Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

• 14-11-2021 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t find a dedicated thread for sharing symptoms and progression etc. mods feel free to merge if there is one.

Husband has had two positive antigen tests. Symptoms started Friday night but he just seems properly ill this afternoon. Has sore throat headache and achy legs.

I have symptoms too but testing negative. Mostly fatigue headache and runny nose here. Both of us waiting on pcr results.

from what I’m reading it’s not nothing. People who are double vaccinated still getting quite ill.

Comments

I've had similar symptoms since last thursday, sore throat, headache, aching joints, fatigue. Taking paracetemol but it doesn't really help.

I had a PCR test yesterday, got a negative result today.

I hope you both feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

Sorry to hear that OP and hope you and your husband are feeling better soon.

I know of quite a few people diagnosed with Covid in the past 3-4 weeks, almost all of them double-vaccinated. Most of them experiencing very unpleasant symptoms. I wonder if the current outbreak might encourage more uptake amongst the unvaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

Got the Booster jab 10 days ago following day had a temperature spike in work went home early as per work protocols..

Thought it was just a side effect but went for a test to keep job happy

Positive result , been isolation since then apart from a sinus problem now cleared all seems fine..

Job wants me back Tuesday trying to put off return a bit longer dont want to risk spreading in a health care sertting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

I hope we get a reasonably mild dose too. I don’t think it’s hit me yet. Reckon symptoms I have are from something else I picked up from the children. Husband had temperature last night but settled down with meds. We should get our pcr results some time today.

Fauxvid! Very similar symptoms.

I hope if this is it we don’t get bad symptoms. Twin four year olds in the house ( and a very energetic dog) and it’s full on keeping them at home when we are well.

edit. He’s just up and absolutely fatigued after 11 hours in bed. Not like him at all.

• Advertisement

So who has covid? Not us evidently. Husband has had 3 positive antigen tests but pcr negative.

he’s quite Ill. Dunno.

I crawled into bed last night about 11pm which is hours before I normally would as my head was pounding quite badly. Got up for work but just not able for it today, so ended up taking the day off.

I hope you all feel better soon, whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

My brother came up to help me get my very elderly mother to the gp on Thursday. Never mentioned that he felt unwell. Was coughing a bit and I asked him if he'd been tested. Said it was just a cold. Mam was admitted to hospital on Friday and while in A&E got a call from brother saying he'd tested positive on antigen test. He subsequently tested positive on pcr. Now mam is isolation and I'm stuck at home. Have taken 2 negative antigen tests so far. HSE only texted me today saying they'll be sending out tests so me. Glad I knew beforehand so I could start testing in advance. I'm rightly peed off with him for putting us on this situation but what can you do? He says he doesn't feel too bad but he sounds bad on the phone. He can't taste or smell. Hoping myself and mam continue to test negative..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭victor8600

Both my son (8, non-vaccinated) and I (vaccinated) had similar symptoms one week ago, one day of 38.5 degree fever, runny nose for several days. We went to get PCR tests, my son tested positive, while my test returned negative. I had an antigen test today, also got the negative result. It could be that my son and I had a seasonal cold and he got Covid without additional symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Tested positive last Tuesday (double vaxxed) but had some symptoms the day before as well (a tight throat sensation). I also lost some sense of taste (but not smell) at the weekend, but it's mostly back now. I've also got a pretty chesty cough. Other than that feeling fine, no more tired or achy than usual.

All going well I should be out of isolation by next weekend.

• Advertisement

GP referred him for another pcr. Wonder if false negatives happen much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

There's a brutal cold going around. Was dying all weekend, could barely breathe. Tested negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Hey fits! Remember you from our baby thread years ago. Hope twins doing well! The usual false negative rate is approx 5% for PCR so pretty low but three antigen tests being positive and negative PCR is a bit weird, I'd be suspicious if i were your GP too. My four year old tested positive yesterday, one and half year old definitely has it too. I got my booster last week but felt a bit virally the last few days so waiting on PCR result to go back to work. Hope your husband's feeling better soon.

hi tiredcity! The babies thread was a while ago. I hope you are all ok with the covid dose. Yeah it’s all a bit weird tbh. 3 false positives seems unlikely. We will see. The twins are great. Home for the next two days with husband sick and me trying to work - great fun.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You're joking.

My niece had 3 negative tests recently while spiking temperatures and coughing terribly over a 2 week period. Her younger sister and dad tested positive.

After the whole experience I am seriously questioning all these tests.I hope you are all feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Well...all in house...got it...

I fully vacc back in july -pfizer...i am on day 8 .....temperature 37.2 here and there and light pressure on chest.... Since day 2 lost sense of smell...nothing else but anxiety and panic attacks.

My kids 7y and 3y bad cough and low energy levels..... meanwhile wife in hospital delivering our newborn girl....and i am unable to function.....what a disaster... I hope to improve...so far its been every day the same..no worse no better...but never had anything worse then this...

GP no help at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,382 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This is worth a read... suggests if you have a cold just before covid exposure it could block infection

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56483445

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 wiresandmore

I got it in November: work trip to UK, back in Ireland then 3 days later +ve Antigen with +PCR next day. Initially felt ok, but then had an awful 11 days of fever, fatigue, aches and some headaches. No cough amazingly. Altered sense of taste/smell.

This was with J&J almost 6 months earlier - frustratingly it’s now only coming to light that it’s effectiveness is much lower than the others.

It’s not a nice thing at all. Get your boosters.

Post edited by wiresandmore on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

neighbour had it last week - fever - head ache - cough - fatigue. She said they were the main symptoms.

I hope you can get some help and/ or feel better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Cody montana

As of 5 minutes ago, yes.

How long till you can mingle with people again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'd my 3rd dose Wednesday, got it Saturday, cough light pressure on the chest and sore throat, antigen test showed it up Monday morning and I got tested Monday evening because of it.

Have had similar a few winters.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

My work colleague has it, 58 and fully vaccinated plus booster and he is very very ill unfortunately. He was brought into hospital Sunday night because of it and has remained there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jesus this is one nasty virus, i wish them well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

And people think you get a mild dose while vaccinated. People need to hold off from the it's mild and I don't care attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I disagree.... government were saying get the vacc we will open up....giving 90% of mild symptoms....while i believe in it and got my shots asap and i will get any other incoming....its inevitable....

I work in retail.....exposed daily to pay bills.....

some people work to survive and they are hoping that the vaccine will save them life... We have no other choice.

So your care attitude is very disrespectful.....but kets not turn it thay way.....

Thank you for understanding

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You are far more likely to get a mild dose if you're vaccinated compared to not. Only attention junkies like Prof Luke O'Neill moronically claimed "100% protection" for the vaccinated. And other than TefalBrain's poor work colleague thankfully everyone on this thread so far has mild symptoms.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I work in retail.....exposed daily to pay bills.....

Funny enough, and this has been a surprise to me anyway, covid transmission in retail settings has been remarkably low from the start. Especially as you say retail folks are exposed to all sorts of people in an indoor setting. When lockdown was in full force here and in other parts of the world and (some)retail was all that was open, there were very few examples of transmission coming to light. Sporting events, indoor concerts, religious assemblies, schools, yes, retail, oddly no.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Unfortunately my neighbour has it and is very poorly at present was admitted to hospital last week. Only in their 40's also not sure if they have underlying condition but her husband told us she had the booster shot so im guessing so as im in my 50's and haven't been offered one yet. This thing really is a pox.

Advertisement