Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Oops sorry got my days mixed up with my dates.

Antigens delivered on Wednesday and back to normal deliveries on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I agree with your sentiments, but his inability to carry it does not make him lazy. Take it up with his manager. The postie probably does not have an altenative notice he can leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Yes, the attempted delivery docket would be all they have. So it sounds like the postman was doing his best to notify that the package was available for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

He should have brought it or the van guy should have brought it. To pretend that he attempted delivery is not on....

He is lazy. On a regular basis he skips houses and leaves all the post for two houses in one of their letter boxes.....he basically gets our neighbours to deliver each others post. This way he cuts down on the number of driveways that he has to walk each day....

• Advertisement

Looks like in Cork they are not only delivering the HSE kits today but also the rest.

Just got notifications that other parcels of mine are out for delivery.

A very stressed AnPost person delivered my parcels indeed this morning.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not sure if this is a new one, tracking says there are customs charges and we’ve sent details t to you. I’ve not gotten a text or mail or post and can’t pay they without the reference number. Anyone has this issue”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Someone had it a couple of pages back, I think.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Cheers, the my deliveries tip worked for me, registered for it, didn’t show package, but tracked it, put my email as notification email, then it came up as my package and let me pay the customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Had 2 packages sent to me from the UK on December 23rd, at the same time. One showed up today, not bad considering it was Christmas and new years so operating hours weren't normal. Now I'm wondering where's the other package, they were both sent at the same time, and only standard shipping so no tracking. I'm hoping I'm lucky and it arrives tomorrow or next few days!. Anyone have experience recently with UK to Ireland packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Howdy folks, tried to post this in the Couriers subforum but it seems to be locked for user-thread posting (or else I got banned from it years ago for some bizarre reason that I've totally forgotten about!) so hope it's ok to post here instead!

Simple enough question, is it normal for post to remain in the sorting centre after having been sorted for six days? Obviously bearing in mind that Monday was a bank holiday so it's only been three working days and today being the fourth - I ask since the tracking page actually estimated that delivery would take place on December 31st after the package apparently arrived in the sorting centre the night before (2AM).

Here's the list of tracking so far, which is in reverse order. Should I be worried that there's been an issue here, or is this normal for the time of year etc? Again, it's not so much the time that's concerning me as much as the (a) estimated date of delivery being last Friday, and (b) the fact that it was apparently sorted in Dublin 12 but hasn't apparently moved at all since then, I'm out in Dun Laoghaire so I know it generally goes to another sorting office here (I think Glenageary) before finally being sent out for delivery. Seems an odd one.

1. Dec 31, 2021
    2. 2:43am
    3. Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    4. DUBLIN 12
    5. Dec 30, 2021
    6. 11:06pm
    7. Your delivery has been sorted ATHLONE MAIL CENTRE, CO WESTMEATH
    8. WESTMEATH
    9. Dec 30, 2021
    10. 5:30pm
    11. Your delivery has been sorted LIFFORD D.S.U., CO DONEGAL
    12. DONEGAL
    13. Dec 30, 2021
    14. 10:47am
    15. Your post was accepted in NEWTOWNCUNNINGHAM, CO DONEGAL
    16. DONEGAL
    17. Dec 30, 2021
    18. 11:52am
    19. Tracking number provided

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I purchased an item online from the UK that the An Post tracker says arrived in Dublin on Dec 15th. There are various scans saying 'we have your delivery' and your delivery has been sorted, up to Dec 29th - but there has been no delivery attempt as yet.

I have just called to the local sorting office and I showed them the tracking details. I have been told that the package is in a shipping container that is being held in the Greenogue Industrial estate. Apparently the usual reason for a whole container being held is that there is a customs/duty issue with at least one of the shipments inside it. An Post could offer no further information and had no idea as to when/how the situation might be resolved.

Any advice on what I should do next? I am going to contact the UK supplier and let them know that I have not received delivery, but is there anything I can do to obtain delivery?

Short answer?

no there’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭VG31

It's not just you I can't start a new thread either. It might be a deliberate thing to stop people starting new threads and use the existing ones for each courier instead.

