Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭EarWig

While I'm here.

Most of my deliveries now are made by Amazon's drivers. I get a message the day before saying delivery will be made before 9pm the next day.

I am rarely at home for a full day. It would be really nice to able to be pick this up myself from somewhere. Any indications of that being introduced in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭deezell

They should buy parcel motel. Can't use it for uk only suppliers since Brexit. Once whlle at my local Maxol, the Nightline guy was filling the lockers, I'd say half them were Amazon. You can still get a delivery to Irish parcel motel address, but no guarantee that packets from other than Anpost pets Amazon et al. won't be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amazon provide free delivery on orders over £25 for non prime buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi.

bought an item on Wednesday from Amazon and it’s on route right now.

thing is I was in shops earlier and picked up exact same item for cheaper.

Can I do a “return to sender” ?? (if I indeed happen to catch the postman/courier etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

If it's being delivered by Amazon Logistics you can cancel the delivery if you go to the tracking.

If it's An Post, when you get the text for alternative delivery options change the delivery address to the Amazon returns address in Portlaoise.

Amazon Returns C/O An Post

Portlaoise Mail Centre

Clonminam Ind Est

Portlaoise

R32 AP22

• Advertisement

thanks, how do I know if its being delivered by amazon logistics etc?

Edit: it will be delivered by An Post.

Does one always get a text about delivery?

Yes as long as you have provided a valid phone number you should.

the below options appear, which is best to choose?

To a neighbour probably, see if you can specify an alternative address. I haven't done it in a while, it might have changed.

Otherwise just refuse the delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My return label is for Dunfermlin Scotland. Is that likely to delay the refund & I guess will cost more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yeah, would be great to have a pickup point option. Or even something like "Amazon Day" where you know what day they are going to deliver. Now it's always "to be delivered on Monday by 9pm" and then they usually deliver on Saturday or Sunday instead (and always at random times, so if you're not home for the whole day, you'll miss a deliery).

Or if they could have a delivery slot that gives a general idea on when the delivery will actually happen - the likes of DPD can manage that, so why not Amazon Logistics?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

If you live anywhere near the north, amazon have collect points/lockers in the UK, just select one in newry or wherever and collect from there if you don't live too far! It's handy I get stuff delivered there and pick it up that Amazon won't deliver to the republic

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭EarWig

Yeah.

I have four things which I'd like to buy but can't until my next work break when I can be at home.

Making your customers dance around your needs is real monopoly power in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

There is a pick your day option if you have an England/Wales/Scotland, not NI, address picked. It doesn't seem to offer it if it is going to an Amazon Locker either. Just picking Murrayfield Stadium as an example. Something will get there tomorrow with the one-day Prime, otherwise I can pick my two preferred days, and if I pick Wednesday and Friday then it will arrive on Wednesday.

With any luck we will get the same when Baldonell opens up. It is all well and good that I can order something at 8pm this evening and it can be picked, packed, dispatched from say the Edinburgh Fulfillment Centre, sent across the sea, sorted in Greenogue, fired into the back of a van and delivered to me on Sunday but if I know I won't be there on Sunday then that defeats the purpose. It would be handy not having to wait to order something based on when I know I'll be at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Any word on when the Irish Fulfilment Centre is to open (Baldonell) please?

Depending on your job, you could use their address and have stuff delivered there. My son had 4 car tyres delivered to his place of work, a University, which got some funny looks from the reception desk! Pre covid, I routinely had stuff for myself and my job delivered to the job address, city centre, and it was definitely faster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Bought a phone last September. Was £509 ex UK VAT. An extra £ 117 with Irish VAT which was added at the basket under import fees as expected. Just got a message from Amazon saying I'm getting a refund of £117. No idea why but not complaining!

I returned an item & my Amazon account got refunded. I am now being told that I can't use my balance on Amazon Spain. The CS keep insisting that it's a gift card balance. Has anyone experienced similar ?

• Advertisement

If you used a gift card to purchase the item then they are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you did not use an Amazon Gift Card or balance to pay something, then the refund should have gone to the payment method that you use to pay for the order in the first place (like your credit or debit card).

Balances / Gift cards can only be used on the country side you have them the, i.e. co.uk or .com etc but not across regions.

The question here is why you did get a refund to your balance and not back to your card!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They usually give you the option as to whether you want it on a gift card (instant) or returned to the original payment method (takes a few days)

Did you have a credit balance prior to paying? If so, why was that not refunded to your card, or do you not keep card details saved. I had Irish VAT refunded last year, it went back to my card, not to a 'balance' which I've never heard of before, except with ebay.

The only balance you can hold on Amazon is with gift cards. As mentioned above any refunds are returned to the method used to purchase

I think Amazon need to make it clearer that, if you accept the refund as a credit to your account, it can only be used on the UK site. I will insist on a card credit from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

How long has it taken for returns going with An Post to get to the Sered address for anyone whos ordered from amazon.de? I sent returns over 2 weeks ago and amazon site is still not showing them as not having been received there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

When is this Amazon fulfilment centre opening in Ireland, or is that shelved now (no bad pun intended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Advertisement