Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

I ordered mine in Mid November, was told early February then, had likely missed January.

Checked on 7th of January, and was told it's arrived off the boat on the 4th, and will take maybe 2 weeks to clear customs and get transported.

Yesterdays was told much the same, but from a different sales person. Still showing as pre-customs in their system - so sounds like its same for a lot of Kia's and Hyundai's, they are all stuck in Cork in a backlog.

Interestingly he said they had expected them to arrive in to Dublin port, but they went to Cork due to Dublin being full. Could be salesman small talk of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gazgaz22

Hi folks

Just letting you I ordered my E-Niro back in August .21.meant to arrive in October then November and then finally told it would arrive in Dublin over new year ...I'm finally collecting mine tomorrow ...

Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Wow.. Cant understand why they cannot provide a date. Just means i'll be calling every week busting their heads!

I want to get the charger installed and to kick off the grant process... but apparently i cannot get the application ID until the car is registered...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

I had my charger installed before Christmas, probably 3 weeks before my car was registered. You can't send off the forms to claim grant until you have a picture of the car, charger installed, copy of logbook etc, but the letter of offer from SEAI is valid for 6 months.

I ordered mine in November and got it first week of January. My dealer must have had some stock that hadn't been allocated.

• Advertisement

Hi Jimmy ....your new Kia E E-Niro ...was it MY22 version and did it come with full LED headlights and new Kia logo

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Minifox

Got my new e-niro in January and ordered in November.

It has full LED headlights and new badge.

On a different topic, has anyone else got a kind of squeaky noise coming from left front window/panelling area. I usually hear it on country roads at 30-80kms. I'm turning up radio to drown it out, but with a 40k car, I really shouldn't have to.

First world problem, I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jmsbohan

Got my wall box installed today and picking up my new e niro tomorrow, can't wait. I'm sure I'll have lot's of questions for everyone over the next few days.

Same here.... Ok also got WALLBOX charger installed yesterday ....lots of questions coming up so here's for tomorrow ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ms jou ordered her e-niro and paid deposit early October. Got the car 12th of January. Dealer's in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Ordered mine late November with a delivery date of February. Car landed in the country in early December and I collected last week.

Dunno why delivery times vary so much. Probably luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Cars were taking about a month from leaving the dockside at Pyongtaek to landing in Ireland. Add about two weeks before for at least a manufacturing date.

So clearly @podge3 you got a cancellation order, and we're possibly lucky that it was in the colour you wanted.

When I was changing my speakers, I was hoping to find some barcoded sticker with a manufacturing date on it. It would have been interesting to know how long it had taken between manufacturing and landing in Ireland, but I never found any.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Hi Gaz, came with LED headlights and new Logo. As far as I'm aware they are they only changes.

Seems there was a large shipment just before christmas

I wonder are all these already with customer or are still being cleared.

At last my E-Niro arrived today ....trust me you won't be disappointed...wow great car

I bought without even a test drive in any EV. First drive was off the forecourt. Coming up to two years later, and I still smile when driving it around

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Thinking of getting one. With no trade in what kind of offers or discounts could I get? Unless they want a 14 year old focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I'm looking at buying an E-Niro. I am looking at 3 options, 19, 20 & 21 plates. Is there any major differences between the years?

All models from Mar 2020 have the larger 10.25" infotainment screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

Maybe a question that has been asked before, but does the E-Niro MY22 have a heat pump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Unfortunately no. None of the e-Niros sold in Ireland have one.

Thanks, I was told yesterday by the garage that they do. It won't put me off buying one, but nice to know all the info.

Unfortunately, most of the garage salespeople are clueless, especially about ev's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ask him/her to show it to you..😁

If like the Ioniq 28kWh, it is very clear to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

+ faster AC charging. You'll get 11kW/hr using a three phase charging cable, instead of the 7kW/hr you'll get at home with a two phase supply.

Hi guys .. collect my new E-Niro on Friday and then on Friday night I was sitting in car going through all stuff in car as you do not aware I was in standby mode rather than drive mode ....

Following morning went to get into car and found car was totally dead....I had drained the 12v battery under bonnet ...AAhad to come out and within 20 seconds they had car up and running again.....

So remember if your sitting in car setting it up make sure your in Drive Mode ....

Will be buying a portable battery charger in the morning in case this happeñs again when Im having a daaaaaaaw moment ...

Just through I'll share this WARNING

CAR IS AMAZING

To this I can agree

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Put it in utility mode from the convenience settings. This will run everything off main battery. Great for waiting with heated seats on.

That's great to know ...will do

• Advertisement

Can I ask, with the new model coming in July let's say. Will it be a huge difference or are they similar.

Will I loss money on the non face lift model?

Advertisement