Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

@Schorpio look at a piece of software called e -channelizer, that will allow you to do exactly as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

the missus went at the remote and now if she presses epg all thats displayed is Irish Radio- how do I get back to original bouquet? I haven't used this box since I set it up last year so any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

With the EPG on screen press the "TV" button on remote just above the red, pressing "RADIO" above the blue switches to radio EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

On the subject of radio . Is there a way force download EPG for radio stations not already loaded with a guide listing

I'm getting similar results to yourself. It seems only some stations broadcast a full EPG, other just now/next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

Got my replacement H7S on Friday - top marks to Virts.ie for customer service!

Been having a fun weekend getting to grips with Enigma - still so much to learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if a BBC1+1 exists and how would you tune it in, the automatic scan doesnt pick it up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭decor58

There is no BBC 1+1, it must be one of the few channels without a +1. I don't know how long before programmes appear on the iplayer, it's not available here in normal circumstance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Bookmark this link on pc for channel data when things move.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭chabsey

No it was on paused TV. On this box can you start watching a program that is recording before it's finished recording? Asking cause I've never tried due to my previous box now allowing this. That might be a way to avoid feeling like it's going to do the annoying jump thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Glad you got sorted.

I just got 2 more of these boxes from Virts at the request of family members - have to agree, quality service. Had them in about 24 hours.

Also, just an FYI for anyone ordering from Virts - the boxes I received had a very old version of OpenATV 6.0 (think it had a build date of 2017). When powered on initially the boxes spat out a very unusual resolution (think it was 576 @ 30 Hz). I had to try it with 2 TVs and a PC monitor before I could see the image. From there I could change to a 1080 resolution and all was well.

My last box (from World of Satellite) had the latest version of OpenATV installed, and I think the latest version of OpenATV either cycles through resolutions, or attempts to automatically detect the appropriate input.

I would email them and ask them why such an outdated image and WOS would ask what image you wanted and would be current on that one.

On first booting up or after flashing it goes through the wizard for setting up the box as nothing is set.

Yep, WOS offer to flash the latest ATV, Vix images etc. for some small charge (£1 iirc). I'm presuming that the software on the boxes from Virts is as it came out of the factory. Flashing a later version is trivial......when you can see what you're doing!!

The setup wizard for the latest versions of ATV don't suffer the same issue. I've set up a number of these boxes by this stage - the 2 from Virts are the first ones I've gotten from a retailer other than WOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

What's involved in installing multiple images on this box? I've OpenATV set up (and backed up) but I'd like to try other images too.

TIA - Peter

Don't have it in front of me now, but in the Software menu there's a option like 'Flash Online/Local'. Select that, and then you'll be presented with the screen to select the image you wish to flash. This can be downloaded directly from the internet, or saved on either the internal hdd or external usb. When you've selected your image, you'll be prompted to select which of the 4 'slots' you wish to flash to.

When you have two or more images flashed to different slots, you can change between them in the Multiboot menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,294 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does anyone know of an extension that will group tv shows in the files list? I have a bunch of shows that I record weekly and they are scattered in order of recording, which is a little bit annoying. It's not the end of the world, but would be useful to know.

If you are using autotimers (series recordings) it is possible to group them into individual folders. If you look at the autotimer section on WEBIF there is an option for "custom location". I'll have to investigate the details as it seems it needs an existing bookmarked folder to offer it as an option.

On my hdd you can have an A - Z listing and all sorted in that group when going through my listings.

Numbers seem to come first like

Abba the movie

Warcraft

All programs going back many years.

You can have newest - oldest and can be scattered all over the place but i like to have all my series ones together.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redoctober

Hi guys,

Finally got my wifi dongle (first one got lost in christmas post!). Using the openwebif is really helpful. Also e-channelizer that was mentioned on here. This is a great programme and I highly recommend. After a bit of clicking and dragging I've finally got a favourites list that works for me. With regard to the organising of folders for recordings I installed the plugin from the website below. This was fairly straightforward and seems to have sorted the files now.

https://www.techkings.org/threads/movie-organisor-plugin-organise-your-series-recordings-into-folders.97690/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Sconsey

My box froze the other night, when I rebooted it seems to have lost all my channels. I did a rescan and only a small number of channels were found. I ended up messing about and making a balls of the whole thing so I did a factory reset, just have OpenATV on it now.

I tried manually scanning, I set the satelite tuner to Astra 28.2 2E/2F/2G, but for some reason it is still only picking up a small number of channels and it is a real mixed bag, it finds Channel4+1, ITV3, Channel5 and about 30 orher random channels...no BBC. Normally a scan would find over a hundred channels if I recall properly.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem or any idea why bix is only picking up a small number of channels from Astra?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Box wont lose channels as they are stored unless overridden and i would suggest not to do a factory reset as it can screw up boxes.

Bouquets can be deceiving thinking nothing there and only seeing favourites on screen.

When you scanned was it a full scan on 28.2 on all transponders or a bouquet scan.

How old is the image on box as in version..

Manual scan is usually on a set tp and frequency only

Automatic scan does the whole sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Don't think it is a bouquets issue, I did not run that bouquets creation tool after the reset. I ran an auto scan on 28.2 need to go back and check transponders, I assumed auto would scan everything. Auto scan is picking up the same few channels as manual scan. The system info says OpenAtv 6.4 with last update 2020.

I notice the reception is poor on most of the channels it can pick up, picture getting pixilated. I wonder could this be an issue with damaged cable? I did check all the connections and they seem fine. The satelite dish has not moved either. I'm stumped.

Check your f connector is good clean and tight as pixelated is a cable issue.

What signal and quality readings are you getting as should be in the 90+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Inviere

Hi all,

Family member wanted a second box for their house, to replace a cheap/basic combo box in the bedroom. Downstairs has a Tiviar Alpha Plus, but they don't seem to be available these days. Was advised to get a H7S instead, so we did.

Bought from Satworld, and they say openvix is flashed onto it. I haven't got to the house yet to set it up, but hope to do so later today. This seems a rather large thread to catch up on, so just wondering if there's a brief "out of the box" few steps someone might be able to summarise for me?

A user on a different thread suggested I can back up the settings only from the Tiviar box, and restore them on the Zgemma...is that safe etc? (not an image backup, just settings).

Im just conscious that there's no pc or laptop to use in the house, except for a chromebook (so echanneliser isn't an option). I have a pc in my house, but no sat/saor connection. So maybe I could do the initial scans in the house with the dish, then bring the box home with me for tweaking?

Any help greatly appreciated

I don't connect to mine using echanneliser at all. When I set mine up I added autobouquetsmaker and auto timers plugins. Followed prompts to set up, then used autobouquetsmaker to set my saorview location and sky location (I use sky ad northern Ireland and select option to swap HD channels). That means my 1 is rte 1, 1101 is bbc1 and so on. Numbers for satellite mirror sky with a 1 in front (eg sky news is 1501).

Works for me.

When you get a virgin box and plug it in the wizard will come up asking you to go through the settings for your location , network etc.

Setting up AutoBouquetMaker is handy as you can scan when box is connected up and setup network ip also.

Will you have an internal hdd or usb for storing epg to which is important.

Cheers @greasepalm, I think it came with a 500gb internal if I'm not mistaken....

Thats good and surprised they used Openvix images as last time they said no .

All my boxes are setup on Openvix and if using other E2 boxes have Samba Utilities running on both to allow you to view other boxes hdd recordings on other tv.

Super thanks for that, I assume those plugins can be added using the box itself, without the need of a laptop etc?

• Advertisement

Advertisement