Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Becoming President is based on popularity, nothing to do with business. Regardless, a huge achievement. Never claimed otherwise.

However you ignored my point about his numerous business failures, which aren't based on failures required to learn how to succeed, but are just failures, or at worst, scams. He profited off some of the failures because he let others (investors, shareholders, banks) take the losses. And they came after he was successful. He doesn't learn from his failures, he just scams others into failing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

They do? Don't make me laugh.

I asked you what your faults with Biden and you blamed fox news for Bidens poor ratings. 🤣

Everlasts only criticsm of Biden when asked was that he hasn't packed the supreme court.

So get off those high horses there my Blue friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I wonder how Trump would have fared if his daddy hadn't given him the equivalent of $413,000,000.

Sure. Poor people's brothers unfortunately do the same. So, Trump with $413,000,000 or Trump with $0?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

I don't know was it to you or someone else, but I've already said that Biden should have done way more to honour election campaign promises and in particular to ensure voting rights.

I said that he should have done more to make it obvious that Sinema and Manchin were and are obstructionists and I was very vocal in denouncing the decision to take money from Afghanistan to pay the families of victims of 911.

But, I think he has done very well in lots of ways and as someone living in the US, I am delighted that he is President. It's been incredibly refreshing to see political commentary being done in the correct way without him trying to make himself the center of attention or to be using very serious topics as a way to fight a different battle. The more we see diplomacy done appropriately, the more shameful Trump looked. And I can say that without saying that the current President or anyone else is 100% perfect. No one is, but Trump was further from it than any President in any of our lifetimes.

• Advertisement

Trump's father wasn't a good person. It's why Trump's brother developed alcoholism and Trump developed narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Entrepreneurs dont have time to spend hours and hours each day giving out about Trump or "The Right" on the internet.

I suspect most of the people who do this, do so on their employers time.

Something to while away the day, engaging in ideolology and virtue signalling.

These people are in for a rude awakening, Capitalism is dog eat dog as is politics.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh right.. So after 50 years in multiple failed businesses those profits are just around the corner are they?

In the Amazon example , they weren't profitable because they were re-investing the money in expansion and innovation - They were always making money.

Trumps businesses weren't profitable because they were sh!te and were losing money hand over fist.

I mean just look at some of them?

Trump Steaks - Below average quality Steaks bought on the open market and then sold at a crazy markup (4 steaks and 12 burgers for $200!!!! , 15 years ago) in Sharper Image ,a Technology/Gadget shop.

I mean of course you'd want to buy some steak alongside that electric massage cushion , the combination is obvious!!.

That business lasted about 8 weeks before it went bust. (May to July 2007)

I repeat - Not a SINGLE business idea from Donald J Trump has EVER been successful or profitable , not one - 50+ years of abject failure in business.

His only skill is as a con-man and a liar - He has the business acumen of a pebble.

After being disowned & demeaned by Daddy Trump for refusing to go into the family business and just wanting to go off to be a pilot.

Being born into Wealth doesn't mean much , being given hundreds of millions of dollars over years and years to prop up your repeatedly failing "businesses" means a hell of a lot.

How about the people giving out about woke libtards? Each and every one a millionaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

@Quin_Dub His only skill is as a con-man and a liar

In fairness, he has been quite good at that.

But then, there are legions of gullible fools out there that are willing to give their unquestioning allegiance to him and empty their pockets too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I'm assuming "woke" means someone who doesn't view the world in 100% tangerine Trump-O-Vision? A child can see that Trump is at best a third rate used car salesman. Without his father's Ill gotten gains to get started, that's where Donnie would be today. Even with Daddys millions to get him started, he seems to continually go out of his way to prove that he's a terrible businessman. There is not one thing Trump can't somehow mess up. If he was a chef he'd find a way to burn water. But it's always someone elses fault. We don't just understand his genius. And yet despite all of this, his cultists see him as some sort of successful Alpha Male businessman. If the consequences of the unwavering slavish devotion to this serial lying man child weren't so damaging; I'd be laughing at you. Unfortunately I can't laugh at you, so I'll pity you instead.

I repeat - Not a SINGLE business idea from Donald J Trump has EVER been successful or profitable , not one - 50+ years of abject failure in business.

What a sweeping statement.

Its completely incorrect like most of the stuff you come out with.

Trump Tower, Grand Hyatt Hotel, 40 Wall Street, Trump Place, Mar a Lago, Trump International Tower Chicago,Trump Models, The Apprentice and most of his golf courses were all very good investments and highly profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Just to be clear Mark Burnett created the apprentice. Trump was just the name / figure head for it (i have no idea how much input trump had into the show)

Why won't he release his tax returns if he is so successful? Would shut his detractors up once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

All of those are essentially property businesses born out of daddy’s business.

Trump models a success come on he closed that 5 years ago and if it was doing anything other than having access to gorgeous women it would still be going.

the apprentice - he was a reality tv star it was not created by him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah Trump Tower Chicago is so successful that its known as Chicago retail's biggest failure and had over 200 million of debt forgiven when he sued his bank. I'm sure you can provide evidence that the rest are "highly profitable".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'm not disagreeing with all of what you say, but social justice needs to be a core guiding principle of a political party. The alternative is a political party supported by useful idiots drunk on populism and a misplaced sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Looked at old poll data

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

wrong poll, mea culpa

• Advertisement

Trump playing second fiddle to Putin for 4 years, really ?

Remind me again what aggressive actions Putin took in Trumps 4 years of office ?

Remind me what President urged the other countries in the Nato alliance to increase their contribution to 4% of GDP ?

In 2016, non-U.S. NATO members spent $262 billion on defence; in 2020, they spent $313 billion. I wonder why that was ???

