Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Escape from Tarkov

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Laviski wrote: »
    well expanding tasks and changing existing ones are part of the plan, mainly to expand on the lore since the release of the raid movie.

just to point out, you can get max traders without doing any tasks/quests, it will just take a bit longer. For SBIH, you only need to do this if you want to get the kappa container. SBIH and Grenadier are best done early wipe ( first 2 months) as it's a lot easier, many people put them off and try to get it passively but if worked on as soon as you have it - pays off big time.

Is it some sort of new thing? I can only remember getting rep with traders when doing quests. Did they change something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Is it some sort of new thing? I can only remember getting rep with traders when doing quests. Did they change something?

ah sorry you are right, you need to do some tasks (unlock jaeger etc) and you need to spend money or sell to the traders (which increases rep as well) to meet the money requirements, but in all honesty that is never an issue as its easy to buy items on the market for what the trader actually sells too etc. Example: condensed milk for therapist/jaeger, rigs for ragman etc.

in saying that, i'll correct myself that you will need to do tasks, but if your not worried about kappa you can just do them passively.

also disclaimer, i have EOD edition so my rep is bumped already, hence the lack of concern of rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads, is there any easy way to see what mags go with what guns? Its a bit of a dose when you buy something from prapor, and then you've to go back and forth double checking compatibility on various magazines to make sure they fit?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Right click gun or ammo, linked search. Then you can look at magazines in drop down on the markey. As long as you're level 10 though.

Right click gun or ammo, linked search. Then you can look at magazines in drop down on the markey. As long as you're level 10 though.

Thanks for that, I'm only a lowly level 5 at the moment so a bit to go yet.
    slowly getting the hang of it, its the kind of game you can turn off in utter frustration, but find yourself thinking about having another go 15 minutes later. :pac:

• Advertisement

yup that is one part of the learning curve,

here is a current update of the ammo https://eft.monster/. remove the filters, then select the gun/caliber and then click ammo table. It provides what you should be using when on budget or when you want to win. (using budget ammo against players may get you killed if they are rocking high level armour, if you see a chad aim for head or do leg meta or frag'nrun)

Also it will tell you all ammo types and show you where they sit on the tables (penetration/damage) if you want to try to the others.

Killa is in factory, so looks like the start of the pre wipe events....

Killa is in factory, so looks like the start of the pre wipe events....

Whats the story after a wipe in terms of starting gear? When I bought the game a few weeks ago, I had what I've later discovered are good guns - 3 x Mp5 and 3 x M4s along with a lot of ammo and bags, etc. - I assume these are all gone come wipe time?

Whats the story after a wipe in terms of starting gear? When I bought the game a few weeks ago, I had what I've later discovered are good guns - 3 x Mp5 and 3 x M4s along with a lot of ammo and bags, etc. - I assume these are all gone come wipe time?

You lose everything. You'll have what you started with a few weeks ago. Starting gear slightly varies depending on which version of the game you bought. The good thing about having **** all gear is nobody else has good gear. There are some epic fights with people using spud guns early wipe.

nope, you get all that back again.
    the loadouts you get are different depending if you pick USEC or BEAR. So if you pick USEC again you get that gear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Thanks for that, I'm only a lowly level 5 at the moment so a bit to go yet.
    slowly getting the hang of it, its the kind of game you can turn off in utter frustration, but find yourself thinking about having another go 15 minutes later. :pac:

Dont mind squadding up with you if you want. Username is same as boards username

Same here would mind squading up, mainly do random grps on the official discord and pestilys discord but it can be rough sometimes. Name same on discord and on eft

Playtime is limited, so doubt I will be concentrating on kappa if there is another wipe when next patch hits.

Id definitely be up for that, I try and hop on for an hour most nights, which probably isnt the ideal amount of time for something with such a learning curve. I'll have to lookup my discord Id when I get home, but I'll add you then.

tarkov on sale again, 20%
    game will be wiped sometime between tuesday and thursday next week (most likely), wipe means everyone running with potato guns and just general chaos which is alot of fun.

tarkov on sale again, 20%
    game will be wiped sometime between tuesday and thursday next week (most likely), wipe means everyone running with potato guns and just general chaos which is alot of fun.

yeah, did the extract with a scav / pmc combo last night, nets you a very easy 50K USD from Peacekeeper.

