by Kevin McCarthy , like Jim Jordan??

Do you think he'd objectively review the evidence (include the evidence of his own involvement) and come to a balanced decision based on the facts?

No I dont think he would as he is one of Trumps biggest fans, but then again neither will the people on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Turncoat? From what?

Advertisement