Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

PSU was an absolute beast, but I expect there was a beast living in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

yoshiktk wrote: »
    197ffed1d81f87b5d7a0d21e27c789d7.gif

wow, what a rats nest. looks like it sold for 450euro

i cannot believe this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

If you look at the buyer it's a fellow nerd - he's quite a collection for sale actually. That'll be broken down, hopefully thoroughly cleaned and either sold on or used in a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If you look at the buyer it's a fellow nerd - he's quite a collection for sale actually. That'll be broken down, hopefully thoroughly cleaned and either sold on or used in a new build.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was made into a mining rig or something like that. Given the case size, 5 PCIe slots on the mobo and a 6 core processor, 1600w power supply and a rake of fans, I'd say that's what it was used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Is this thread retired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd say the inactivity is down to a lack of bargains these days!

The discussion of I mean... Is it now okay to discuss in the bargain alert thread. Would make much sense if there is less activity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The whole website is down on traffic since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

True enough but boards.ie changes has lowered the user base of the website. All the website not just building and upgrading section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wrong thread or is there meant to be a question? 😵

Very very cheap for even a HEC-made unit - that thing is LLC and gets pretty close to 90% efficiency at optimum (40-60%) load.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Homelander

Amazon randomly drop prices on PSU's at times, I've seen a weird trend a few times.

At one point recently I got an Aerocool 600W Modular PSU for £24.99 marked down from £44.99, still in the wardrobe as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I have a Corsair HX520W modular power supply free to take away if anyone wants it?

Cherrywood LUAS stop (Tullyvale)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Be very wary of SSD offers that look too good to be true on Amazon - a lot of the cheapo Crucial and WD models were bait-and-switched for (officially sanctioned) knockoff DRAMless QLC parts that can reach read speeds of a whopping 40MB/s and have a very short operational lifespan before the memory melts. Crucial even uses an unchanged part number for its knockoffs which caused quite a lot of anger earlier this year and as a result people won't touch several of their product lines with a bargepole - which is why Amazon has such an awful lot of bootleg SSDs its dying to offload...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Peperidge farm remembers when the BA thread had multiple pages for Black Friday and cyber Monday.

sad times lately

Saw on the Samsung site there Monday the M70A was ~€280 and free delivery, should have held out and got it there 🙄 doh!

Anyway received mine there yesterday from amazon.de. Picture is fine as far as the worry with the gradient issue is concerned. However the colours this monitor produces just seem inaccurate. Where you do have accurate colours the screen itself just seems dull with a brownish/grey sort of tint - can either look dull or washed out. The settings are really finicky must look into it more, spoilt with the previous monitor the picture modes are not at all what I expected coming from a previous Samsung monitor. Literally no bezel on it and being the same size of the previous monitor meant it integrated perfectly with very little messing about with the mount. I like the monitor but it is not without faults from an OS standpoint.

The remote is nice to use but it uses AA batteries which makes it feel heavier than it could be. Where it is lacking is in the settings: the backlight (now called brightness - brightness now called shadow detail on Samsung Tizen OS) can't be lowered to a level where it doesn't wake you up from slumber, especially when you look at Netflix at night as their menus seem to ignore your backlight settings and can wake you up. You can however turn the picture off but it is buried in the menus, there is also an Ambient light setting which turns the brightness down automatically but this too is only available on certain picture modes and its threshold can't be lowered to a point where you can barely see the picture, energy saving mode seems to do the same thing lowers the backlight based on ambient light. In a dark room and while dozing off this really is a must have feature - wish there was a way to set a timer for the automatic dimming and the threshold could be lowered to a point of no picture for this use case (1 hour - go from current brightness to lowest). I just wish there was a way to set quick access buttons on the remote and remap some of the limited buttons also. Voice control doesn't interest me - nor does remote pc connection, office 365 cloud, or samsung dex. Netflix, Prime Video and the odd YouTube will do the job. There is too much menu diving getting to settings and to make matters worse there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way for the "smart monitor" to remember what source has what backlight or settings, they keep resetting after you turn to a different source/app - the settings do not hold on different picture modes and the different picture modes are not available on all sources. The OS is however open source so I'll be looking into that, see if it can be flashed.

Happy enough with it other than these small issues. There is also built in stations (Samsung+) none of which are any good. It connects seamlessly with a Bluetooth audio device and the volume can be controlled from the remote which is great. It was good value for what it does do, which is a lot but it falls a little short of what it could be. I don't think I could recommend it for gaming or photo editing but great for the average user, somewhat affordable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It just looks like an overpriced VA-panel 4K monitor to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Hi experts,

I want a 27 inch screen, for general use. Long hours at times so like height adjustable. Will use with smaller second screen sometimes.

Any really good sale offers at the moment?

My other half has retrieved her Dell P2720DC from me. It was fantastic but probably overkill for what I need.

Cheers,

😎

I have the 32 inch version of this, keep an eye on it

Samsung Odyssey G5 LC27G55TQWRXXU 27" 1000R Curved Gaming Monitor - 144Hz, 1ms, 1440p QHD, Freesync Premium, HDR10, HDMI, Displayport https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08WWJGVVZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_WFZNPX8KTVQPZB67F8MQ

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Hey guys.

How much is a second hand 1660s worth. With proof of working

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Depends on if you're selling to a friend, or a stranger/miner.

Because the latter will pay you double BUT you know that GPU is never being used to game again.

Thanks but I still don't any value for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

If your selling on adverts you can search for previous sold listings which will give you a steer. Will have to click into each listing to see what it sold for as asking price doesn't often reflect the selling price

https://touch.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/desktop-hardware/graphics-cards/499/q_1660+Super/status_sold/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

that doesn’t have height adjustable does it? Maybe I don’t need that? I find with adjustable table and adjustable screen I am usually always comfortable even after long hours

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

To the MVP Titan Germ that posted the H1 discount I had this on my "when I build my new pc I'm using this" list for 2 years!

I sold my brother my old pc and haven't had it since the beginning of the pandemic so this has me mad excited! Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

In regards to the H1 case posted in the bargains section, I'd say they are selling them off cheap because of the fire risk the riser had and no one wants to buy them anymore. Cutting their losses.

If anyone buys it, make sure its updated with the latest riser.

Advertisement