Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Yeah, Helsinki was a disgrace. Obviously, because Trump kept everything secret we will never actually know what was discussed or agreed, but his body language was very telling. Compare his body language with Putin with how he pushed past the Montenegro PM at NATO.

One was clearly alpha male, I'm the most important and with Putin he was head down, subservient and whimpering. Even to the point that when asked about who he choose to side with, his own country and fellow Americans, or the leader of one of their main advisories, he couldn't bring himself to stand up for either himself or his country.

And yet there are posters on here trying to claim that Trump was anything other than a complete failure, and in fact probably worse. You can forgive someone for making wrong decisions, for not being good enough, but to blatantly side against your own country should have been the final straw.

Post edited by Leroy42 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Respectively I disagree. I have bootstrapped three successful businesses and I can say for certain that there are only two reasons why trump is 'in business'.

Either he's an bullsh!tter with a lot of money to burn, or he's laundering money. On the first point, Tv is very good at portraying someone who isn't what they are, have you ever seen Donal Skehan chop something? The guy hasn't worked a day in his life in a professional kitchen. But he's on tv because he makes for 'good tv' not by any virtue of his abilities.

The same can be applied to trump if you listen to any of his 'business advice'.

On the second point, there is no proof that any of trump's businesses have been shown to be profitable, even his accountancy firm will not stand by any of his accounts. So how has he still is business? Ever seen those retail businesses that pop up yet never seem to have any customers? Well considering he's been bankrupt several times then where is his investments coming from? Well then just let his son highlight that point and then wonder why he's so 'hard' on putin.

He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, if you are going to believe that a (dead) JFK Jnr is going to run as running-mate with Trump in 2024. If you are going to believe that Covid vaccines inject nanobots so Bill Gates can track you. If you are going to believe that 2020 election was stolen.... Then you are going to believe fox news and its partners such as RT. This is their core audience (Certainly fox's)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

"It's pure fantasy to claim Trump took a hardline on Russia"

Yet under 4 years of Trump , Putin was kept docile and peaceful. One year out of office and not only has Putin created a lethal humanitarian crisis , but has also hinted at the possibility of nuclear deployment. Do you have any idea just how utterly insane you sound with that comment? You and the other cult members here are far to deluded to ever think rationally , simple as that.

Fact is , this is Biden's fault- you better believe that . Because Trump isn't responsible for any of this. Putin was unsure how to proceed with Trump who is a loose cannon. The weakness of Biden however is to blame , hence why Putin immediately tested the waters by sending troops to the border back in spring of last year. This seems to be a pattern under Obama and Joe. Putin steamrolled both of them, yet attempted nothing under Trump.

Nobody agrees with what Russia is doing despite your delusions , not Trump , not Tulsi , not Tucker or Hannity. They all condemn this terrible act.

The issue here isn't TRUMP , its that the current President is such a feeble imbecilic weakling with an idiotic VP and that US politicians have been caught up in a fervor for the last half decade, so much so... they've been unwilling to take proactive diplomatic measures or even to talk with Putin. At least that would've provided opportunities to talk some sense into him, or if that failed.... instill the fear of God in him. But that's what refusing to talk to your political foes leads to. But as it is now, Putin realized he's got nothing to fear from Europe and America so has has free reign to commit war crimes. Putin had legit concerns with Ukraine joining NATO, and had the west acknowledged that, and taken a another approach, maybe things would be different. But Biden refused to mandate peacekeepers so this is where we are now. A world away from geopolitical stability under Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kamala Harris the intelligent, well educated, successful woman called "idiotic" by a some random Trumpist on boards 😂 The comedy never ends with you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If he was still in office this wouldn’t have happened.

If Covid hadn’t of happened he’d still be in office.

I’ll give him this he can sell any aul crap to those who want to buy regardless of the product.

Trump does agree with Putins actions, he said so. To think this is Bidens fault one has to think that Putin only thought of this recently. Yet, he invaded Ukraine before.

Trump gave him all the encouragement he needed. He created a rift in NATO, he showed that he was more than happy to withhold weapons to Ukraine, he bloody well handed over intel directly to Russia for goodness sake from Israel.

Trump had already agreed on the withdrawal from Afghanistan, so Putin already knew that America was pulling back, and Trump continued to drive the narrative that the US no longer cared about European defence and that American needed to bring all its troops home.

