Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

"Thankfully" I can't buy a PS5 at the moment as none in stock so I have an excuse to wait and get through my Quest 2 backlog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Interesting, Gamestop were previously giving me like €40 for the PSVR, and on CEX they will give €93 cash, and then €36 cash for each Move controller (if v2, €19 for v1). Think it's finally time to sell it, seeing as I haven't used it in ages! But will 100% be getting this, will probably preorder in GS as soon as I can. Bring it on! I was expecting €400 for the headset, and then €200 for the controllers, which will be coming as a bundle so I'm expecting €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GeneralMudkip

Hope the tracking doesn't use the camera like the PSVR1 did. Horrible way of doing things and didn't track too well, especially in rooms where you had a lot of light streaming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭jj880

I'm holding out for Moss Book 2. Will sell after completing it. I have headset, camera, move controllers and aim controller.

No cex near me so will sell on donedeal / facebook. Would be happy to get 100 euro for the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I'll wait and see how the manage backwards compatibility is before selling.

• Advertisement

I wonder how long new psvr games will release. I assumed it would be a cut off after psvr and new start with psvr2 + inside out tracking. Wish I knew enough about the tech to even guess how backwards compatibility would be achieved - it would be great if it could happen.

On PS Store Astrobot Rescue Mission down from 40 euro to 12 euro for ps plus subscribers. 16 euro without ps plus. In my opinion the best psvr game.

Yeah the head tracking should be okay for BC. Just wonder will the new controllers be able to take the place of the Move/camera setup or will there be problems there?

Yeah at this stage Im glad I didnt get the PS5 camera. I was thinking about it in a bundle for a friend early last year. He was looking for a PS5 and I was gona keep the camera myself for PS5 VR. Seems like its a waste of money unless Im missing something.

Since completeing The Room VR I've been looking for another escape room game.

Red Matter discounted from 30 euro to 4.50 with ps plus (7.50 without) at the moment:

• Advertisement

Red Matter is even better than The Room. Really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Red Matter is absolutely brilliant, one of my top 3 PSVR games. Some of the puzzles can get pretty tricky (one involving a circuit board and capacitors might induce some brain melting 😂)

Im in the reactor room at the moment. I did 2 circuit boards with capacitors to unlock a winch on a floor lift. Unless you are talking about a puzzle I havent seen yet. 😆.

Yeah its tricky but I like it that way. The whole feel of the game is better than The Room. The detail / physics and the way the tools handle are unreal. Maybe Im biased as I like the sci-fi theme more than the supernatural theme of The Room but I think its just a better game all round. Cant believe its on sale for 4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I don't think they'll sell it without the controllers. It would be useless without them. I'm expecting max €500 for the whole thing.

Damn. Just finished it today. Unreal. Ending just as good as the gameplay. Cant see anything topping that. Already completed Astrobot. Maybe Moss Book 2. Maybe. Thinking about getting Arizona Sunshine to get some use out of the Aim controller.

😆

Got the feeling this is gona be like TLOU on PS3. Last big game on PSVR. Been lookin for bargains in recent times but will get this at launch.

Edit: available on PS Store for wishlist.

Moss Book 2 is good.

Definite upgrade in how it looks, level design and additional weapons. The last level in particular is stunning. The best looking game Ive played on psvr.

However I found the puzzles easier than the first. Battles are easier too.

Its a bit longer than the first game but still wont take long to complete.

I would say if you are a big fan of the first game get Moss 2. If not maybe wait for a discount.

• Advertisement

Not sure if new info or not. Just got a mail about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New details published in the current edition of Play mag.

One of the new features is foveated rendering. Could be a game changer if latency isn't an issue.

Edit: I found screenshots for the full article online but I'll assume I can't link them here?

Sold my psvr for 150 euro. Happy with that.

Psvr2 is shaping up nicely.

Double

From Sony business briefing. 20+ major first and third party games confirmed for PSVR2 launch

I see Sony are running a heavy discount on psvr at the moment. Maybe trying to get rid of remaining stock before a big announcement. Hopefully psvr2 release date.

Some of these 20+ psvr2 games on show in the state of play 11pm tomorrow night.

Some good psvr2 previews in the state of play:

- RE4 (not sure if this was in VR but since OQ2 has it in VR it might be)

- RE8

- Walking Dead 2 (looks really good in VR)

- Horizon VR Call Of The Mountain

- No Mans Sky

Was hoping for an Astrobot but Im sure that will come in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Still impossible to buy a PS5 yeah?

• Advertisement

They were near impossible to get. I got mine on launch day but took me about 5 hours on the harvey norman website. Since then Ive gotten a few for friends by subbing to the ps5 stock update thread here and the @ps5_ireland twitter page and it has gotten a lot easier. If you set up alerts for both it wont be long until you have a ps5.

Advertisement