Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You must live in a very sheltered world or on another planet if you have never heard of government ministers, congressmen or governors breaking rules on drink driving, driving without insurance, speeding etc. Do you believe that is because all politicians believe road safety rules are pointless and there is no need for them when there are verifiable statistics to show the opposite ?

It`s complete nonsense and anyone saying such rules and regulations are only there to exercise some kind of control over populations as part of a devious plan by politicians worldwide would rightly be called out as a conspiracy nut-job.

The world is not short of people who make fools of themselves when partying or believing individually in every walk of life they are above the rules. To believe that some politicians have broken the rules during this pandemic because politicians worldwide are only using these regulations/recommendations as part of a secret masterplan that nobody knows how or what it is supposed to achieve, or who is supposedly behind it is as idiotic as believing that road safety rules are part of the same masterplan.

You also must have been off planet or living in that sheltered world over the last two years if you believe that now with the very limited rules on mask wearing and vaccine passports they still constitute 99% of all the restrictions that were in place.

I found Phil Hogan a bit of a joke long before pandemic restrictions with him being Enda Kenny`s consigliere. His thrashing around and floundering over water charges and his subsequent appointment as an European Commissioner only adding to the comic farce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Conspiracy theorists rarely if ever challenge other conspiracy theorists here, no matter how contradictory their views are. But personally not sure if I agree with your last point of confronting them directly over it asking them to explain their absence of a reply to another poster, not 100% sure, but I think they can use that as a point of complaint. Usually I just highlight it as a glaring observation.

As for the heartbeats thing and how it could be used in future tech

Normal person response "cool, might be useful"

Conspiracy theorist response "the dystopian government will use it to control/track me"

Never changes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

They would use your observation as a point of complaint too.

At that point it would be whinging about "lumping me in with the silly stuff."

Though Gortanna is doing an excellent job of showing the types of claims that are common in this thread that some posters seem keen to pretend don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

There is a divide in consensus, they had new vaccine technologies that will take a very long time to get approved and even if they did get approved they'd still have to convince people to take them, and they discussed what type of event might break the hesitancy. In other words you have people who want people to take the vaccines, and people who don't want to take them and need to be pushed.

There were 1,131 children in that trial.

I'm not claiming corporations will be involved in the governance of Ireland, I'm saying that is what the WEF advocate for, and suggested we implement. They have advocated for this for a very long time long before Covid, I think since 2008. Its not difficult to find, they have published multiple papers describing stakeholder capitalism and an multi-stakeholder ecosystem where corporations are involved in governance to help with global warming and poverty and a multitude of other things. You look it up. Its on their website.

• Advertisement

Who said it was suspicious? I didn't say it was a conspiracy theory. I just stated a fact. This is part of the problem with this thread, you guys want to turn everything into a conspiracy theory, so that you dismiss it.

My point is that there are people who believed that some good could come from a pandemic that allowed for faster uptake of some vaccines. In other words there were some groups who saw the pandemic as a chance to further their goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Yeah. People that started businesses, people who decided that there is a better life than the rat race, people who now want to work from home, etc are antichrists!

There isn't a divide in expert consensus on whether vaccines are effective and overwhelmingly safe. We've had them for hundreds of years. Vaccine hesitancy is an issue fueled by disinformation, of the likes you produced in this thread.

I know what stakeholder capitalism is, I'm also aware of what's on the WEF website, so I am curious as to why you are concerned about it? This is why I'm asking for specifics.

I’m talking about people taking advantage of the pandemic to further their own goals. Many have.

I’m personally taking advantage of it to ensure that I will work from home in future to further my goal of spending more time with family.

• Advertisement

So you'd have no problem taking Pandemrix then? The "perfectly safe" vaccine from 2009?

Why would I not want corporations having a say in the governance of the Country? Because I don't get to vote for them, so there would unelected individuals having a say in how the country is governed. What would that mean for regulations?, far fewer restrictions on corporations I would imagine. I don't trust most corporations as it is, they only have one motivation, and that's money. Would you want Monsanto having a seat at the table of Irish government?

Is there a check list of topics that anti-vaxxers use? It’s no surprise that Pandemrix got name checked right about now. The list must be in number order.

So it just makes your point ridiculous. Many many people are trying to improve their lot during the pandemic.

Gonna circle back round to "Doctors endorsed smoking" in a bit I bet.

What are the chances of the brain damaging, rushed through trials vaccine, being brought up in a discussion about the current rushed through trials vaccine in the most recent pandemic? Hardly shocking it's number one on the list.

What point is ridiculous? What do you think my point was?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Fair enough: but people reading this could have the impression that you will be walking around being tracked by your heartbeat. This isn't the case. There's an article on the technology here - bear in mind it reports claims from a company trying to sell this product, and even then it talks about 'in good conditions' 'up to 95% accuracy', presumably when you are pointing this big laser-equipped instrument at a single person.

Walking around with your phone is probably a bit more problematic.

Edit: great, I quoted the wrong post and can't change it. Man, this new platform sucks balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

RB talking about microchips being inserted as covid passports... seems crazy..

Are you referring to the anti-vaxxer discussion topic checklist?