All of that tells Putin that America is not ready for a fight. That it will give in. Couple that with Trump given NK pretty much everything they wanted (international recognition, direct negotiation as equals) without them having to give up anything and Putin can see that America is weak. Putin assumed that Biden would be too, probably believing all the Fox News nonsense about him being senile, and that Europeans were completely divided.

Putin didn't have to attack Ukraine during Trump time, as he knew that Trump would never do anything to cause him any trouble. This war is all about Putin trying to get what he can to stop the stronger US/European alliance from reforming. Why would Ukraine want to join a NATO being attacked by Trump. But now they see Biden is leading a stronger US, a stronger NATO and a more aligned Europe, he needs to do something.

This line that Putin didn't attack while Trump was in office is not the win that you seem to think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Disengenuous and insulting as usual but I wouldnt have expected anything less.

Your absolute hatred for Trump has clouded your judgement, you can see absolutely no redeeming features in the man, I can.

He is a blockhead and a buffoon at times, he made a complete ape of himself last week with his comments but Trump and US policy was hard on Russia during his term in office, to say otherwise is false.

By and large, U.S.-Russia policy was on autopilot since the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act was adopted.

What does anything I said have to do with Qanon ?

Most of it is fact.

Deflect deflect deflect and go off on a tangent is what you are a master of.

What aggressive actions did Putin take in Trumps 4 years of office ??

Did Trump urge the other countries in the Nato alliance to increase their contribution to 4% of GDP ?

Did they increase their contribution ?

Who told Putin that he would bomb Moscow if Putin invaded Ukraine ?

Remind me who supplied lethal weapons support to Ukraine, a move that former President Barack Obama had been unwilling to take ?

Who added further sanctions ?

Who expelled dozens of Russian diplomats ?

Who removed the sanctions on the Nord 2 pipeline last year, who shut down the Keystone pipeline and increased the US dependancy on Russia for oil ?

Remind me who made a complete balls of the Afghanistan withdrawal when it was clear that the Taliban werent keeping up their side of the agreement ?

Remind me who inflammatorily called Putin "a Killer" ?

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This argument that Putin was concerned about Trump because he "unpredictable" or whatever is just nonsense.

Putin didn't invade Ukraine over the last ~10 years because he wasn't ready to , he was upgrading the military and putting in place the structures to allow him to attempt to ride out the sanctions he knew were going to be coming.

When Trump came to Office, Putin was perfectly happy to allow Trump to be Trump and do all kinds of damage to the relationships in NATO and generally piss all over US Foreign policy and relationships.

For Putin , this was manna from Heaven. Trump was , in Putins view laying the ground work for his expansion plans in Eastern Europe by weakening NATO and making it less likely that the US might get involved.

Trump after all, told the world that Crimea was Russian and that he had no problem with it's annexation.

Trump then bent over for the Taliban and left Biden with a poisoned chalice of an exit (that he admittedly didn't do a great job with) further making Putin believe that the field was open for him.

What Biden has managed over the last month or so will on reflection be seen as one of the better pieces of International diplomacy in a very long time.

He has facilitated the pulling together a fractured NATO and EU - mostly by allowing them the space to make decisions and not making it all about the US (or him) . That coupled with the actions of the Ukrainians in defence of their country has done more to re-establish NATO and to get the EU to step up to the plate than any other actions in the last 30 years.

If Trump was in charge , Putin might have done things a little differently - He'd still have gone into the Donbass & Luhansk and Trump would have simply let him and said nothing and Putin would have just chipped away at the Ukrainian Government. Trump wouldn't have supported the level of sanctions in place today and Putin would have gotten what he wanted.

Because Trump wasn't in charge Putin had to go all in as he knew the sanctions were going to come in hard (although probably not as hard and fast as they have) so that he could have a bargaining chip to negotiate with.

Tl;dr

Putin decision to wait until now had absolutely nothing to do with him being in any way shape or form worried about the draft dodging coward that is Donald J Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

• Advertisement

Yet under 4 years of Trump , Putin was kept docile and peaceful. One year out of office and not only has Putin created a lethal humanitarian crisis , but has also hinted at the possibility of nuclear deployment. Do you have any idea just how utterly insane you sound with that comment? You and the other cult members here are far to deluded to ever think rationally , simple as that.

