Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Escape from Tarkov

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Laviski wrote: »
    well expanding tasks and changing existing ones are part of the plan, mainly to expand on the lore since the release of the raid movie.

just to point out, you can get max traders without doing any tasks/quests, it will just take a bit longer. For SBIH, you only need to do this if you want to get the kappa container. SBIH and Grenadier are best done early wipe ( first 2 months) as it's a lot easier, many people put them off and try to get it passively but if worked on as soon as you have it - pays off big time.

Is it some sort of new thing? I can only remember getting rep with traders when doing quests. Did they change something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

Is it some sort of new thing? I can only remember getting rep with traders when doing quests. Did they change something?

ah sorry you are right, you need to do some tasks (unlock jaeger etc) and you need to spend money or sell to the traders (which increases rep as well) to meet the money requirements, but in all honesty that is never an issue as its easy to buy items on the market for what the trader actually sells too etc. Example: condensed milk for therapist/jaeger, rigs for ragman etc.

in saying that, i'll correct myself that you will need to do tasks, but if your not worried about kappa you can just do them passively.

also disclaimer, i have EOD edition so my rep is bumped already, hence the lack of concern of rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads, is there any easy way to see what mags go with what guns? Its a bit of a dose when you buy something from prapor, and then you've to go back and forth double checking compatibility on various magazines to make sure they fit?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Right click gun or ammo, linked search. Then you can look at magazines in drop down on the markey. As long as you're level 10 though.

Right click gun or ammo, linked search. Then you can look at magazines in drop down on the markey. As long as you're level 10 though.

Thanks for that, I'm only a lowly level 5 at the moment so a bit to go yet.
    slowly getting the hang of it, its the kind of game you can turn off in utter frustration, but find yourself thinking about having another go 15 minutes later. :pac:

• Advertisement

yup that is one part of the learning curve,

here is a current update of the ammo https://eft.monster/. remove the filters, then select the gun/caliber and then click ammo table. It provides what you should be using when on budget or when you want to win. (using budget ammo against players may get you killed if they are rocking high level armour, if you see a chad aim for head or do leg meta or frag'nrun)

Also it will tell you all ammo types and show you where they sit on the tables (penetration/damage) if you want to try to the others.

Killa is in factory, so looks like the start of the pre wipe events....

Killa is in factory, so looks like the start of the pre wipe events....

Whats the story after a wipe in terms of starting gear? When I bought the game a few weeks ago, I had what I've later discovered are good guns - 3 x Mp5 and 3 x M4s along with a lot of ammo and bags, etc. - I assume these are all gone come wipe time?

Whats the story after a wipe in terms of starting gear? When I bought the game a few weeks ago, I had what I've later discovered are good guns - 3 x Mp5 and 3 x M4s along with a lot of ammo and bags, etc. - I assume these are all gone come wipe time?

You lose everything. You'll have what you started with a few weeks ago. Starting gear slightly varies depending on which version of the game you bought. The good thing about having **** all gear is nobody else has good gear. There are some epic fights with people using spud guns early wipe.

nope, you get all that back again.
    the loadouts you get are different depending if you pick USEC or BEAR. So if you pick USEC again you get that gear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Thanks for that, I'm only a lowly level 5 at the moment so a bit to go yet.
    slowly getting the hang of it, its the kind of game you can turn off in utter frustration, but find yourself thinking about having another go 15 minutes later. :pac:

Dont mind squadding up with you if you want. Username is same as boards username

Same here would mind squading up, mainly do random grps on the official discord and pestilys discord but it can be rough sometimes. Name same on discord and on eft

Playtime is limited, so doubt I will be concentrating on kappa if there is another wipe when next patch hits.

Id definitely be up for that, I try and hop on for an hour most nights, which probably isnt the ideal amount of time for something with such a learning curve. I'll have to lookup my discord Id when I get home, but I'll add you then.

tarkov on sale again, 20%
    game will be wiped sometime between tuesday and thursday next week (most likely), wipe means everyone running with potato guns and just general chaos which is alot of fun.

tarkov on sale again, 20%
    game will be wiped sometime between tuesday and thursday next week (most likely), wipe means everyone running with potato guns and just general chaos which is alot of fun.

yeah, did the extract with a scav / pmc combo last night, nets you a very easy 50K USD from Peacekeeper.

I find that having so much money and being so close to a wipe, is a nice place to be - you dont feel as worried about losing good gear as its so easy to get more.
    I still havent managed to kill another PMC, but no longer terrified by scavs, which is something I suppose.

yup, this would be a time to rid yourself of gear fear. All the events are decent with the exception of glukar on labs. Even Saniter is comical.

even like the fog, would be best if the cultists spawned in on daytime as well.
    its gonna be a thermal weekend for me :P

wipe confirmed for this wednesday

I'm on holidays next week, so no PC for me unfortunately.

Currently sitting on lowly level 9 ( I dont get a huge amount of playtime) , but I feel like the game is clicking with me.
    I took a break from customs and concentrated on stash runs in shoreline - have to to say I like this map a good bit as its cool to be out in the woods on your own. The scav raiders are quite a threat, but have some great gear, got a lovely p90 and mp7 from them.
    managed to upgrade a few hideout items as well, like the workbench - this certainly makes things a lot easier in terms of seeing what attachments are available for each gun, very impressed with the level of detail on it.
    Also got my first PMC kill, a level 29!

really looking forward to starting on the same footing as everyone else. I know its possible to play as a squad, but I find its very enjoyable solo as well.

Solo I play slower, squad I tend to run around abit more. I get the same results generally speaking.

Solo I play slower, squad I tend to run around abit more. I get the same results generally speaking.

Tend to agree with this although would say less less successful with random grps but that's not to say any less fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

There's should be an option to just buy a whole loadout. I'm sick of gear management all the bloody time.

There's should be an option to just buy a whole loadout. I'm sick of gear management all the bloody time.

Once you have flea market and shooting range unlocked you can create a preset loadout where you assemble a gun and allows you to buy from flea/trader.
    That's been there a year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I think he means like a Call Of Duty styled full loadout with clothing, equipment, meds etc. I'm surpised they haven't done it already.

madcabbage wrote: »
    I think he means like a Call Of Duty styled full loadout with clothing, equipment, meds etc. I'm surpised they haven't done it already.

I believe that full on loadout presets are coming soon - not sure if theyre with this patch or not

Tarkov doesn't need to copy COD style, next thing would be respawns or have knockdowns and more of the like.

Current system is fine, you just need to know how to mod a weapon which is hard when playing first time. There are other stuff that needs to be added before that path is entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Gave the last wipe a miss, looking forward to playing again

How are the servers? I presume they are being hammered at the moment

kingtiger wrote: »

I hopped on last night and couldnt get a game, ended up doing an offline raid on shoreline to try and better learn a stash run.

kingtiger wrote: »

went on last night, and again this morning getting games after 3/4 mins wait. But i don't have main servers selected like uk germany france etc. Picked more obscure ones.

Also new surprise this wipe..... flee market not open till lvl 20 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Had a lovely scav run on Reserve today.

I think the patch for me has been rough I stopped playing and my skills are just terrible presently, I've survived 3 raids. so at the moment I'm working on getting money up and items for quests. But the game is so much better. I like the flea market is higher I like the over all quest lock and just everything feels a lot tighter.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying it myself lately, every run is a learning experience. I only play an hour in the evenings, but I've managed to get to Level 8, have jaeger unlocked (even though I had to run like a coward from the guy who was camping his little hunting shack) , and have done a few of prapor and therapists quests.

have 800K in the bank and saving for the scav junkbox as my next purchase, as the amount of stuff I'm hoarding for hideout upgrades is getting unmanageable.

have security, generator, rest space, lavatory, workbench and med station up and running.

I'm actually quite surprised at how good this is as a single player game. I can accept that my playstyle is something that splinter from TMNT would be proud of, but hey, I'm having fun! I also like how finding keys on other maps expand your options elsewhere (found a customs military checkpoint key on shoreline). I've been sticking to shoreline and customs for the most part and have a good handle on them now. Next up for scouting is Woods I reckon as Prapor wants me to start tracking some convoy thats gone missing....

Had my first weapons malfunction last night, and naturally it cost me the gunfight. was doing a night raid on customs as part of one of skiers tasks to get a golden zippo, came around the corner of dorms and met a lad crouchwalking in the bushes, i got shots off first only for the weapon to malfunction after doing 100 damage. Just bad luck I suppose, serves me right for relying on scav Ak's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

This patch has been Tarkov's toughest yet. Feels like the game is finding its groove. Its great the flea market is from level 20 on-words. Skill in tarkov now is amazing. I do find that there are some aspects that need adjustment. Not sure what I think of scav karma. Its great scav junk boxes are cheaper too. But ultimately the game feels way sharper and what ever optimization bugs there working on seem to be showing.

Weapons malfunctions are great its a pain in the ass when it happens.

Blasted AI scavs are not to be trifled with , even though I'm no longer terrified by them, I still get caught out and manage to lose gunfights where I've an SKS or similar and they've only a shotgun.

tipping through the quests, and have just hit level 12, finding it a bit tough to progress the hideout as each module seems to be missing one component and I'm not getting lucky with the loot.

have a few quests lining up for woods now - not my most enjoyed map, but I suppose I'll just have to get on with it.

The thread seems pretty dead, not sure if it was boards in general that killed it, but like a good rat, I have endured.

currently sitting on 4M roubles, level 23, have most of my hideout at level 2 with a few at tlevel 3.

still avoiding pvp for the most part, but now that I've started crafting better ammo in the hideout, I'm going to start actively trying to follow the path of the chad.

have played enough of Interchange and Woods that I'm now at a reasonably competent level of familiarity with both. Reserve has proven tougher, need to invest in a few keys to progress questlines for Therapist, ragman and peacekeeper, so thats next on the agenda.

Rumours of a wipe before christmas. I think I'll come back for that

• Advertisement

thread been dead can be a number of factors....

• boards went through migrations, imo a poor one at that (the timing,delays and what implemented was rubbish), which turned people off and/or frequent the site less.
    • tarkov is a combat sim, not ever going to be mainstream such as COD apex BF etc... so numbers won't be great and likely where those play in ireland may not use boards.
    • those that played a lot of it probably taking a break, on every wipe meaning doing the same tasks all over again so will grind people out. But a break is a good thing imo and those taking one are likely waiting for lighthouse map and/or streets to come out.

with regards to wipe before xmas, i don't think so as i would believe it to be February. Here is my reasoning:

• from the last 4 wipes, the average length is 203 days. Since last wipe was 30th June, 203 days is 19th January.
    • last wipe was shorter (188 days) than the previous 3 due to the economy been screwed over due to bitcoin, this wipe both hideout and bitcoin is nerfed.
    • they need to push out Unity 2019 migration and DLSS support before year end. If that gets delayed so too does 12.12
    • changes made to current wipe cycle, flea was not available till level 20 ( i know its reduced now) this was to prolong the early phase of the game. It was then reduced to help new players late to the wipe.
    • Solar power nerf: I was lucky enough to get max hideout by end of august but 75k euros for solar power is a steep price. but will make my money back so dec and january is all gravy through the bitcoin. However those that build it in late september onwards i can't see how they will get a return if there is a wipe in december. (those thinking of building solar power now - don't its too late, if not done in the first 10 weeks of wipe then don't)
    • kappa container, another reason as to why this will be a long wipe they pushed it out to lvl 71 but then dropped it to 61. Its a long grind to get to that level but daily tasks that were just introduced along with the reduced level requirement now makes it again more achievable. (also they did add new high level regular tasks)

i hope they push out lighthouse early before xmas and not wait for 12.12 but we will see. Then again Nikita may just pull the trigger and go for a wipe a xmas, if it does great cause early game is the best fun. Just hope they implement more ideas to prolong that early game phase. Also looking forward to inertia, voip not so much but will try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Me and the boy have a shared account on this since it started, we got annoyed at the tiny size of the maps and the ridiculous inventory system.

Started played again last week with Funty ( near 4 years to the day I last played) , no intention of spending any more money to buy bigger inventory but the core game is actually a lot better than it was, it did show promise years ago but again tiny maps and then all "promises" about huge maps and 100 man servers removed from the website. And now selling inventory space for real money.

Bit shady that, still tho gun play is good the AI are good and seriously fcuk that guy who killed me whilst AFK last week 😁

map expansions to customs, woods and factory have been great. But back in your day shoreline was half the size and reserve too when they first came out. If i heard correctly was only 3 or 4 maps at first, so it has come along way but as you said their vision for their end state game has hit a reality check.

got EOD and with 1800+ hours even if it were to finish now it was worth. Although in saying that it would easily be 400 hours sorting inventory and getting kit ready lolz

I started playing last wipe, about 6 weeks before the wipe occured, it was probably a good time to start, as even though I was well undergeared, the lessons were hard learned, and stood me in good stead for the fresh wipe. I'm starting to run better kits now, and have a good bit of the hideout at max level and about half the traders at level 3. If I finish the wipe with all traders level 3, and the core elements of the hideout completed, I'll consider that good progress. I've about 200 hours logged now, and certainly feel like I've more than gotten value for money. In no particular order, this is a rough tally of things I've still to dip into.

1. run factory more - I never go here, will wait till wipe is annouced and will then throw kits and roubles at it.
    2. been to labs - the only card i got was very early wipe and was worth more to me to sell it to finance my lifestyle
    3. killed scav bosses - been late to the party to killa and reshala, been killed by tagilla, never even seen sanitar, gluhar or Shturman
    4. only barely played reserve, need to spend a lot of time on that one,
    5. I would consider that I know customs and shoreline very well, and would be about 60% on woods and interchange - room to improve
    6. improve my heal management - still faffing around with this at times, need to get better at hotkeying stuff and premedding before fights

Theres easily another couple of hundred hours of gameplay in that.

Also, as a latecomer to the game, I find it funny when people complain about nothing changing. in the short time I've been playing, there has been a huge improvement, and with a new expansion around the corner, it'll be fresh for a long time yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Annual sale is on,thinking of upgrading my package.

Just noticed I don't seem to be able to get the discount on an upgrade,stingy b*****ds.

The difference between standard and left behind in the sale is €15,if I try upgrade its €32 with the fees but still €23 without the fees....confused:(

Edit: Quick Google and yeah the upgrades are separate items and are not on sale. It would now be cheaper overall for me just to buy the left behind edition on sale rather than upgrading. Have to say,that's a joke,feels like a scam

Post edited by EoinHef on

• Advertisement

i bough basic first, then eod. 1700 + hours and no regrets.

imo, you either stay basic or get EOD edition - nothing in between is worth it.

Same. I bought basic then upgraded to EOD. Happy to pay to support the developers for such a excellent unique game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well that's all good and all but doesn't really take away from the fact it's a bit of a **** system.

Your penalising players who have bought a package off you before.

If I recall I bought during the discount and when upgraded only paid the difference including gettin 25% off.

The only grip I have is that the price shown is before taxes are added in. But as said it was worth it, best fps mil sim/post apocalyptic game.

Next patch is gonna be rocking with inertia, new map... There's voip too but have reservations and glad can be turned off if the need requires.

Based on current speculation, patch 12.12 that brings new map/voip/inertia etc is to happen on the 12.12.21.

Many have said this will come with a wipe, but I don't think it will. (It's never said by BSG that 12.12 is a wipe, they never say when there is a wipe until a few days before)

If we start getting game breaking daily events, then we will know. (Ie unlimited money/all bosses on same map etc)

new trailer has dropped.

looks like it'll be this sunday alright, all bosses are currently on interchange, and they've altered the effects of some stims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYYlvMn3khE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really looking forward to ratting it up on reserve while everyone explores lighthouse

This was my first proper wipe, and the last few days have taught me that I'm more of a fan of the rat life myself. over the space of an evening, I managed to lose a metric ton of roubles and good gear by charging in looking for PVP or hunting bosses.

I sincerely hope that the new inertia system makes tactical holding of angles a viable option. I just can gel with the whole hard push / prefire to abuse the desync type of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Same, i kind of fell off in the middle but got back into it the last month. Reserve has been beautifully quiet the last 2 days while everyone goes to Interchange for the Boss rush. Only time ive died there in days was last night while I was escaping from some raiders and ran straight into Glukhar and pals in the basement and got head eyed.

Have a few on discord looking to play this wipe if anyone is looking for a group. All levels welcome https://discord.gg/Chf9ZaJ

• Advertisement
Advertisement