I returned something to Amazon with An Post on 20 December. There were no updates until 28 December when it was sorted in the Dublin Mail Centre and it was only delivered yesterday. They may not prioritise Amazon returns but that was still very slow all the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD - I've done nothing to stop anyone opening now threads, but its a nice idea, VG31😁

Can yourself and Ger Roe tell me what happens when you try to start a new thread? Do you see the "New discussion" button in the top right?

Thanks

WR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭VG31

Yeah I guess the site being weird was always more likely! The new discussion button is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

Are there details in the post? I'm waiting on important post. It's a national delivery so shouldn't take too long. I'm anxious that it may not get to me on time. Its medical related but its not the antigen tests. It was supposed to be sent out on Friday which was New Years Eve. I know Monday was a Bank Holiday. Hopefully it will get to me tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

MOD - Do not cross post and open new threads on the same topic please. I have merged the other thread into this one.

Post edited by whiterebel on

Just wondering if there are any delays in An Post? If anyone else is experiencing a delay. I know Monday was a Bank Holiday. I'm waiting on mail that was supposed to be sent last week. It's a national delivery and that's usually quick in my experience. It's usually the next day or 2 days.

I had 2 national deliveries posted to me this week and they are delivered already.

I'm anxious because it's mail from the hospital and I need it before next week. I got a cancellation appointment last week for next week. I need the details like hospital unit and where I am supposed to go to. The mail has a prescription as well for bowel prep.

I do need the mail. I don't want to get it at the last minute and then trying to fulfil a prescription on limited time, just in case my local chemist doesn't have the medicine that is prescribed to me. I will need to go to another chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Business item postmarked 22/12/21 arrived 05/01/22.

Edit : meant to add that was from Limerick to Cork.

Post edited by Stratvs on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've not had a single delivery since 22nd December, rural Laois and waiting for item's. I heard locally 2 postman out due to covid.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Hey all,

Just wanted to give an update on my end for an item shipped from the US on Dec 1st via USPS (quite a large box)

Last update

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on December 18, 2021 at 1:28 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Confirmation from AnPost and from Customs (via email) that they do not have it in any sorting office.

I have seen numerous posts stating similar tracking updates means that it was scanned in the US before being handed over to the airline and then it does not scan when it arrives here.

I will update when it does arrive so anyone else with the same issue will have a rough timeline based on mine for Dec 2021 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

DPD, UPS and anPost have all informed us of localised delays due to Covid Absences. You'd almost think some staff were becoming close contacts on purpose in order to have a few days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,727 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Posted in the Uk on 20/12/21, arrived here 5/1/22.

I had an order dispatch yesterday from Cork and it was delivered to Galway today. So that's a national delivery in a day. That's with an post.

The hospital was supposed to send me a pack last Thursday but I'm still waiting for it. I'm getting nervous now because that's a national delivery and within my own county and all. Galway to Galway and I'm still waiting.

Fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow.

I'd say the postmen are run off their feet delivering packs of antigen tests.

Seems anpost have given priority to delivering the free antigen tests from the hse who are doling them out like confetti at a wedding.

Add in absenteeism and anpost are stick two fingers up at their regular customers.

Could the hse not do a simple online ticket system and you bring the ticket to a local pharmacy. Or is that too clever an idea?

But expect 5-7 day delays on a parcel getting from a to b.

2nd package from UK still hasn't arrived, makes me think it's not going to, and I don't even know for sure because unfortunately it doesn't have tracking 😭 although it could still show up.

locally sent packages from 30th Dec have not been delivered. I believe it is utterly chaotic in the parcel hubs with key staff out sick and people not knowing what to do.

We've been told that a senior team will be there all weekend to try and clear the backlog.

I know our dispatch manager is suggesting we look at alternatives as service this last quarter from anpost has been worse than 2020. We'd be dispatching about 2000 - 3000 parcels a week. We've had to have one person full time to monitor and reply to irate customers since Wednesday and we've to do the same all weekend. All costs money

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Latest UK purchase (paid on 30.12) delivered today. Surprised AnPost running their service on Saturdays in rural Ireland.

• Advertisement

Got customs notice for 2nd package, or at least I think it's for that package. So I am charged about 30€ in VAT, however there's 0.00€ in an post handling fees? Like usually it's 3.50€ but now it says 0.00€, anyone else get that? Strange I thought they had to charge a handling fee.

Advertisement