Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Hello, is this me 😂 Motivation is zero 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭DvB

2 x 1000+ cal gym sessions this weekend... concentrated on core region weights as my elbow is still struggling so will need the physio for definite to get back using the other weights. Lots of cardio for the time being. No damage in terms of weight gain/loss though in the 2weeks I couldn't train so that's a positive.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ah no, try to pop in with a weekly update. Personally I slip the worst when I’m not regularly weighing and if nothing else posting in here gives me that extra incentive to at least hop on the scales. You’ll only get encouragement from us regardless so don’t be a stranger 👍

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Week 1 - 10 : -15.5lbs

week 11: +1lb

Week 12: -2.5lb

Week 13: +0.5lb

week 14: -0.5lb

Work is killing me at the moment. Hence how I missed posting the last 2 weigh ins here. Up half then down a half. Sums up how I’m getting on. This week so far so good. Two days back to back of 600kcals burn gym 45mins classes. My weigh in day is a Saturday now as well so I should be back on Saturday with week 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Jude13

Weighed in this morning at 90.1kg. So here we begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I've been terrible the last couple of weeks. With work, new kitchen, nights out, takeaways and haven't had a much time to do any exercise.

Going to try and have a good November before the dam bursts early December!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I completely forgotten about updating these, 2 weeks ago I was away for a few days last stop before baby hence the gain but thankfully most of that gain went last week. Still only down 1lb from week 11-16 so I need to get my head in the game.

Week 1 - 10 : -15.5lbs

week 11: +1lb

Week 12: -2.5lb

Week 13: +0.5lb

week 14: -0.5lb

Week 15: +2.5lb (babymoon)

Week 16: -2lbs

Only weighed myself yesterday after my week off (& Halloween) and was pleasantly surprised to only be up 0.5lbs despite plenty of Guinness & dinners out coupled with no gym visits in over a week. Will be taking it easy now until we get closer to the Christmas break and getting more exercise in so feeling positive enough with respect to my weight these days... my fitness is still solid too so happy enough, my golfers/tennis elbow is still getting in the way of a lot of work with the weights though which is actually getting very frustrating.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

My day 1 was yesterday, great intentions until it was decided that its Christmas party day. Hanging today and know I will eat badly.

LoughC how was the babymoon? you knocked the weigh off the next week which is impressive.

Ah babymoon was great. Just a few relaxing nights away in a hotel with plenty of food abs wine for me 😂😂

Topped it off with a spa day the day we were checking out.

I imagine a lot of that gain was just bloat from the food and drink. Bloat is easy to get rid of. Plenty of water and exercise.

• Advertisement

Weigh in this morning:

02 Nov: 90.1kg

Week 1: 89.1kg (-1kg /2.2lbs)

The secret? I went on a big day/night last Tuesday and had a terrible stomach ache for days. Turns out my ulcer from earlier this year never completely left and I had really aggregated it. I left it and ended up having a scare after going to the toilet so ended up getting an endoscope to confirm yesterday.

TLDR couldn't eat for a week as there was a pain in my stomach.

Hope all OK. Had something similar after an unexplained trip to A&E with acute stomach pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭tscul32

Hope you've recovered Jude.

I had lost a nice bit and then paused but put nothing on. Then I spent a week in covid isolation and ate loads (much of the wrong thing but what can you say when someone else is feeding you, and you're bored and miserable), but because my body was fighting the virus I still maintained my weight. Of course now that I've recovered, I need to be careful again but the bad habits are back and now I've to break them all over again. Hotel night away with littlest elf tomorrow and McDonalds has been mentioned for dinner, plus nice breakfast next morning along with movies and treats tomorrow night. I am not capable of eating healthily in such situations ☹ I will really enjoy it though😁

So here we are, two posts ago, a week in to November I was hanging on to the 80-90kg range at 89.1kg. Then Christmas arrived.

