Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

Nothing a bit of tin foil on the chest can't fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’m not here to rehash the conversation you are having if you’re not paying attention.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Which of the multiple vaccines would that be happening with? The vaccines have been going into people's arms for close to two years now, and on a massive population wide level for a year. Which vaccine is showing any indication of having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

It seems that there was something like a 1 in 18,000 chance of Pandermix being associated with someone developing Narcolepsy. I'm not sure how dangerous the H1N1 'flu was, but if it killed - say - one person in 10,000, it would still be smart to take the 'deadly' vaccine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What are the chances of injury due to the pandremix vaccine compared to the doses given?

What are the chances of injury due to the covid vaccines?

What are the chances of injury due to any other medicine?

The issue with pandremix wasn't the number of people effected, it's the fact that those side effects weren't identified properly due to a bunch of factors.

It also kind of shows that you claims don't really bear out.

Why do you believe that the issue with pandemrix was exposed? Was it by armchair virologists on internet forums and twitter? Surely if things are as you say and companies are allowed to just rush out vaccines as they please, then the whole medical establishment wouldn't have exposed them like this?

Could you tell us what are the issues you believe are likely for the covid vaccines?

Which studies are you using to reach this conclusion.

Conspiracy theorists on this thread and forum have claimed that they will cause narcolepsy as well as huge amounts of death and infertility. Several have suggested that the increase in mortality in some places is in fact due to the covid vaccines and this is being covered up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ding ding, there's Pandemrix, everyone take a drink. Because I am very familiar with the way this is going:

1. No vaccine is 1000% safe. No one is claiming they are. I specifically previously mentioned that these Covid vaccines have an approx. 5 in a million chance of anaphylactic shock after injection. Like the vast majority of vaccines throughout history, they have been determined to be overwhelmingly safe, the chances of death/injury is determined to be very low, while they are saving countless lives from this virus during a pandemic.
    2. Pandemrix, Gardasil. Out of the entire history of safe vaccines, anti-vaxxers will instantly zone in on any which have had any issues in order to fearmonger about other vaccines or vaccines in general. Pandemrix had something like a 1 in 18,000 chance of narcolepsy, this was later identified.

Anti-vaxxers have many red flags, here are just a few:

Are hysterical about vaccines, dismissive of a virus that has killed millions

Are concerned about the long term effects of vaccines, unconcerned of the long term effects of Covid

Will highlight any isolated issues with vaccines, will ignore the vast majority of vaccines with no issues

WEF comments. Can you please explain how corporations will control the governance of the country. Either be specific, or highlight the exact parts from the WEF which specify this. (No don't ask me to "read the website", I have read it, I want you to point out where you are getting this)

This stuff is from a guy who consumed truckloads of drugs with god knows what in them, but is now suddenly "concerned" what's in medical treatments.

As mentioned the conspiracy nonsense industry is a big one, judging by the views he gets, he's raking it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Dude, he always raises some very good points, and has 6 million subscribers!

Okay, maybe we have different definitions of perfectly safe, because the Government labelled both Pandemrix and the Covid vaccines as "perfectly safe", despite being aware than Pandemrix hadn't finished trials and had caused issues previously, so perfectly safe is probably just something they say when they really want you to take it.

There's a lot of material from the WEF about corporations being involved in governance, but you're trying to put words in my mouth by saying "control governance", that's not unexpected, that's how you guys operate on this thread, so just clarifying.

"When states were the overwhelmingly dominant actors on the world stage and major policy decisions were commonly decided by a limited number of them, progress on international cooperation tended to be measured by the establishment of new intergovernmental legal frameworks and institutions. But the Global Redesign proposals suggest that efforts today to strengthen international cooperation will increasingly need to have a wider focus and apply multiple tools: creating new international law and institutions; upgrading the mandate and capacity of existing international institutions; integrating non-governmental expertise into the formulation of policy frameworks, be they formal (legal) or informal (voluntary or public-private); and integrating nongovernmental resources into policy implementation

The state-based core of the system needs to be adapted to a more complex, bottom-up world in which nongovernmental actors have become a more significant force. But what is also required is a corresponding sense of ownership in the health of the international system by these very non-state stakeholders, which until now have tended, with the notable exception of certain NGOs, to leave such matters entirely to their national governments."

Since we're on the subject I just came across this video from 2 days ago that some people on here might find funny.

https://rumble.com/vsmb1j-dutch-mp-gideon-van-meijeren-confronts-pm-rutte-on-his-connections-w-klaus-.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Why would some people, and especially governments not want to see more people availing of vaccines ?

