Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FedEx

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

why was it seized and you agreed a settlement amount? for what tax ?

Are you sure these guys on the link are correct to contact? There's a lot of different contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭user302243

It was alcohol and was seized as no excise was paid. If I remember correctly DPD couldn't give me any information other than it was seized and they didn't have the parcel anymore.

I then got a letter by registered post a few days later asking me if I wanted to request a settlement amount. Had to reply to an address in Donegal then a few days later got another letter saying it was €20 or so, rang up and paid over the phone. Then picked up the parcel from Dublin port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Given that they are on Revenue's webpage about what to do if Revenue have your package, I would think they're a good place to start.

What others have you come across?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dollylama

I wouldn't put much faith in anything Fedex Dublin tell you at the minute. I had this "held by customs" and "delayed with Irish revenue" spiel for over 8 weeks on 2 different express parcels. Turns out Fedex sent the parcel out to wrong depots twice (didn't show in their tracking) and when the parcels finally arrived 8 weeks later, they issued us with someone elses import paperwork requesting payment!

It's a sh*tshow in Fedex Dublin at the moment. You only have to ring one of their sub-depots for a chat to get an insight to how badly their Dublin hub is run

• Advertisement

Ive been trying to deal with there 1800 535 800 number but they don't know anything. They keep saying they don't have my parcel anymore and customs have it, but when I try to contact customs but they say they don't have it and to contact fedex.

Do you have a number for the fedex santry depot or other depots?

Can't find it online. They would probably be better to contact

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭dollylama

Yeah, that's exactly the runaround I had! They claimed "customs" had it only through pestering them on the phone and contacting two of their sub-contractor depots... on opposite sides of the country.. did I learn they had sent it to the wrong depot twice. Not saying this is what has happened yours but just to give an idea of the level of incompetence you're dealing with here.

I had offered numerous times to run into Dublin to collect but they said that wasn't an option and looking back, they're probably right as the chances of them finding a parcel on the hop are slim when they can't even track them internally.

I think their North Dublin depot is out by the airport. DPD are in Santry

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

Wondering if anyone had experience with custom charges and fedex.

I purchased an item from Japan on eBay. It was vat paid upfront and I have the eBay invoice to show this, also the fedex tracking says Vat paid with the IOSS number.

However, I just received a txt from fedex asking for vat to be paid as the item item is imported 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Is this prior to it being delivered or after?

Coming from Japan there would be more than VAT to be paid on it.

I haven’t received it yet its sitting in Dublin depot and it doesn’t say whether they will keep hold till I pay.

i bought it for usd 156 with usd 35.97 vat on eBay.

FedEx billing me for:

vat eur 34.18

disbursement fee (fedex charge) eur 12.60

• Advertisement

FedEx is difficult to deal with. They were charging me vat (already paid to aliexpress) and their fee. I stopped using them about 9 months ago.

Seems like they've changed their ways. They used to deliver and then chase you for payment. They have the upper hand now that they hold your delivery.

Just to update on this, they did in fact end up delivering to me prior to the charges being paid.

they then sent me a physical invoice, I contacted them via their dedicated email account for disputed invoices and told them i paid vat already and they cancelled the invoice for me.

Well done. They have never relented in the numerous disputes I've had with them. They even totally ignored invoices showing I had already paid the vat.

I stopped using them and didn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i got a gift of a few hats and a couple of tshirts from a friend in thailand. Delivered by fedex. Didnt think anything of it at the time. Then they started sending me reminders saying i had an outstanding account balance for €58. the items i got were probably bought on the street for less then a tenner. Tbh i don't even want them! What do i do? They are threatening me with legal action in the next few days 😖

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gifts over €45 incur VAT and clearance charges. Customs would probably not believe that stuff worth a few euros would be sent via an expensive courier rather than by post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Does anyone have any idea how to contact TNT? FedEx have taken them over but their systems aren't aligned yet so say I need to contact TNT. Their phone number doesn't work and every email address I have tried gets an out of office on holiday reply, all with different names. There is a package in their Tallaght depot for the last 2 weeks. I will pay the duty due but I haven't had a bill for it or given any information

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I have a package held by customs coming through FedEx in Santry - its there a week today, customs have been provided with Invoice, all paperwork, proof of payment via PayPal and they still haven't released it. I paid the VAT, duty and fedEx fees 2 weeks ago.

FedEx say they have no influence and don't know when it may be released.

Do I have any options here, can I contact customs directly somehow (would it even help?) or is it just a case of sit and wait?

If they don't release the goods, I presume they get returned to sender and I have to look for a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Same craic, letter stating customs and duties owing. Fedex payments site where you pay has been down since we'll before Xmas "we are experiencing difficulties" so can't pay.

Today get a letter threatening legal action if I don't pay within seven days.

If ring you get automated services. If you day "complaint" you get through to UK who cannot accept payments and say payments site been down months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I have a delivery coming through FedEx, I paid duty while it was in transit from China. It’s through customs, but had been sitting in Dublin, shuffling between their Santry depot and Tallaght and back again, but still not being delivered.

They are impossible to deal with or get an answer from. I’m told their Dublin depot is a mess. The delivery made it from China to Dublin in 3 days. 2 weeks and counting sitting in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 catthemaggie

I just received a similar invoice from FedEx but the package was delivered back in March 2022 and the invoice is dated January 2023.

Is there a time limit of when they need to inform you of these fees that anyone knows of?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not as far as I’m aware. Its a stupid practice by Fedex, but if they paid it out they are owed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Scheduled delivery

4/17/2023 9:20 am - 1:20 pmDUBLIN 8, DU, IE

I had to go out briefly. At 1.53pm they attempted delivery. I was back at 1.57pm😥

Does anyone know if it is possible to pick up from the depot? The phone service (18000 535 800) is appalling, they just will not connect me to a real person no matter what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

Was at home all day waiting for a package and got an update at the end of the day:

-----

Delay Customer not available or business closed.

-----

Complete and utter lie as I was at home all day and I have a video door bell.

Fedex Ireland is a joke of a delivery company, just look at the reviews on Truspilot

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/fedex.ie

One of the major complaints at the time Eir code was being developed was from the big couriers. I'm not sure if any of them use it, apart from drivers on their own phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Hi.

Had a package delivered by FedEx from England last week. Just a few items of clothing from Brandalley.

Total price of the items was 135 GBP.

Today received a bill from FedEx for 73.66 EURO. Made up as Import duty € 18.63 , import tax € 40.03 and other charges €15.

Does this seem correct as it appears quite large amount.

No problem if it’s got to be paid just not sure about the amount.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Have a look at the first post here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055862554/new-import-duty-vat-thread-read-post-1-for-rules#latest

You will need to have a look at the TARIC for the correct rate of duty, VAT is 23% and the customs clearance charge of €15.00.

Sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

They have been very poor recently. My business is struggling with them. Failing to pick up deliveries and express deliveries sitting in their depot for days. The most recent issue I am having is a delivery agent in our area deciding upon himself not to pickup or deliver to us because "his boss" keeps putting us in the wrong place on his schedule. UPS appears to be the most reliable delivery company at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement