Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Escape from Tarkov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Dcully wrote: »
    Love the game but the whole inventory management is a real turn off for me personally.

Need those scav cases man, its a pain in the backside otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Dcully wrote: »
    Love the game but the whole inventory management is a real turn off for me personally.

That's half the fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

mamaz wrote: »
    That's half the fun :P

litterally have a full stash at this stage and no space going on to my third scav box :(

But I haven't started making money to be honest I'm just in the early stages of procurement. I find learning what you can craft is really important.

So right now Im concintrating on stuff like Zibbo liters and stuff to traded for M1 granades to make easgle gun powder killed Anderzal while he was streaming last yesterday :pac:

Sell everything except quest items

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ultrflat wrote: »
    litterally have a full stash at this stage and no space going on to my third scav box :(

But I haven't started making money to be honest I'm just in the early stages of procurement. I find learning what you can craft is really important.

So right now Im concintrating on stuff like Zibbo liters and stuff to traded for M1 granades to make easgle gun powder killed Anderzal while he was streaming last yesterday :pac:

3 junkboxes??! You are a crazy mad hoarder. I would hate to see your house IRL. Do you have a storage room full to the ceiling!?

• Advertisement

Ultrflat wrote: »

I have 2 junkboxes - one for quest items and one for barters/trades/hideout stuff. I only have the Scav Case and Intel lvl 3 and BTC lvl 2/3 left to upgrade at the moment.

In the hideout I craft corrogated hoses from lavatory, 7N39 from Workbench, VPX from Intel Center (to then craft GPU's), Bitcoin from farm, sugar from Nutrition Unit and SuperWater from Water Collector!

I'm finding if I'm not in the mood to play I can just collect and sell what I can so that my money is going up for when I fancy a day of raids!

Got killed by Pestily yesterday on Factory, would've killed him except I went to throw a nade mid fight lol

3 junkboxes??! You are a crazy mad hoarder. I would hate to see your house IRL. Do you have a storage room full to the ceiling!?

Nope, by collecting the correct items now I'll be able to build my own Ammo for example, SP6, M995, 7N12, 7N39 and AP. Also with crafts for GPu's and other items it puts me in a stronger position over time to make money with out of my hide out.

Also Items like blue tape trades for sicc case's and spp ammo. HotRod trades for Bs ammo so I do hoard but its with a purpose.

I try to play the game long term. To be honest that how I approach tarkov I maximize these days on high out potential and of course knowledge of trades. To do that you need items.

mamaz wrote: »

Got killed by Pestily yesterday on Factory, would've killed him except I went to throw a nade mid fight lol

I killed AnderZel the other day in dorms 3 story his point firing is terrible. :pac: Killed another streamer the other day, who had a clock 18 loaded with green tracer ammo. :confused:

Being honest I haven't been playing all that much since March so I'm rusty been going to labs of line and fighting raiders sharpen up my aim but also get my reactions dialed in again. But I force my self to be aggressive its a great way to practice I find.
    :)

Any one playing the new patch yet. The game is running so much better. l

Ya nice addition to the customs maps back of Old Gas. Looks like a snipers haven.

• Advertisement

Jesus lads I dunno - I mained Customs but now it seems a bit flat? I thought Customs was the best map for pure PVP (Factory doesn't really count) but now I'm going map after map with less and less contact.

The game has gone a bit too soft for me I think - I killed 7 PMC's the day before the new patch (personal best I will never beat) but ended up spending more on ammo than I did profit from those kills.

I started playing in February and was addicted until about May - I think I just joined at the right time to really enjoy the game but it's just not my cup of tea now. There is no reason looting scavs and ****ty duffle bags should be worth more than killing other PMC's. But it is the way it has gone and it'll only get worse tbh.

I don't like what they've done with customs either. I liked the bottlenecked nature of it. You were bound to find a fight. It feels more like reserve now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

there is a better money out of customs as a result of the changes, dorms marked room isn't the be all end all location.
    At present if you want a find hang around the new section, nothing but fights there.

being back playing this again, 12.8 release is decent and the upcoming changes looking sweet as well.
    if anyone wants to team up let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does this normally go on sale for black friday? Been wanting to pick it up but not sure how much time id have for it so wanna grab it when on sale

sales have been on periodically, most recently of 16th October and First week of august. If i recall i think its been on sale 4 times already this year.

last year there was a black friday sale, so its likely to happen again. ensure you watch their twitter account and/or website.