Week 0: 93.9kg I could cry in to a bowl of stuffing and gravy, then some homemade pudding with custard, a chocolate Santa, some left over white pudding, so cheese and anti-pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm not quite ready to visit the scales yet. Will try wait until the weekend 😬

Weighed in on Saturday and was up 3.5lbs... seeing as I'm eating out if boredom and can't get to the gym or even out of the house I can live with that. As soon as the isolation finishes first stop is the gym.

Same. I’m sad enough as it is. I don’t need another kick to my ever expanding gut.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If you haven't gained weight over Christmas, it can't have been a very good one!

Besides, Loughc, you've just had a baby, so don't be hard on yourself. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I must have forgotten I was trying to trim down 😅 I have plenty of excuses but that’s all they are at the end of the day. Here’s to a trimmer 2022

• Advertisement

The killer thing is the amount of goodies still laying around. Yesterday I started to dial it back, not as tough as last year as it was not pleasant, but sensible, no eating custard while passing the fridge. Baby steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

This is me today...step 1: have a proper breakfast...needed to remind myself that a cup of tea and an after-eight is not a proper breakfast 😋

All joking aside, we have a serious amount of "rubbish" still left in the house...a lot of it not opened, thankfully so can stay hidden in the Christmas press! I'm going to do dry January...not that I'm a big drinker, but we did have a good bit of wine over the Christmas...& we've started our 100 hours outdoors again, it really kept us going last Jan & the kids got into it in a big way!

I haver wayyyyy too many treats left in the Christmas press. If I can stick to just having a little something after my dinner as opposed to mindlessly snacking on demand I'll be happy enough. Drinking lots of water today is so far helping me stay on the straight and narrow.

Also need to up the water...I've just filled up a pint glass of water...aiming to get it drunk by lunchtime!

We moved office so I am scoping out the gyms in the area, I am a member of a chain of gyms here. I went at lunch time as a recon for pre work gym sessions. Good the thought of being up at 5am voluntarily.

I missed after eights at Christmas. We have loads of lovely chesses and crisps, drool. I have fired up my excel al ah last year and doing daily weight ins.

Starting weight this morning 90kg! Seems I've put on a bit!!!!

Was young lads birthday yesterday so last day of treats. Back to the serious grid today, which coninsides with returning to work. Still in isolation however no excuse. OH going to do first proper shop in ages (she is post COVID so allowed out) so lots of healthy food.

Was sick as a dog last and ate like a horse so I am some kind of animal. Frist jog in months after an MRI. Not looking forward to a weigh in this week.

2 massive wake up calls on saturday at the GAA coaching course I was doing on Saturday, the first was that despite covid seeming to be outwardly little more than a mild cold it had done more than that to my lungs, after the first demo drill which lasted 2 minutes I simply couldnt get enough air into my lungs and felt light headed.... ended up settling down & feeling reasonably okay but that was a shock, even at my least level fitness wise that hs never happened me. The other was the fact someone stuffed a bag of flour down the front of my tracksuit judging by the extend and mass of the wobble I experienced in the gut department when sprinting!!!

Definitely time to get my act together & accept that christmas (& the associated eating) is over for 11 montsh & I need to get back to healthy eating.

Weight is only up 3.5 lbs from pre christmas but its way more than that I need to address.

I too stepped on the scales last night...wasn't as bad as I had anticipated but still not great. I really just need to cut out the bad eating habits that have taken hold over the last year or so. I'm going to try not fixate on the weight so much as how my clothes feel. I've spent far too much of my adult life fixated on how much I weigh & allowed it to dictate my self worth so I'm trying not to go into that downward spiral again!

• Advertisement

OH was/is the same. She would always have been reasonably fit and in the last week (was COVID free from the 30/12) even running up the stairs has left her feeling a little short of breath. Hopefully for both you and her it wouldn't last too long and you get to normal sooner rather than later.

Fell off the wagon a little over the weekend and had a few treats however over all much better then over the Christmas/New Years.

Going to try and get out for a walk at lunch time if the drizzly rain clears.

Advertisement