Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

Skerries wrote: »
    tempted by this but don't know if I need it
    does it make a difference?
    I used to have a soundcard in my first PC build but that died years ago and have not noticed much difference than using onboard on modern mobo's

Personally speaking, it does make a difference if you have a decent set of headphones to go along with it. If you're the type of person who is fine listening to music, etc with a phones included earbuds then i'd say it's not for you.

Trying not to sound like an audio snob here. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

On one of our older PC had an OEM Xfi and Windows 10 stopped working with it. I got a creative USB basic sound card for it for games and video chat and even on our € 50 gaming headsets it's noticeably better sound.

That said I'm bit picky about sound within my lowfi budget.

I just find that all external sound cards just make cheaper headphones louder and don't really add to their fidelity.

I just find that all external sound cards just make cheaper headphones louder and don't really add to their fidelity.

Maybe so.

I just noticed it was better SQ also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have a pair of Cloud II's so would they improve those?

• Advertisement

I have a pair of Cloud II's so would they improve those?

It should do. I was talking more the cheap Chinese knock off stuff you get on Amazon and the likes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

put an f1 engine in a fiat punto and it ain't winning monaco either

mossym wrote: »
    put a f1 engine in a fiat punto and it ain't winning monaco either

Yes but great sound...

https://youtu.be/GIvNLHgqS4k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

mossym wrote: »
    put an f1 engine in a fiat punto and it ain't winning monaco either

Depends how high up you qualify it, very hard to overtake in Monaco:)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

i didnt see the price of this deal but ive gone from "gamer brand" hardware to a schiit fulla 3 and the difference has been unreal. went from xonar sound card to this and there is no comparison. i have also used creative sound cards in the past too but thats going back a good while so not really comparable.

i use entry level audiophile headphones with the sennheiser hd58X's which really benefitted greatly from the DAC. Not a bargain alert admittedly but something else to consider perhaps?

• Advertisement

really! it's called the Fulla Schiit?

https://www.schiit-europe.com/

They are a good make but i feel that you're paying for the name really. Lots of other good makers out there that are just as good and a bit cheaper.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm waiting for them to release the Steaming Pile of Schiit.

I'm waiting for them to release the Steaming Pile of Schiit.

Well, when you buy the Amp and DAC separately it's known as the Schiit Stack in Audiophile circles.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well, when you buy the Amp and DAC separately it's known as the Schiit Stack in Audiophile circles.

missed a trick by not calling one of them a ****.

https://www.schiit-europe.com/

They are a good make but i feel that you're paying for the name really. Lots of other good makers out there that are just as good and a bit cheaper.

perhaps but i cant speak highly enough of the fulla. its a really good all rounder and defo boosts my headset a hell of alot. I did a good bit of research on it at the time and they seemed to be fairly top notch for the price.

Oh yeah, they are quality but come at a bit of a premium. Audio products can really get you going down a rabbit hole if you're not careful.
    I'm guilty of it in the past but try and behave these days. :D

Oh yeah, they are quality but come at a bit of a premium. Audio products can really get you going down a rabbit hole if you're not careful.
    I'm guilty of it in the past but try and behave these days. :D

100%.... it really is. and the cost can get astronomical if you let it. but for around the 100 mark i couldnt argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

My bstock g6 arrived today Only ordered it Wednesday morning, will get it up and running this evening. Next either a good set of headphones to use it with or more GB for the pc hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

My bstock g6 arrived today Only ordered it Wednesday morning, will get it up and running this evening. Next either a good set of headphones to use it with or more GB for the pc hmmmm

Nice one. I was tempted myself. What's the B-Stock condition like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

amadablam wrote: »
    Nice one. I was tempted myself. What's the B-Stock condition like?

Honestly looks perfect no scuffs or marks the box is a small bit but nothing beyond what would happen to stock in general, has a sticker on the box saying bstock like new.
    I'm happy I got it played a game or 2 that I'm familiar with the sound and noticed an improvement over the onboard sound straight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The headphone amp on the G6 is pretty good. It'll drive pretty much anything. Being able to use it with some of the consoles is a bonus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Honestly looks perfect no scuffs or marks the box is a small bit but nothing beyond what would happen to stock in general, has a sticker on the box saying bstock like new.
    I'm happy I got it played a game or 2 that I'm familiar with the sound and noticed an improvement over the onboard sound straight off.

I got mine this morning, in game sound is noticeably better alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got my G6 today - immaculate, have the headphones at the front, speaker amp plugged in at the back, nice toggle between both. Looking forward to blasting it later!

got mine as well today
    noticeable difference on the PC but not on the PS4, might try other games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

New LG arrived, what in the actual **** are they thinking regarding the VESA mount accessibility, I had to get the grinder out and shave a few mm off my mounting arm plate to make it fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah,had a monitor arm in my amazon basket till I i saw the issue with the mount:(

At a guess I'd say I had to grind off less than 2mm, what year do they think they are in.

Ughhh. That doesn't sound ideal. I mount my monitors on an arm and would not be happy about that at all.

• Advertisement

I'd also guess that a lot of poeple wouldn't even have a tool to grind steel in the first place! You could honestly go ahead and use a hand file to shave off the tiny amount needed but this is something that shouldn't be required.

Advertisement