They are a much more inexpensive way of dealing with a health problem than hospitalisation and have proven so over the years. They have also lowered the mortality rates for various diseases since they were first developed. Governments have been encouraging their populations worldwide long before this pandemic to avail of flu vaccines which have shown that they reduce the risks of serious illness or death, so why the conspiracy theories over them now ?

Is it not more the case that rather than most people and governments recognising the value of vaccines, there are some who have always been anti vaccines for a whole hodge podge of often laughable reasons, who have now jumped up on the bandwagon with their loudspeakers hoping to convert more to their anti vaccine nonsense that they have nothing to back up other than whatever idea is rattling around in their heads on that particular day. Nonsense that as soon as it is exposed as such they will then like magpies grab on to the next shiny idea from some media grifting wannabees who like themselves will not answer any questions but bounce on to their next theory like fleas on a hotplate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

I'd share your suspicion of major corporations having heavy involvement in government. Corporations, especially PLCs, are essentially psychopaths unless they are run by very ethical people at the top (and even then can have parts of the org getting up to shenanigans).

However, the good news is that we are not going to have Pfizer or Tesla in government here any time soon. And that's not going to change without a referendum.

Of more immediate concern is the power of lobbyists - maybe not so much at national level here, but certainly at EU level, and in the USA.

So you’re completely anti-vax and have gone quite far down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. So of you were in government with a health system already heaving at the seams, and a pandemic comes along, and extremely safe vaccines were developed (compared to getting the virus), what would you do?

If you are worried about corporations being involved in pushing their agendas you might want to take a look at some other publications. A good place to start would be with the financiers of the Great Barrington Declaration (which advocated the "let it rip" herd immunity discredited theory), the American Institute for Economic Research and their associate libertarian so called think tanks around the world and read some of their publications and check out the deep pockets that fund them. One of their statements to back up their particular bullshit from their grandly titled "Resident Fellow" is that no matter where in the world it strikes, the spread of Covid-19 drops to practically zero after 70 days.

I agree with you. I'm not saying we will see it. All I said was that the WEF want more say in state governance for corporations, and they tried to use Covid to push it through, I didn't say it was a big conspiracy, I didn't say it would happed, it was just an example of an organization trying to use Covid to their advantage, just like many other organizations. Again, my whole point is that they are not big conspiracies. I happen to disagree with many people on here, so everyone wants to label me a conspiracy theorist so they can dismiss what I'm saying.

The US is nuts, not just because of lobbyists, you have regulatory bodies funded by the corporations they're regulating, and legal insider trading by congress, the conflicts of interest are just beyond belief.

Yes, you have a very different definition. Are you vaccinated?

Gideon van Meijeren is an embarrassing loon who reproduces many of the tropes we get on this conspiracy forum. He's been discussed here before.

As for the highlighted passage, what's the link and context? What is your actual concern? Be specific.

• Advertisement

I'm pro vaccine, I am fully vaccinated, my kids are vaccinated and my whole family will continue to get vaccinated.

I would lie if I was in power too. I would do what is for the greater good, because that would be my job. Which is exactly why I'm a skeptic, because the job of government is to do what is for the greater good, not what is best for me and my family, that's my job.

What "very good points" does he raise according to do? Of course he has millions of subscribers, Alex Jones had millions also. Conspiracy twaddle sells well, as mentioned, it's now a mini industry.

Every. Single. Time.

"Air travel is safe"

Normal people: "Yup"

"Vaccines are safe"

Anti-vaxxers "HA 13 years ago there was a vaccine with a 1 in 18,000 chance of developing a condition, they aren't safe!!!"

Do you think the Irish government have being telling about the covid vaccine safety?

How much more specific? I've stated my concerns. You specifically said no links, now you want links. This is why this thread is BS, you just keep repeating questions, until people give up, then claim victory, I guess you won this one to, I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,644 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This video got 53 million views, should we start taking advice from him?

I meant no link dumping which is : "read this 96 page document", or "watch this 4 hour video" (which happens a lot here)

You quoted some passage, for which I have no context. It seems to be referring to international institutions (not governments), and appears to be advocating for more non-governmental input, which could be anything; NGO's, charities, research laboratories (nothing wrong with that)

This is why I asked for specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

It's a bit naïve to think Scotland won't follow suit if the rest of the UK has, they relied on NI and Wales for support in measures, even they are looking to exit Covid measures.