the offer is the same throughout the year.
    - Standard Edition - 15% discount
    - Left Behind Edition - 15% discount (don't bother imo)
    - Prepare for Escape Edition - 15% discount (don't bother imo)
    - Edge of Darkness Limited Edition - 20% discount

Laviski wrote: »
    sales have been on periodically, most recently of 16th October and First week of august. If i recall i think its been on sale 4 times already this year.

last year there was a black friday sale, so its likely to happen again. ensure you watch their twitter account and/or website.

the offer is the same throughout the year.
    - Standard Edition - 15% discount
    - Left Behind Edition - 15% discount (don't bother imo)
    - Prepare for Escape Edition - 15% discount (don't bother imo)
    - Edge of Darkness Limited Edition - 20% discount

I missed the October sale by 2 hrs:(

I feel its a game I may love or hate so trying to get it cheap as possible

Cheers for the info

its a great tactical shooter, as i said earlier the last two big patches worth of changes is overall a real positive direction they are going. Game brings me back to Eve Online with f-all forgiveness - get your loadout and kill or be killed. The latter is just going to cost you :) but obiously kill is a better choice and get the fat roubles from the spoils of combat.

by all means get the standard edition first as i have done but then I upgraded to edge of darkness on a sale. Edge of darkness isn't necessary but add's QOL to your gamplay at the start and the extra space in the stash helps as you progress through the game along with a bigger secure container. All of which can be unlocked through the game but it will be a bit of a grind.

I got the EoD from the off and tbh I'd recommend just going standard - it's harder from the start because you get less starting items, less space and your container is smaller.

If its your first wipe go standard to really experience it, if you want then upgrade to EoD. I feel like I really missed out on just how hard it is with a standard account as the lad I doubled up with would always be complaining about lack of space while I was swimming in it.

Ya defo get the standard to begin with, you'll never make use of the stash space starting out anyway. I went with EOD edition as an upgrade much later on, two years in fact :D

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ya defo get the standard to begin with, you'll never make use of the stash space starting out anyway

You're clearly not a rat ;) I had the EoD stash full by the end of the first day of wipe!

Haven't played since the Summer got rid of the PC because Tarkov was single handily causing me to fall behind in college :o

key to filling your stash is extracting - rat or not :) my survival rate now down to 32% due to jaeger tasks.

I really wish there was an option to like turn off the flea market - like when you start the account you choose an option to black it out unless you reset the account.

I mean yeah I could just not use it, but I don't have that sort of discipline!

I never got to experience it without the flea market sadly.

recent updates.... you don't have flea market until lvl 10. Alot of people didn't like that but didn't impact me as didn't use it all that much early game except to just buy quest items. you get to need it more late 20's and onwards.

here's your sale coming up and its the highest sale % over the course of this year.
    if you do go ahead with, you can hit me up to get over the learning curve.

The Black Friday for #EscapefromTarkov is getting close! All pre-order packages will have a 25% discount! Don't miss it!

The discounts start on Friday, November 27th at 00:01 MSK

The discounts end on Saturday, November 28th at 23:59 MSK

Yeah i was expecting 15% off!

Thank you for posting that,ill get on it friday:)

Absolutely itching to buy another PC to get my fix of Tarky.

Just in case anyone else interested in the game, its only on sale today and tommorow till 9pm for Black Friday. 25 % off.

Picked it up earlier. Did get a little surprise at checkout as the VAT is only applied on checkout but said feck it and went ahead anyway.

Got standard after the advice here

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Picked it up earlier. Did get a little surprise at checkout as the VAT is only applied on checkout but said feck it and went ahead anyway.

Got standard after the advice here
    Welcome man its truly rewarding game. If I was to offer advice. it would be the following.

Get used to dyeing a lot, but every death is a lesson at the start, You will die from Bull **** circumstances so often. Your joining at an ok time the games pretty chilled at the moment. For the first couple of levels healing after death is free so take advantage of that if you die in raid.

Learn your extracts, its pivotal to how you play the maps. Learn about ammo I've attached an ok ammo chart.

Get used to the different sounds, Tarkov is as much about listening as it is about seeing, some helmets block sound. Where there's 1 player, there's generally 2. Its ok to dip and run if you can't fight or if you feel out matched. Carry meds and bandages. Take time to play with different guns. Avoid like the plague the AK74U Use your extra mouse key binds to assist you with things like med/bandage s pain killers. Also
    as you get deeper into the game you'll find different scopes will have two zoom magnifications.

Tarkov community is a good one. Watch streamers play check (Tweak) .

Ammo chart below

534510.png

Advertisement