Remind me who told Putin that he would bomb Moscow if Putin invaded Ukraine ?

Remind me who supplied lethal weapons support to Ukraine, a move that former President Barack Obama had been unwilling to take ?

Who added further sanctions ?

Who expelled dozens of Russian diplomats ?

Despite Trumps public admiring words for his Russian counterpart, his administration held a tough line on Russia.

Had there been no Mueller investigation, Trump may have had more leeway to make overtures to Putin, but it would still have taken a drastically different Congress and major changes in staff appointments to make it a reality.

Remind me who removed the sanctions on the Nord 2 pipeline last year, who shut down the Keystone pipeline and increased the US dependancy on Russia for oil ?

Remind me who made a complete balls of the Afghanistan withdrawal and demonstrated to the world what a pussycat the US was ?

Remind me who inflammatorily called Putin "a Killer"

Remind me under what president the military has wasted 6 million man hours on "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” training, including critical race theory.

There is only one thing a bully is afraid of that and thats a bigger bully, Putin did nothing on Trumps watch because of Trumps unpredictability. He was after all viewed as mentally unstable by the KGB.

He waited for Joe 101 to take over.

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

Also worth remembering that Trump actively attempted to extort Zelensky by withholding arms for his own personal gain. It's pure fantasy to claim Trump took a hardline on Russia. He fawned over Putin.

Also that rant about diversity training etc is just random. The military is notorious for harassment including sexual, it seems like a pretty good move to counter those issues. A few hours of training is not gonna amount to some supposedly less effective military and also has feck all to do with the situation. Just shoehorning your pet topics as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Also remember when trump displayed his invertebrate nature in Finland when, despite all his intelligence agencies confirmed it, he wouldn't say that it was Russia that influenced the 2016 election. You could say he's hard on putin, but that would be a different kind of hard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just a reminder since this is the 'what will the future hold,' stuff is stirring around in #2xIMPOTUS land (where, despite being such a great businessman his accounting firm just invalidated 10+ years of his tax records). Debts are coming due.

#2xIMPOTUS does have all the grift he's gotten from his sheeple donating to his campaign. Apparently has raised millions (like you can trust any numbers from him) and doled out around $350k of it to campaigns. Wonder where the rest of it is going?

Nice little summary of the state of things a few weeks ago in Trumpworld. https://www.salon.com/2022/02/12/under-investigation-your-guide-to-whos-probing-what-and-how-its-going/

Also, the ex-FLOTE (First Lady Of The Evening) is under investigation too. https://www.salon.com/2022/02/13/melania-under-investigation-related-to-florida-charity-laws_partner/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I simply ignore the ramblings of people who pull out the "woke" card. It's the laziest, easiest comment to pull out and seems to cover everything. It's almost like that episode of The Simpsons with Lucy Lawless at a comic-con:

Well what about... "A wizard did it"

And this? "A wizard did it"

Well what about your opinions on.... "Woke culture distorting facts"

And on this totally unrelated and diametrically opposite situation? "Woke"

Watch:

• Trump's support of Russia? "Woke"
    • Trump's support of invasion of Mexico? "Woke"
    • Trump's sexual assault of women? "Woke"
    • Trump's instigation of terrorist attack on Capitol? "Woke"
    • Trump's statement that POWs are "Losers"? "Woke"
    • Trump's statement that white supremacists are "Fine People"? "Woke"

See how easy that is? So instead of coming out with any sort of thought out POV, they bring out this universal, lazy, catch-all phrase that they don't even understand.

I mean we won't get their opinion on trump's history of sexual assault. We won't get an opinion on trump's (A draft-dodger) belief that American Prisoners of War are "Losers". We won't get an opinion on trump's suggestion that the US send tanks into Mexico. We won't get an opinion on his support of white supremacists or his terrorists who stormed Capitol building.

Instead they will go "Are you STILL on about that?" while also spouting proven lies about the election being stolen. They will point to allegations of Ukrainian money going to Biden (And trump's attempt to halt the supply of weapons to Ukraine. Let's also remember trump has blood on his hands. Denied Ukraine assistance and cheered on Putin. What happened to trump then? Oh yeah...... . While also not mentioning trump's HUGE reliance on Russian banks.

You woke libtards are the wokiest bunch of woke libtards who ever woked a woke

So yeah: Woke Card=Idiot Card

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Detritus70

He would either be a sleazy small-time insurance salesman or dodgy second hand car dealer with several convictions for sexual assault to his name and a few bankruptcies. And anyone who knew anything about him would know better than to have any business or personal dealings with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Detritus70

You may not be surprised in the slightest to hear that this is exactly Tucker Clarson's sentiment:

Quote:

Carlson was roundly condemned, but he wasn’t alone. Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s sometime adviser turned podcast host, has praised Putin for being “anti-woke”, for not flying pride flags, and for his hostility to trans people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump threatened to cancel NATO unless it did what he wanted. He continually talked about the US no longer being involved in the defence of the Europe. He called out NATO allies, praised Putin, dod nothing about Crimea, sided with Putin over his own security services. He withheld defence assets from Ukraine unless they delivered dirt on his political rival.

And some posters here really want people to believe that Trump was strong against Russia or that he did not play a significant role in embolding Putin?

It seems, at least at this stage, that Putin has misjudged just how much damage Trump was able to cause in his four years. It appears now, thanks to Biden taking control, that NATO has got stronger, that the resolve of the West has grown and that at last they can stop making excuses for Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,121 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He also flipped out when Obama dismissed a number of Russian diplomats.

Let's not forget Helsinki of course. Such a beaten and whipped man....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Still waiting for the proof for your claim that several Trump businesses are "highly profitable".

Advertisement