• Advertisement

Nothing a bit of tin foil on the chest can't fix

I’m not here to rehash the conversation you are having if you’re not paying attention.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Which of the multiple vaccines would that be happening with? The vaccines have been going into people's arms for close to two years now, and on a massive population wide level for a year. Which vaccine is showing any indication of having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

It seems that there was something like a 1 in 18,000 chance of Pandermix being associated with someone developing Narcolepsy. I'm not sure how dangerous the H1N1 'flu was, but if it killed - say - one person in 10,000, it would still be smart to take the 'deadly' vaccine.

What are the chances of injury due to the pandremix vaccine compared to the doses given?

What are the chances of injury due to the covid vaccines?

What are the chances of injury due to any other medicine?

The issue with pandremix wasn't the number of people effected, it's the fact that those side effects weren't identified properly due to a bunch of factors.

It also kind of shows that you claims don't really bear out.

Why do you believe that the issue with pandemrix was exposed? Was it by armchair virologists on internet forums and twitter? Surely if things are as you say and companies are allowed to just rush out vaccines as they please, then the whole medical establishment wouldn't have exposed them like this?

Could you tell us what are the issues you believe are likely for the covid vaccines?

Which studies are you using to reach this conclusion.

Conspiracy theorists on this thread and forum have claimed that they will cause narcolepsy as well as huge amounts of death and infertility. Several have suggested that the increase in mortality in some places is in fact due to the covid vaccines and this is being covered up.

Ding ding, there's Pandemrix, everyone take a drink. Because I am very familiar with the way this is going:

1. No vaccine is 1000% safe. No one is claiming they are. I specifically previously mentioned that these Covid vaccines have an approx. 5 in a million chance of anaphylactic shock after injection. Like the vast majority of vaccines throughout history, they have been determined to be overwhelmingly safe, the chances of death/injury is determined to be very low, while they are saving countless lives from this virus during a pandemic.
    2. Pandemrix, Gardasil. Out of the entire history of safe vaccines, anti-vaxxers will instantly zone in on any which have had any issues in order to fearmonger about other vaccines or vaccines in general. Pandemrix had something like a 1 in 18,000 chance of narcolepsy, this was later identified.

Anti-vaxxers have many red flags, here are just a few:

Are hysterical about vaccines, dismissive of a virus that has killed millions

Are concerned about the long term effects of vaccines, unconcerned of the long term effects of Covid

Will highlight any isolated issues with vaccines, will ignore the vast majority of vaccines with no issues

WEF comments. Can you please explain how corporations will control the governance of the country. Either be specific, or highlight the exact parts from the WEF which specify this. (No don't ask me to "read the website", I have read it, I want you to point out where you are getting this)

This stuff is from a guy who consumed truckloads of drugs with god knows what in them, but is now suddenly "concerned" what's in medical treatments.

As mentioned the conspiracy nonsense industry is a big one, judging by the views he gets, he's raking it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Dude, he always raises some very good points, and has 6 million subscribers!

Okay, maybe we have different definitions of perfectly safe, because the Government labelled both Pandemrix and the Covid vaccines as "perfectly safe", despite being aware than Pandemrix hadn't finished trials and had caused issues previously, so perfectly safe is probably just something they say when they really want you to take it.

There's a lot of material from the WEF about corporations being involved in governance, but you're trying to put words in my mouth by saying "control governance", that's not unexpected, that's how you guys operate on this thread, so just clarifying.

"When states were the overwhelmingly dominant actors on the world stage and major policy decisions were commonly decided by a limited number of them, progress on international cooperation tended to be measured by the establishment of new intergovernmental legal frameworks and institutions. But the Global Redesign proposals suggest that efforts today to strengthen international cooperation will increasingly need to have a wider focus and apply multiple tools: creating new international law and institutions; upgrading the mandate and capacity of existing international institutions; integrating non-governmental expertise into the formulation of policy frameworks, be they formal (legal) or informal (voluntary or public-private); and integrating nongovernmental resources into policy implementation

The state-based core of the system needs to be adapted to a more complex, bottom-up world in which nongovernmental actors have become a more significant force. But what is also required is a corresponding sense of ownership in the health of the international system by these very non-state stakeholders, which until now have tended, with the notable exception of certain NGOs, to leave such matters entirely to their national governments."

Since we're on the subject I just came across this video from 2 days ago that some people on here might find funny.

https://rumble.com/vsmb1j-dutch-mp-gideon-van-meijeren-confronts-pm-rutte-on-his-connections-w-klaus-.html

• Advertisement

Why would some people, and especially governments not want to see more people availing of vaccines ?

They are a much more inexpensive way of dealing with a health problem than hospitalisation and have proven so over the years. They have also lowered the mortality rates for various diseases since they were first developed. Governments have been encouraging their populations worldwide long before this pandemic to avail of flu vaccines which have shown that they reduce the risks of serious illness or death, so why the conspiracy theories over them now ?

Is it not more the case that rather than most people and governments recognising the value of vaccines, there are some who have always been anti vaccines for a whole hodge podge of often laughable reasons, who have now jumped up on the bandwagon with their loudspeakers hoping to convert more to their anti vaccine nonsense that they have nothing to back up other than whatever idea is rattling around in their heads on that particular day. Nonsense that as soon as it is exposed as such they will then like magpies grab on to the next shiny idea from some media grifting wannabees who like themselves will not answer any questions but bounce on to their next theory like fleas on a hotplate ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement