Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Comments

Weighed in again today after a couple of weeks of being not so good

101.2kg - Relieved I didn't go up, but annoyed at my lack of discipline.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gym is re-opening tomorrow just in time for my 2nd PT session, not too excited about my Weigh In as I only got to one gym class before the gym closed. I lost motivated on thw weekend and the weather did not inspire any outdoor exercising....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Oh for the love of sweet baby Jesus! Not only do I have a night out at the weekend it’s Fat Thursday tomorrow and Pancake Tuesday next week before my weigh in on Wednesday morning 😩🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's a thing... well for me it is, weighs ins are Thursday so I tend to splurge a bit more. Speaking of WI no WI this morning as the gym was closed from Sat-Wed so i wasn't able to maximimse the chance to lose weight, hopefully next week will yield good results.

Session this morning was tough and it was no easy feat heading to the gym in that cold this morning but feeling all the better for it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pigtail33

It's a Polish thing, maybe all over Eastern Europe. Kinda their equivalent of pancake Tuesday, but they eat a doughnut style pastry instead. I used to work with a lot of Polish people and one guy would always leave some of the doughnuts in the canteen on Fat Thursday.

Thanks. Learning lots of new things these days.

The Polish equivalent of Pancake Tuesday I think. I’ve worked with Polish people for years so I get in on the action. Loads of shops will have their filled doughnuts today. I popped into my local Polish shop even though I haven’t a word 😅

• Advertisement

Or the very right thread.... 🤤

2nd PT session done yesterday and 2nd gym class done this morning, another class booked for tomorrow, excited to have a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I started swimming yesterday. Going to try to go once a week, both for fitness & also to help my asthma to get back under control. I'm not the world's strongest or fastest swimmer, but managed 17 lengths in just under 20 minutes. Had to stop at the either end of the pool each time to catch my breath but I'm happy as I didn't think I'd manage much more than 10 tbh.

Week 1: -6.2lbs

Week 2: -3.8lbs

Week 3: +3.0lbs

Week 4: -6.6lbs

Week 5: +3.4lbs

Week 6: +1.6lbs

For the week that was in it I’m not surprised, back to it next week hopefully

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Weighed myself last night for the first time in a couple of months. Ouch! I'm going to give up All Nice Things for lent. 🙈

Or you could give up weighting yourself 😂

Only jking, have lapsed myself over the last while so need to get back on track and cut out the snacks.

Week 1: -2lbs

I would say I'm disappointed but after the false start 2 weeks ago when the gym got flooded and closed I went back to bad habits. Deffo back on track more the last week, still a few things I need to tighten up on calories wise I working on it though.

First full week back of classes in the bag as well and I noticed a slight improvement this morning after struggling all week in classes.

Week 2: Stayed the Same.

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm still struggling with the diet side of things, exercise is not a problem, going to the gym 5 days a week. I need to tighten up on things.

Bit the bullet & weighed myself over the weekend. Probably the heaviest I've even been & I knew it before I stood on the scales - have been sticking the head in the sand for longer than is acceptable. So here I am today on Day 1! Honestly I think I just need to get back to eating three proper meals & cutting out having a biscuit (or two) every time I have a cup of tea. Going to switch to Peppermint Tea as I find I don't want biscuits when I have that.

Have also booked an appointment with a Healthcoach through my Health Insurance so hoping to get some tips from that.

Week 1: - 2lbs

Week 2: STS

Week 3: - 1lb

Week 4: +3lbs

So I weighed in yesterday morning with the PT as I was up all 3 lbs I had lost haha. The result of being off work for 6 days. He has given me the target of losing 3 for next week yikes.

Downloaded MyFitnessPal this morning to start tracking my food intake & have signed up to a Back to Basics fitness class tonight - my first class since 2021! Pray for me 😋

• Advertisement

Meant to post in here at the weekend but ended up being chocka for the whole w/e...

Weighed myself on Saturday for the first time in a while & was down 3lbs... no idea how mind as I've been to the gym the sum total of zero in the last few weeks and haven't exactly been watching the treat intake either... really need to start getting my act together on the both the exercise & diet fronts though, its been shocking since the end of Jan and my fitness levels are way down which is the bit that irks me most.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Am down a good bit thanks to a few COVID days in bed and not eating much. No energy at the minute so exercising is not really on the cards. Will most likely put it all back on once the appetite comes back!

Take it handy TRS - I found my energy levels totally decimated after it, still not 100% to be honest, literally dragging myself out of bed every morning!

Went to my gym class last night & holy cow, my legs are in bits & the worst part is knowing that tomorrow, they will be 100% worse 😱 But I was really happy that I managed to keep up for the most part!

Funnily enough since having covid i've noticed my energy levels are reduced considerably. I've still been taking the 4 training session pw with the kids but have noticed in the evenings I'm absolutely shattered & have been going to bed (or falling asleep on the sofa) earlier than I ever would have previously. I know I haven't had any real 'zip' in terms of exercising outside of the kids training sessions so I'm wondering now would that be covid related moreso than simply not keeping up with my own training... I generally feel tired to shattered throughout the day & feel like I could have a doze at any point if I just closed my eyes. Am pushing through as work is mental but maybe theres more to it than just a lack of exercise.

In fairness it does sound like side effects of long term COVID.

Have spoken to a few people in work and outside over the last few days and over half have said they are still feeling the effects months after. Guess it's still too soon for me to know if I'll have any long term effects.

It is horrid alright. I'm not so bad during the day but as DVB says, in the evening, I'm more tired than I used to be & getting out of bed in the morning is pure torture. Regardless of whether I've had a good nights sleep or not, every morning, I feel like I could roll over and sleep for another 8 hours. It's very frustrating as I'd consider myself a morning person, I used to be up with the larks, not a bother on me!

Can relate to this CL. I would be a morning person as well and was always able to get up no problem. It's a struggle now which is very frustrating.

I got my bloods done yesterday & noticed that she put the CRP test down. I'll be interested to see what that is...it should be below 5 in a healthy person & I know a few years ago after I had had the flu (real flu, not a cold 😋), I was feeling the way I do now, shattered. I got the bloods done & the CRP was something crazy like 50...just shows you how these things can linger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Finally started properly watching diet and upping my exercise (slightly). 2 weeks and down 7lbs. I know that just the initial shock to my system but if I could do 2lbs a week I'd be delighted. Just have to stay away from Easter eggs.

Advertisement