Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

New arrival - Radiomir 572. Sold the Panerai blue faced GMT (946) and went back to basics with this one. Very comfortable fit for a 45mm as only 12mm thick. P4000 automatic movement and 100m WR. Warranty to 2029! Apologies for quality of lume shot but hopefully it gives some indication of what it looks like. Have been looking at this particular model for a few years and cannot understand why Panerai decided to discontinue it and replace it with some of their current offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

There's definitely some perks to being a reviewer... This watch is absolutely beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭micks_address

This came today. Initial impressions are it’s great. I thought the bracelet would be heavy but it’s lovely. Super legible watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Sarb017 'Alpinist'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

very nice thats 2 recent 1940s radiomir arrivals then for the thread

• Advertisement

Have you tried the alpinist on a brown strap cycling? Green/Brown combo looks awesome

Well I’d say the stock Seiko brown is horrible… I had a martu vintage look calf brown strap on mine and was class.. colareb be nice option as well

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Raven Trekker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Beauty Mick always have a soft spot for Sinn - happy you got another tool watch so you can sell me the G ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

This is my daily watch.

Introducing the Seiko Presage Blue Enamel Limited Edition | SJX Watches (watchesbysjx.com)

I get great delight looking at it as the day unfolds (jaysus that was deep) anyway. Its been losing time, so reckon it needs a service. Where is best place to bring a Seiko. I see there is a Seiko Service centre up in Ballymount (Dublin), anyone use these?

Nice lume on the sinn

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Citizen Alarm Date from September 1972 for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Bit of his holidays for midterm in Portugal. Of course on a beach holiday your only man is the hulk, requires no special care, and enough watch to prove your watch chops to those who care (which is nobody) Nice to be abroad again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Panerai lume going strong. I may have taken more pictures of my watches on this holiday than of the kids .

The g shock is a really great beach watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

The low setting sun setting off the blued hands and numerals to good affect. I really don't wear this watch enough. It's the nearest thing to a dress watch I have everything else is divers or G shocks! We were out for dinner yesterday so for once I stuck a shirt and this on and didn't bother swapping this morning.

I can't remember when I last wore it it was still on summer time and I don't remember wearing it since last year. Still pretty accurate was only 4 seconds out against the radio controlled Casios! Battery is running low though was ticking 2 seconds at a time. Strangely went back to normal after a while on my wrist. No it's not kinetic or solar! Must pick up a battery for it.

Tissot Tuesday at two.

Ballade

And before anyone mentions the date let me just add 'it's Tissot tomorrow too'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jlc for a trip to London

Omega Seamaster 'GoldenEye' circa 1995

The book is an interesting French take on Overlord to the liberation of Paris.

And before anyone mentions it, yes I need to change the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You either seem to live in the past or in the future, Cyclingtourist, depending on the day 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I recently picked up a 2nd hand Hamtun H2 Kraken with an SW-200 for a very reasonable price (Thanks @funkyouup )

Bought this as a stopgap to cover me whilst I considered buying a new Pelagos.

I am very surprised and happy with the piece, far higher quality of finishing than I was expecting. Excellent finishing on the dial and in particular the indices. Crown at 4 makes for a comfortable wear and it's nicely signed too.

The only part of the watch I have any issue at all with? Is the clasp, that said? I have Sinn bracelet clasps that are just as rattly. The bracelet, watch, dial, bezel, bezel action and the movement all belie the very reasonable price of this watch IMO.

I will keep an eye out for a titanium milled clasp with an easylink style adjust and see about swapping.

Other than that however? Honestly feel that this is a very good piece and with a better clasp? Would be on a par with a Pelagos at a far, far lower price and IMO a nicer dial/bezel.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Very clean looking diver. I feel a lug width of 22mm looks much more in proportion for a typical size diver. Something Rolex have got wrong imho. The subs are only 20mm and the first gen deepsea was just 21mm, ridiculous for a watch that big, tall and heavy. It's 22mm on mine (second gen), but should really have been at least 23mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Still lovely here a birdy tells me it's pissing down in Ireland. Mrs Fitz wearing her sub all holiday too and looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Messing about with generic bracelets on the Alpha speedie.

President style with generic end links.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Totally agree, the lug width on this is 20mm but the watch itself is slightly larger than the old Sub's 39mm and smaller than the new Sub's 41mm and the Pelagos 42mm.

It's a good compromise IMO. It manages to wear similar to a Sub but with the benefits of the Pelagos. Lumed bezel, 60 clicks, positive and precise bezel action, well lumed hands and indices and a chapter ring.

Now of course this isn't a luxury watch! The value it represents for what it is tho? Is IMHO considerable (2nd hand or KS pricing 😉) I've owned a Pelagos so my very definite opinion on this watch versus the 5line Tudor is...

If the name recognition,in-house movement and absolutely brilliant clasp on the Tudor matter? It's a better watch.

But this? Honestly runs it very, very close at 1/10 of the price. I was on the fence about buying a new Pelagos, this has scratched that so I may go with 2 Sinn's next rather than just one 🤣

I've but it on the rubber strap and one of the additional clasps that were sent with it. I may dig out the scotchbrite pad and the fibreglass brush to match up the Stainless clasp better with the head.

• Advertisement

Casio Tough Solar

Drinking tea and flexing (leg muscles) earlier today.

Advertisement