CTA has been open all along, I've had no bothers travelling the last 2 years

Oh look, they were planning on vaccine passports to come in now even before the pandemic..

You’d want to be really stupid not to see the benefit of vaccine passports. They’re in use by many countries already to protect their population. Do you think the pandemic was created to implement the vaccine certs?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

oh look, someone doesnt know what a "feasibility study" is :D

what do you think the "union" in European Union means???

Examine the feasibility of developing a common vaccination card/passport for EU citizens that is compatible with electronic immunisation information systems and recognised for use across borders, without duplicating work at national level.

There are none so blind as those who will not see..

“There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know.”

Yeah, you know that the pandemic wasn’t created to implement it, but are so deluded that you choose to ignore it 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There are none so stupid as those who make shït up, to validate their own political bias or personal paranoia or to find common cause with other anti-social oddballs or folk with chips on their shoulder.

You are pitied.

• Advertisement

Nope, the 1600's

These bastards have been planning this for centuries!!

"Consequently, there has also been a need for documents attesting that a person has completed quarantine or is otherwise known not to be infectious. Since the 1600s, various Italian states issued fedi di sanità to exempt their bearers from quarantine.[10]

The International Certificate of Vaccination (Carte Jaune) is a certificate of vaccination and prophylaxis, not immunity. The document has remained largely unchanged since it was adopted by the International Sanitary Convention of 1944.[11] The certificate is most commonly associated with Yellow Fever, but it is also used to track vaccination against other illnesses."

Typical governments taking forever to get things done. At this rate the great reset won’t happen until at least 3419.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I’ve had a vaccine passport for years, you need it to travel to many countries worldwide for diseases such as yellow fever.

Yeah but the yearly trip from whatever small town to Dublin on December 8th never required one, that's why some of these lads are confused 🤷‍♂️🤣

I was in SE Asia in the early 00's when there was a huge Yellow Fever outbreak...

weren't allowed boards a plane without a Yellow Fever vaccination pass, some airports had medical checks on arrival, saw a good few get refused boarding and a few others quarantined on arrival...

Also had the fortunate experience of going through SE Asia just after MERS.... that was a lot of fun

small town mentality, I can't go to the local for a pint, burn down Leinster house

You rightly say that the job of a government is to do what is for the greater good, but I do not see where the rest of your post make no logical sense.

Surely if they have acted for the greater good, then the basis on which they have done so could be clearly seen by anyone other than those that believe a government (or in this case all governments) were involved in a conspiracy of lies.

Scotland to lift most remaining restrictions

Almost as if the restrictions are related to the virus..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

George Soros calling the Scottish government now

• Advertisement

The same Varadkar that said the vaccine cert would be in place for a few weeks only. I think it would be prudent to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

He's talking about masks being a 'seasonal requirement': https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40787958.html

Eh, nope

I know the difference between seasonal and permanent thanks LOLLLLLL

Does he mean they would be mandatory every winter? The problem is that requirement can mean required by law, or that they would be required, but not mandatory, in winter (because of the weather etc).

So are you guys been reduced to claiming that only the covid passport will be permanent for 3 months out of the year for literally no reason?

Weird cause only a few pages ago you were claiming it was all measures going to be completely permanent.

Yeah but when they said ALL they didn't really mean ALL they really meant "all".

What's the bets when the covid certs taper off they'll start telling us that they never said covid certs were permanent?

We've already been told that the travel and gathering restrictions weren't a big deal and were never going to be permanent. How long before they flip to that for certs and masks too.

There will hopefully be a time when conspiracy theorists will be claiming that they never said any restrictions were permanent and they never thought there was a conspiracy behind them.

• Advertisement

@Gortanna it's OK to be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Millions of people around the world coming to this conclusion now. Two years of their lives in the bin. Relationships with family and friends damaged.

I know someone who hasn't been near their parents because the parents are vaccinated and they are afraid of shedding :-D :-D

They have only spoken to them on video calls over the last 10 months.

Before, the parents were shielding, so in total, it's been well over a year they've seen them face to face.... they live 10 mins walk away from each other

Yea, but remember, it's the government trying to make you live in fear so they can control you.

So please continue to ostracize yourself from you friends and family who might cause you to doubt the conspiracies, and keep pledging to those patreons!

speaking of Patreons, I didn't realise the Ivor Cummins **** has a "graded" service of up to €70 a month to listen to him spout his garbage...

He's an absolute crook

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement