Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Where are all the postmen? Did they all catch Covid or are they on strike? I haven't seen one here doing the rounds this week and didn't see one last week either. No-one is getting their mail. The last time I saw their van here was around 9th or 10th December. I've got a parcel stuck in Dublin mail centre since last Thursday and I'm starting to think it will never come. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Storm last week combined with Xmas is all I can think of for delays. Have seen our lads doing the rounds regularly my way though.

I sent a small package last Wednesday to another address within Dublin and they only received yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

Express post handed in to post office Monday , tracking still sez your post was accepted in , I was hoping this would be quick after going for express option , didn’t even make it to the Dublin hub for sorting yet , not looking good if I say so , I thought post offices are meant to be cleared every day for next day , any help anyone , cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

I sent express last thursday, got there Monday, so one day delay. I'd say it's just delayed, keep an eye on it if it doesn't arrive you can lodge a complaint/enquiry

Cheers thanks for that , time of year and all that so delays are expected, just never had a parcel stay in accepted on tracker overnight before , that usually happens in the the Dublin hub 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I ordered an item from Bulgaria, and its tracking is stuck at

"We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12" for four days now.

Does that mean I have to go an collect it from DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12?

Its a bit out of the way.

"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭easygoing39

A parcel was posted from England to me on October the 13th.This parcel is a big size,4 feet long by about 18 inches wide.Sent thru Parcelforce.It does'nt arrive into Ireland till 5th November,which is a long time to just get across the Irish sea.Anyway,it's somewhere in the "Irish Postal System" according to Parcelforce.I've paid the taxes/customs duty etc during the checkout on Ebay,and the sender has filled the correct CN23 customs form .

Still no sign of the parcel.In fairness to the sender,they've been in regular contact with me and Parcelforce to see where it is.Latest step is a courier/postman is going to call to my house and get me to sign a form saying it has'nt arrived,then the sender will start the insurance ball rolling to get the money back.Bloody annoying altogether.

Tracking still not updated , so at this stage I’m not thinking delayed anymore , I’m thinking misplaced or stolen 🤦🤦😩 have lodged a form for lost parcel so see how that goes

At least not all hope is lost - my parcel arrived and it only took a week from Dublin mail centre to reach me in the greater Dublin area! So... massive delays because of the sheer volume of mail but they're trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Its all very hit and miss. For example. An item I ordered from Zavvi sat in limbo for over 10 days until I received it. I also ordered a 7 or 8 blu-rays from Korea, it got to dublin, I paid a couple of quid import tax and i had it in hand in less than 48 hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jwmpayne2004

Hello Lads,

I have a package from addresspal NJ, I paid customs and was waiting to be delivered today. It had arrived in my town this morning and was out for delivery around 8:11, then it was marked as delivered around 15:00. I have a ring camera and theres was nothing that was delivered. I asked my local postman and he confirmed there was nothing for me this morning. I know him and trusted my local postman. He will brought this up to his mail manager tomorrow morning. Has any of you experience this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jwmpayne2004

Just an update, all sorted now. My postman misdelivered it to a lady 3 miles from me. They traced with the delivery time stamp.

Is there a problem with outgoing mail in Galway? I was sent a parcel on Friday and it still isn't showing in the An Post tracking. I trust the sender put it in the mail on Friday so it isn't a case of lying on a table somewhere waiting for someone to take the parcels to the post office today afternoon. Maybe it will simply arrive without ever showing in the tracking but just wondering if I should alert the sender or wait. It was supposed to be here before Christmas but not sure now. Usually post from Galway to Dublin gets here in a day if lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 saraaaah95

Are there delays from Wicklow to Dublin? Sent two large letters to Dublin to customers a week ago and neither have received them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I have registered myself to the "My Deliveries" service from AnPost and now I can see all my parcels online (if the sender has provided Anpost with either my e-mail or phone number)

I already usually got a notification via text and e-mail about upcoming deliveries, but this also allows paying of custom charges from a single hub rather than waiting for the individual notification.

I also can see the parcels I got over the last 4 month but funny enough, none of the Amazon parcels are visible, just the other

And it also allows to re-direct in advance of the delivery once it hits the system, nice function if you require the parcel to go somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

That's a very good new feature. Make sure you verify your phone number also as more deliveries appeared once I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is there anything An Post can do to stop the delivery of a package if there is no tracking number?

I guessing there isn’t but hoping there is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Our postman is a lazy knut.....his MO is to drop a note in our letter box pretending that he couldn't deliver a parcel at our address. We are in the house and the doorbell never rings. We are asked to call to our local sorting office and collect the parcel that he says he couldn't deliver......The thing is, he never brought the parcel with him in the first place....to heavy or troublesome, so he leaves it in the sorting office.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

My postman comes on a bicycle. if a parcel or package is to big, or his load for that morning is to big, I get the same note. However, I understand what's happening. I don't call him lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's sort of his job to ensure he's able to deliver (or attempt to deliver) post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

There is a limit to what you can carry on a bicycle. It would not be the postmans fault. The sorting office should send out a supplementary van with larger stuff. My postman comes around 8.30ish. Anything bigger comes in a van about 11am ish. You cannot seriously tell me the postman is at fault for not having the capacity to carry larger stuff or stuff he has not space for?

On a side note, whenever my postman is off, the backup person, on a couple of occasions, delivers my stuff to the wrong place. I took it up with the manager in the sorting office. Hasnt happened since. Maybe you should consider the same.

If anyone has the answer I would really appreciate knowing whether or not An Post can locate a parcel without a tracking number and send it back.

I’m assuming if they know where it was posted from and it’s destination that they know it’s route their system - but have they a way to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Not in my experience, they lost a package with a DHL label containing a €500 product. Service and follow up was shambolic, MOD <snip>.

Post edited by whiterebel on

Why did An Post have a package that was supposed to be with DHL ?

I appreciate the response but clearly you were unlucky with the support agents since they couldn’t find a tracked package - this wouldn’t be the case normally since I known that An Post internal system can locate an item to where it is in a depot.

What I was hoping to find out is whether or not it is even possible for them (the good employees) to find an untracked item.

A delivery needs to be stopped. And for reasons not necessary to post asking someone at the destination to refuse to accept it isn’t an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

An Post post office was listed online as a Parcel Point drop off for DHL. Confirmed with lady in Post Office on the day, it wasn’t tracked as they couldn’t scan it & that was the last of it. In my my comms with them the “good people’ have said they can’t find (track) an untracked item. IMHO won’t get anywhere with your efforts to halt the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

No they can't.

They literally will have tens of thousands of untracked items every day.

Thousands going to each delivery office.

Up to 100 and more in an individual delivery vans.

And on top of that there is no proof that you sent that parcel.

So no possibility whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

But his note says that there was an attempt at delivery that failed....not that there is a parcel in the sorting office awaiting collection. If the parcel is too big then give it to the van driver that delivers parcels....the person who sent it paid for delivery, not collection.

When do An Post resume deliveries?

I phoned the customer service number to find out. I thought they would have an automated message with details but it only says post offices and the customer support is closed until Thursday the 30th.

Are deliveries also stopped until then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Normal deliveries will be on Wednesday but they are delivering antigen tests on Tuesday.

Advertisement