Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

I will be surprised if there is any available stock of the new model before 2023.

AFAIK, there is as yet no real pics of the interior, just artists mockups. This leads me to think the interior design isn't fully finalized. Plus the chip shortages that are affecting most manufacturers won't help.

Hard to tell about residual values but IMHO, the new model is just a refresh. As there are scant details about the new battery and drivetrain, it is likely the new model will have something very similar. If there was going to be a new battery architecture, Kia would have announced it at the launch of the new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

Good man Podge.

I can imagine the Niro and eniro will have a similar interior. This video went up 4 days ago.

https://youtu.be/rlzzvrFs8J8

Hadn't seen that, thanks for posting. First time I've seen the interior.

Can't say I'm overly impressed with the new model - and I'm not saying that because I just bought a new (old) model!

For all I know, there might be a boat load of the new model on the way but I doubt it 😁.

Aye its got a bit of an ev6 look on the inside. This is the hybrid but it most likely will be the same for electric.

Few bits moved around but has a very similar look on the inside.

It's the potential features that might have changed such as range, or features like a heat pump.

But then again the face lift will most likely be a bit more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭davidod1

I was aware of the new model coming along, but I suspect it will not be released until quite late in the year and be intended as a 2023 car.

I made a decision to continue with placing my order for the current MY22 E-Niro as it is very likely that the new model will have a price increase, my 2019 Niro PHEV will be a year older, and it is likely that because it is a ICE model the value will have dropped a bit further than if it was full EV.

All in all I felt that now was a better time for me to change, rather than wait and find that the price to upgrade was more than I could handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Just an update, I was in with Kia today and as your all aware availability is difficult to get. I put a deposit down for the eniro as it's a beautiful car to drive. Just amazing.

When I asked an expected date of delivery LOL that's when the uncertainty hit. I did mention the new face-lift and was told that a letter went out last week with the face-lift coming in for July. Obviously availability will again be extremely limited. I was told the face-lift will be roughly 3000 extra but that's kia covering themselves. He says it could be less.

But anyways, happy I pre ordered a eniro weather its the current or the face-lift.

I really enjoyed the test drive, such an amazing car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

If the price falls, it will only be down to cheaper components or a lesser spec. We have a tried and tested battery chemistry and despite the fact that the earliest e-Niro's date from early 2019, I have yet to see a single report of battery degradation, and there will be all sorts of charging patterns by all sorts of users, I certainly wouldn't like any new fangled compount which saves a few quid off the overall price.

I do think that the e-Niro will be quite desirable on the second hand market for many years to come. The only thing which could push prices a bit would be imports of the UK 4+ model, with it's heat pump and sunroof. But we got the aluminium pedals and the rear seat bum warmers :)

I don't think we need to worry about UK imports until they join the EU (or single market/EEA) again 🙃.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Heated rear seats! The MY20 onward has great spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Back in late 2019, 20 people ordered e-Niro's for March 2020 delivery knowing that they would get the upgraded infotainment screen, but knew nothing else about the specs.

Maybe there is a serious disconnection between HQ and dealers ? Do sales people have to do their own research ? Do sales people care about the tech, or just making the sale ?

Anyway, glad I jumped, and would never go back.

My biggest problem is my excitement and to think I potentially have to wait 3-5 months just kills me lol.

Fingers crossed I get a call at the end of Feb🤞🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gazgaz22

Hi folks

Just a quick question ..short cut bottoms ie..power on for entertainment screen radio media etc stopped working .I noticed it after I set up android auto but not sure if it's related ...works ok though steering wheel but no response when you press then on dash ....

Any suggestions

Gaz

Try resetting it. With a small pin into the hole to the right of the volume button

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Haven't had that myself but I have heard there is a pin hole on the dash that you press and it will restart the head unit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭sk8board

Wow, that’s a whole new model, I thought it was a refresh. Looks great imho

I don't like those side panels though. Otherwise it looks nice. If they had it in black, I would go for that so the panels don't stand out so much

Edit: Actually, just saw that YouTube video, and it looks great in that dark colour. I saw some images of lighter colours with a dark panel..

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi folks,

Anyone having issues with scheduled charging (from the cars head unit)?

We've departure time set for 7.30am every day but it doesn't seem to work?

When it's plugged in at night it shows the green light on the charging lights in the window but then doesn't charge.

Uaing a Zappi V2 but with no charge restrictions or solar linkup.

Works fine for my Ioniq

Am I missing something obvious?

Thx

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

Reset on pin hole and works a treat .....thanks

Hi Peter

Maybe I could be Username profile setting ...haven't used schedule charging yet ..

Just a thought

Ok, thanks gaz, I'll look into that 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I only got my eNiro last week so have only tried the scheduled charging once which worked fine. So I cant suggest anything unless maybe you have a 2nd departure time set which overrides or conflicts with the first one? What I don't like about the scheduled charging is that you don't seem to be able to cancel the departure time display settings on the screen . It always seems to hold on to the days of the week display even though departure time setting is set to off. Not sure if I am explaining this correctly. Not a big issue but it would be nice to clear the display..

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭davidod1

AFAIK you can achieve the same on your Zappi settings.

For the guys that got the car recently, did you get the home charger for free from Kia or did you have to get your own fitted ?

What brand did Kia offer?

I'm looking to get the zappi for my solar panels, but if Kia offer one for free I might opt for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Kia offer is through Energia. It’s EO mini charger. You won’t go on EV rate tho. It’s 20% discount (so approx .27c and 13c night). You’ll come close to paying for it over the year compared to current cheapest rates (BG or EI).

We went with Zappi install. Faster turnaround and better futureproofed charger.

The free charger is really nothing to do with Kia, it's all done with Energia. Kia just pass on the the customer's details.

I didn't qualify as I already had received the SEAI grant but leaving that aside, it's a bit of a ripoff.

The way it works is Energia contact you after you place your order for the car. They will arrange the installation and you pay the installers €600, which you claim back from the SEAI.

The catch is the you get a much lesser discount on the electricity rate than you do as a standard new customer - both from Energia themselves or any other provider. I calculated the "free" charger would cost me between €700 to €800 over my current provider (Bord Gais). As I had already had the grant, the "free" charger would have cost me €1300 to €1400.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Interesting, but the break contract fee is only 50 euro so that's always an option.

Advertisement