This is effectively the I hate Trump thread, you arent going to get rational and objective discussion on here from those guys.

Trump= bad is all they see, he has no redeeming factors and did nothing positive whilst in office .

This despite the fact that Trump was a Democrat for most of his life and alot of his policies were similar to those of the Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Actually, this is the 'what does the future hold for Donald Trump.' So, what do you think it holds for him and why? Personally, rehashing what he did isn't interesting, no more so than rehashing GWB or GHWB or Obama for that matter.

No, because then he would have to deliver to lizard people elitist Satan-worshiping democrat pedophiles.

To be honest, I don't even think fox would take him. Not because they don't agree with him (Hell, they MADE him). But simply because he is incapable of talking about anything but himself. Even in that puff-piece where he suggested invading Mexico, he started his reply with his BAU lie about the election being stolen.

How could trump have a show that wasn't 100% about the election being stolen?

"Well President Trump, what do you think about these uppity homosexuals? Should they have rights? "Well, let me state that the election was stolen by woke homosexuals"

"Well President Trump, what do you think about the fine people of "Unite The Right"? "Well, let me state that, despite, y'know, these fine people, they tell me... I don't know... I'm just saying... despite these fine people voting for me, maybe they should have voted in other states, there are ways, I'm just saying, Hilary did it and Obama and Sleepy Joe, they, y'see, the election was stolen. I have MANY people saying, you don't, you can't, my people, they say it was stolen, OK"

"Well President Trump, can you give us your opinion on Northern Ireland?" Well, the Irish, they love me there really, they really do. I have golf courses there. You should see them. Wonderful. Their president, he said they were the best courses in Europe. He said that! But y'know, they, love me too because I bring so many jobs there and brought peace. You don't see Hilary bringing peace there. Or Obama Or Sleepy Joe. I, well, the Irish are ungrateful, they, y'see, their groups, you know who, they rigged the Irish American vote against me. And Johnson, a very good friend and handsome man. Models himself on me. He told the Irish, you vote for trump or there, y'know"

Trump= bad is all they see, he has no redeeming factors

He is a racist sexual predator who assaulted women, called white supremasists "Fine people", spun lies about a stolen election and praised the people who stormed Capitol building because of his lies (Which he continues).

What would you consider a redeeming factor given the PROVEN FACTS above

This despite the fact that Trump was a Democrat for most of his life and alot of his policies were similar to those of the Democrats.

And immediately abandoned this to pursue racists, homophobes and weak minded conspiracy-theorists in order to win an election. When he lost he turned on his allies and his own party.

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

Trump has shown himself to be such a terrible human being that the default, for any rational person, is to not like him. He is a liar, didn't stand up for his country, wouldn't take a stand against neo-nazis, racist (is that the right term for religion?) against muslims, hid the effect of his drone strikes, praised dictators, gave massive tax rebates to the wealthy etc etc.

What positive did he do and do you thin that outweighs the clear negatives he did. What is better is the US after his 4 years than before? Did he sort out healthcare, education, the wealth gap. Are opportunities for minorities better. Did he strengthen the democratic process? Infrastructure? Access to internet? Reduce dependency of fossil fuels? Create US a leader in some technology?

What positives that could outweigh the massive negatives that he brings?

So the future of Trump depends on whether he can convince enough people that despite his massive flaws, shortcomings and beliefs that given another shot at POtUS he will actually do something positive. His latest 'policy' announcement at CPAC, that he wants POTUS to have the power to fire any and all federal employees, would suggest that is he is not looking to make anything positive only to run things more to his liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

To be fair he made things easier at the start of the pandemic for drug companies to get the vaccines through, now he lost interest in it after a short time when he realised it wasn’t going to be about him. He’s bound to have got some things right over four years, some by design as they benefited him anyway and some by accident. What he wasn’t was competent, he floundered around lurching from one thing to another as the whim took him. There are bound to be a few things that he got right but that doesn’t take away from all the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Did you just copy and paste the same post as the one from last night?

You could have saved yourself the bother because I didn't buy it then and I'm not buying it now. I've already pointed out the false narrative you are adopting. One thing I left out from my response that others have pointed out is the incredible scenes of Trump meeting Putin on his own and hiding details of that meeting from his administration. But you expect us to believe that no one else was harder on Putin than Trump. I'm not buying it.