I find that having so much money and being so close to a wipe, is a nice place to be - you dont feel as worried about losing good gear as its so easy to get more.
    I still havent managed to kill another PMC, but no longer terrified by scavs, which is something I suppose.

yup, this would be a time to rid yourself of gear fear. All the events are decent with the exception of glukar on labs. Even Saniter is comical.

even like the fog, would be best if the cultists spawned in on daytime as well.
    its gonna be a thermal weekend for me :P

wipe confirmed for this wednesday

I'm on holidays next week, so no PC for me unfortunately.

Currently sitting on lowly level 9 ( I dont get a huge amount of playtime) , but I feel like the game is clicking with me.
    I took a break from customs and concentrated on stash runs in shoreline - have to to say I like this map a good bit as its cool to be out in the woods on your own. The scav raiders are quite a threat, but have some great gear, got a lovely p90 and mp7 from them.
    managed to upgrade a few hideout items as well, like the workbench - this certainly makes things a lot easier in terms of seeing what attachments are available for each gun, very impressed with the level of detail on it.
    Also got my first PMC kill, a level 29!

really looking forward to starting on the same footing as everyone else. I know its possible to play as a squad, but I find its very enjoyable solo as well.

Solo I play slower, squad I tend to run around abit more. I get the same results generally speaking.

Solo I play slower, squad I tend to run around abit more. I get the same results generally speaking.

Tend to agree with this although would say less less successful with random grps but that's not to say any less fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

There's should be an option to just buy a whole loadout. I'm sick of gear management all the bloody time.

There's should be an option to just buy a whole loadout. I'm sick of gear management all the bloody time.

Once you have flea market and shooting range unlocked you can create a preset loadout where you assemble a gun and allows you to buy from flea/trader.
    That's been there a year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I think he means like a Call Of Duty styled full loadout with clothing, equipment, meds etc. I'm surpised they haven't done it already.

madcabbage wrote: »
    I think he means like a Call Of Duty styled full loadout with clothing, equipment, meds etc. I'm surpised they haven't done it already.

I believe that full on loadout presets are coming soon - not sure if theyre with this patch or not

Tarkov doesn't need to copy COD style, next thing would be respawns or have knockdowns and more of the like.

Current system is fine, you just need to know how to mod a weapon which is hard when playing first time. There are other stuff that needs to be added before that path is entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Gave the last wipe a miss, looking forward to playing again

How are the servers? I presume they are being hammered at the moment

kingtiger wrote: »

I hopped on last night and couldnt get a game, ended up doing an offline raid on shoreline to try and better learn a stash run.

kingtiger wrote: »

went on last night, and again this morning getting games after 3/4 mins wait. But i don't have main servers selected like uk germany france etc. Picked more obscure ones.

Also new surprise this wipe..... flee market not open till lvl 20 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Had a lovely scav run on Reserve today.

I think the patch for me has been rough I stopped playing and my skills are just terrible presently, I've survived 3 raids. so at the moment I'm working on getting money up and items for quests. But the game is so much better. I like the flea market is higher I like the over all quest lock and just everything feels a lot tighter.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying it myself lately, every run is a learning experience. I only play an hour in the evenings, but I've managed to get to Level 8, have jaeger unlocked (even though I had to run like a coward from the guy who was camping his little hunting shack) , and have done a few of prapor and therapists quests.

have 800K in the bank and saving for the scav junkbox as my next purchase, as the amount of stuff I'm hoarding for hideout upgrades is getting unmanageable.

have security, generator, rest space, lavatory, workbench and med station up and running.

I'm actually quite surprised at how good this is as a single player game. I can accept that my playstyle is something that splinter from TMNT would be proud of, but hey, I'm having fun! I also like how finding keys on other maps expand your options elsewhere (found a customs military checkpoint key on shoreline). I've been sticking to shoreline and customs for the most part and have a good handle on them now. Next up for scouting is Woods I reckon as Prapor wants me to start tracking some convoy thats gone missing....

Advertisement