Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lower the tome. I see what you did there. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Cassiopeia (and Seiko Monster!)

New phone has astrophotography mode I've being trying out. Need to use a tripod and holder to get best results. Was just giving it a go while out walking our dog. Had tried a few other nights but the Seiko lume was too bright and blowing out the night mode! Shot tonight was about an hour after leaving the house!

Was a bit cloudy to they were being lit up by light pollution. I really don't understand why people feel the need to light up their houses like christmas trees in the country side. Just use sensor lights! I'll try with the tripod and go to a more isolated spot next clear night.

Not mine but it can get some pretty impressive shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

This arrived today and i think itll last longer than its predecessor (JLC Polaris Mariner). Green is the new blue imo 😁

Excuse the outrage of a strap, i have a nice dark brown leather number that should have arrived by now on order from Panerai.

Pam 995

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Thats lovely but was going to say the strap is taking away from it . A rich brown strap will set it off

totally agree, this is what it should be on (and is on order)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I like the strap tbh. Then again after getting covid and telling a friend I'd lost my sense of smell and taste, he opinied I never had taste to begin with, so there's that. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

1972 Longines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I've been messing about with different bracelets for the Speedie Mark II, including the Uncle Seiko US1171.

Then, just to see, I tried out the US1171, with the Speedie Pro hollow end links on something else.

Well, slap my leg and call me Henry, if it didn't fit just nicely!

Authentic vintage looks on a modern homage.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Seiko 0624-5009 " Lemon Drop" September 1975 on the wrist for this week

Edit: Just after getting delivered :) Sticking with the book theme

Post edited by IrishPlayer on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Ah wibbs. The ultronic diver. I missed out on one of those recently in Italy. I bid a grand, it sold for 1100. It was the green dial version.

Anyway. This has arrived from our japanese friends. It has an 8f56 movement, perpetual calendar and an accuracy of 20 s/y. It does have an integrated bracelet.

It has a pink dial, salmon pink, pink is not for everyone, Rolex do a pink, if you are wearing a watch and it's pink, it gets noticed. It's a Seiko and it's pink. That's the whole pink bit sorted.

Oh it's a GMT, it took a minute to figure out how that works, the minute hand and GMT hand are set by the one position on the stem. The hour hand is independent.

I am in in the hills outside Lisbon, and a little bit drunk. I just got somewhat lost in the hotels garden.

• Advertisement

Thats a very unique looking watch .What year is it from ?

As far as I can tell late 90s early 2000. It's an 8f56-0020. There's this one and a black dialed version in steel. There is also a Titanium version.

The movement uses a large coin cell for a 10 year life. Setting the perpetual calendar is done by shorting contacts on the movement. If you pull out and return the crown, it'll index the date wheel to show the month, second hand will take a position to indicate which year in the leap year cycle it is.

Here is a better pic showing the handset and indexes.

Post edited by njburke on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

As Madonna sings in Hung up, Time goes by so slowly.

Orange Doxa Sub, me holiday watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Class Doxa... i see a lot of people recommending the Seestern (homage) on tz forums... for about 200 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Just after arriving in the post! 🙂

After getting it out of the bubble wrap, I couldn't believe how nice it is! My journey into watchmaking begins! First thing will be to research the moment before diving in and of course get some tools.

Huge Thank You to @NIMAN for sending me this fantastic little Timex and to @banie01

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Nice. Lake Garda?

*Just a wild guess. I know there are millions of little streets like that but the pic stirs a memory somehow.

No it is Sintra outside Lisbon. We planned to go to lake como but the forecast was for flash floods and 100mm of rain for the week.

There are currently three homages I know of, Maranez, Tactical Frog and Seestern. Theres also a bit of kerfuffle about a reissue of a Synchron Military by the chap who is credited with Doxas revival in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

my old 5m43 seiko SKJ031P air diver getting a charge on the kinetic charger, have the watch I'd say a good 25+ years and not a mark on the crystal!

beautiful spot, have you been down to cascais?

• Advertisement

Thank crunchy it’s Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Heading out there Sunday, from Lisbon. I might peruse a watch shop whilst I'm here.

JOMW has put up a video comparing a Doxa 300T to a tactical Frog, The homage has a bit of a howler compared to the original in its bezel. The timegrapher does the doxas ETA2824 no favours compared to the tactical frogs NH35. The Seestern seems fair better in the reviews, better bracelet mainly.JOMW reckons all the Doxas homages come from the same source .

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Gorgeous watch, does that have the roulette date wheel?

Red and black date wheel . I don’t think they’re available in the new model 41

Post edited by micks_address on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

Red/black alternating date wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Hanging out by the pool after getting my PADI Open Water Cert in Malta yesterday. No I have a bonafide excuse to wear a dive watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

New watch day! I ordered this 16 weeks ago and have been waiting patiently for Sinn to dispatch it. They had said mid November, so it was actually a pleasant surprise to get it so early. I have to say that I am very impressed. Well worth the wait

(also I have no idea why boards decides to rotate some pictures! Can't make any sense of it.)

Advertisement