You're absolutely correct that I hate Trump and can see no redeeming features in him. He is a lying, cheating, selfish man with only his own personal interests motivating him above even that of some of his own children. When he sought the nomination in 2015, I said that it would be a disaster if someone like him were to become President because aside from the self-interest he would bring to the office, he would negatively impact what constitutes diplomacy in todays world and embolden others who thought a loud voice was enough to warrant having such power.

And that's exactly what has happened.

This is a thread about Trump. There's no law that people have to post positive stuff about him, this isn't a social media platform he has released.

Trump is and was only focused on what works for Donald J Trump.

And before you think some of us will just hate him because he is a Republican. That's not the case, I live in a state with a Republican Governor who I have a lot of respect for, I live with some Republican people including one who was on the staff of a prominent Republican senator for a period. Just last week I had dinner with a friend and his wife who would probably fall in to the category of staunch conservative Christians. I can respect a lot of the positions and views of these people and still abhor what Trump is and what he has done to diplomacy and political discourse. And I have similar disdain for those who continue to enable him or support him because they are trying to achieve their own agenda.

The world has and is literally suffering as a consequence of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

I must say it's great to see more and more trump supporters posting in the thread to balance things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,121 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

careful! Some people get offended when you call them that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Really? I don't see them posting anything constructive, and none ever seem to want to talk about what the future holds for Donald Trump.

Do you think he'll run for POTUS again, and do you think he'll win?

You arent buying it thats why you completely ignored the factual points I made, as the answers dont fit your narrative.

Instead you went off on some rant about Qanon and the MyPillow guy because thats what you do best, you deflect and you argue a tangential issue ad nauseum until you have exhausted the opponent.

But you expect us to believe that no one else was harder on Putin than Trump. I'm not buying it

I never said that.

And before you think some of us will just hate him because he is a Republican. That's not the case, I live in a state with a Republican Governor who I have a lot of respect for, I live with some Republican people including one who was on the staff of a prominent Republican senator for a period. Just last week I had dinner with a friend and his wife who would probably fall in to the category of staunch conservative Christians. I can respect a lot of the positions and views of these people and still abhor what Trump is and what he has done to diplomacy and political discourse. And I have similar disdain for those who continue to enable him or support him because they are trying to achieve their own agenda.

Wow arent you great, you actually talk to Republicans, very open minded and non prejudiced. Bualadh bos.

If Trump was being in any way hard on Putin, he'd have tried to turn their meetings in to a reality TV show so he could focus on ratings.

But he kept even cameras and administration officials out of the room. They are the factual points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I was expecting a rebuttal, detailing former posts where you actually did post emperical evidence, or answered a question directly. But instead we got 'wah wah wah butthurt', thank you for proving my point

There was a place for devils adovcate, in 2015 and 2016.

But since then we have seen 30,000 lies, the downplaying of a pandemic, the pulling out of an international climate agreement, the withdrawal from an Iranian Nuclear pact, the acceptance of bounties placed on US solidiers by Russia, the targeting of the media, the turning a blind eye to a US citizen being murdered by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, the kowtowing to two dictators, the undermining of the US electoral system, two impeachments, 1 insurrection and the empowerment of like minded individuals in other countries around the world.

The real TDS is wanting to ignore all that in order to own the libs.

You actually believe there is a Devils advocate position to take on Trump? I can't see any. I find it hard to think of another person less qualified for the job of POTUS. He has no care for others, everything must be about him (except strangely when it comes to Putin when all of a sudden he feels compelled to give Putin 1st place).

It isn't TDS, it is looking at the myriad facts available and drawing a pretty simple conclusion. Trump started off his bid for POTUS as a PR exercise, he never expected to win. He was completely overawed by the job and came into completely unprepared and with little to no agenda about what to actually do.

He had no replacement for Obamacare, his initial Muslim ban fell foul of the constitution, his big tax reform failed to delivery the 8% GDP growth promised (and needed to make it pay for itself). His solution to getting jobs back to the country (which I agree with him on) was to give companies handouts and when then pocketed them and went to move anyway to threaten to cancel them (funny given his aversion to cancel culture).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Not to mention retrieving them from the jacks after lard arse took a dump on them and blocked up the plumbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,260 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I am so glad I have already digested my lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Speaking of insight, I ask again, where's the evidence that some of his businesses are "highly profitable" like you claimed?

Advertisement