Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

It’s €200 exit fee for the free charger contract. But my understanding is (I asked and also checked T&c’s) that you can get charger and cancel after a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

OK thanks, I was quoted 1300 for the Zappi v2. Then I'll claim back 600 from the grant.

Think I might take this option then as it will work with the PV I have installed.

Thanks guys for the answers. Your are all quick to answer lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭podge3

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Minifox

If anyone does go with Energia and has solar panels, be sure to tell installer that you want them to install a clamp so that the EO charge point will communicate with your solar Panels. Be very specific about it. My installer said having solar panels wouldn't be an issue but he didn't install the clamp!

The opt out is 200 but I will pay it when I get a night meter. The discount rate with Energia is about 25 cent per kw and that really makes driving the car a lot pricier than it should be.

In short, I wish I had gone with Zappi!

A completely different question--has anyone used the electric pump thingy to add air to the tyres, or is it just for punctures?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

If it's the one in the wheel well it's for pumping the can of goo into a punctured tyre :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I dont know about the Niro but those pumps will also act as simple air pupmps. Just dont attach the can to it and it will operate as a normal air compressor. Maybe the Niro one is different but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

More than likely they're all the same then, will look it up later. I just spend one euro at Circle K, get air and hoover the footwells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Picked it up yesterday. Was meant to be the first week in January but covid got me.

I ordered late November. This was in stock the whole time but KIA supposedly wouldn't let anymore cars be registered.. not sure what that's all about but hey.

Preferred the interior and gadgets of the E soul but I won't be driving it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gazgaz22

Hi folks

Just wondering has anyone changed the number plate bulbs to new LED BULBS and if so which type did you go for .

E-Niro is MY22 ...th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭championc

Yep, LEDs all round. Bought a pack on AliExpress for less than a tenner from memory.

Separately, I bought a bulb for the reversing light, which better illuminates my driveway at night.

And for MY19 - 21 owners, I bought ZES LED Hi/Lol headlight bulbs. Pic somewhere earlier in this thread

Post edited by championc on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 gazgaz22

Thanks Champion

I'll have a look for them

A good review of the new Niro: https://youtu.be/VVwSWfWNusw. The is the hybrid version only, no sign of a functioning EV version yet.

The hideous (IMHO) contrasting c pillar is an option, apparently.

Here is a look of the outside of the Niro EV SG2. Exterior only.

https://youtu.be/mDxDpVWv7U4

Nice comparison vid of old and new: https://youtu.be/swgSLbx7bxs. Not sure I agree with all of her opinions but it's good to see both models side by side.

Some of the comments on UK forums seem to agree that it'll be 2023 before the gen 2 full EV model is available.

Got this email from Kia yday.

Hi Michael,

Yes unfortunately we don’t have a lot of info just at the minute but here’s a snip of the most recent Kia Bulletin that was just released to us on Monday past explaining time frames.

^^this bulletin provides additional details of the run-out for the current generation Niro family. As announced at our National Dealer Conference, production of the all new Niro will commence during Quarter 2, with the first units being available for registration and handover from early Quarter 3. An update on the line-up and launch plans for this exciting new model will be provided during April, ahead of the start of the Electric Experience roadshow^^^^^

Quarter 3 Meaning July-Aug-Sept time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

for anyone who is interested I got a towbar fitted to my Niro EV yesterday. It is only for a bike rack so not sure if it would be rated to tow light loads. The swan neck is detachable so sits in the boot in a heavy duty bag. Clips on and off in seconds and can be locked to prevent theft. No visible evidence of the towbar when the swan neck isn't attached unless you look very closely under the car..Pricey but worth it if you want to carry a couple of bikes regularly without the hassle of fitting the strap on rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

@irishgrover did similar for the E-Soul last year after Brink recommended http://www.towingequipment.ie/. Cost them €900 including the bike carrier. Contemplating this myself, do you mind me asking where you got it done and roughly how much?@irishgrover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Malcolms tow bar services in Rathcoole. Very easy to deal with. Around 600 for no electrics and 900 for electrics. I had a bike carrier already but they have some lovely bike carrying options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I couldn’t get an answer out of Kia on warranty when I wanted to fit a hitch for my dog step (which I had used on my hybrid)... dealer said if there was ever an issue with the drive train they’d blame the bar .. even though I had stressed it was for a step that slotted in and out of the hitch for 60 seconds while the dogs got in and out of the car and provided photos so he could go back to Kia on my behalf etc etc… Insurance wanted documentation from the mechanic too so make sure you have that sorted too. I ended up not using it anyways as it didn’t fit the same as it did on the hybrid with the difference in the 2 bars..

Maybe things are different now a couple of years later with warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Is there a winter heating option on the Niro like the soul had? Was at an Ionity yesterday getting a grand total of 24KWH..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

I contacted Kia Ireland via the Kia.ie website asking if they knew when the all new Niro EV would be available to purchase in Ireland. This is their response!

How can they not have any idea on when they might be available!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah it was the same a couple of years ago! Mine will be available when the id.buzz comes out lol 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Still no sign of our new eniro. Call the dealer again today.. absolutely no answer for me, nothing he can do.. apparenrtly Kia Ireland dont even know when of if its even in the country. BUT, he said i have a chassis no assigned to me.... go figure

How on earth in this day and age, i cannot be told where my car is.. is on a production line in Korea, or in a ship, or at the port....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 theinferior

Do you mind saying when you put in your order? I'm wondering how long it takes to get one these days.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I was in two different dealers.

1 said next year and other said Summer.

Next year had some in stock while other hadn't any.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Got my new e-Niro a few weeks back and am loving it so far.

I know this question has been asked a million times and there are a million answers but.......what is the average kWh/100km owners are getting?

I watched all the YT vids (including the 130km/h test in very cold temps) but I would like an Irish perspective.

The average I'm getting with no heating on is about 18kwh/100km. That is for journeys of between 50 -100km at speeds of up to 110km/h with gentle acceleration. It goes up to early 20s with the heating on and as low as 15 for slower local journeys.

The 18 figure would indicate a range of only 350kms in this not particularly cold weather. Will the range really increase into the mid 400s in warmer weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Had ours a few weeks. Getting 16.75. Mostly rural roads short journeys. 1500km in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

In the Summer was getting around 14.9, now it's up to 15.9 for the last 3 months. Mostly rural journeys and 1 weekly drive of around 150km on mostly motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Plasmoid

Ordered mine 18th of November, picked it up today.

Seems like mine was unusually slow getting transported after coming off the boat.

Advertisement