Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Amazing difference a €20 strap makes. Loving how it sits a little bit taller on the wrist and I can get the clasp position closer to 6 o clock to stop it spinning on my wrist without being too tight. It's a new watch now - enjoying the olive green with blued hands. My ladies sized 35mm on a 7" wrist 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I really like a lot of the Nomos range but I wish they would shorten the lug length on their watches.

For sure they aren't for everyone. The key is to size down what you'd normally get. TBH I wouldn't own one if they were shorter. For me, there's a beauty in the proportions of a smaller all-dial watch with the L2L of a 38/39mm. IMO 38-40mm in bauhaus style is a bit too much dial unless you're 7.5-8 inch wrist, maybe in a darker colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,054 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's gorgeous Unkel - what a beauty, if I was getting any Rolex it would be this.

• Advertisement

The cheap stamped brushed clasp wasn't doing it for me. Had an OEM Nomos winged clasp in 18mm lying around, albeit absolutely not designed to work with a single pass perlon.

A few minutes of careful hand stitching to make a channel for the spring bar and a bit of fettling trying to poke the tang through, the transformation is complete.

Thrilled with how it turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Very nice Unkel ,Did you buy on a bracelet or just nato?

Full set. Head is mint and bracelet is unworn since it came back from Rolex service in 2018. Will probably keep it that way. Experiment with a few straps. Like this NATO too, but I'll think of some other funky / extravagant options. Ideas welcome 😂

Very very nice . I couldnt wear on anything but a rolex strap though or maybe a rubber b or everest ..

Wear did you source it? I keep looking at chrono but the prices are gone wild

This the one that was on TZ-UK? Looked mint

• Advertisement

Would you not get caught for customs buying from uk?

Norn Iron, so no duty or VAT due. And yes it was the one on TZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

oh yeah....nice rubber B suits that well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,877 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yep Rob, nice lad! He showed me and I tried on his entire "pamily" too 😁

Was pleasantly surprised about the look and the feel of his 47mm Submersible chrono. Wasn't into them at all until I saw them in the flash this morning. What did you buy from him?

That orange Rubber B looks good Fitz. Where would you best buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,877 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i cant recall exactly have been onto him on and off a good few times down the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Something to dive for

Direct from their website is the only route really. Everest do similar straps a little cheaper but not as good qaulity. Rubber B quality is excellent, not saying its oysterflex quality, but its worthy of such a watch.

Post edited by Fitz II on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭893bet

I love a nice rubber strap. Either or both of those would look the mutts nuts. The exp2 has grown on me a lot more recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭893bet

When you see me wearing this is means one of two things.

I am about to be hungover or am already hungover.

In this case the latter. Had a scatter of pints and wee ones from 6 o clock yesterday and ended up in a night club! Then 5 hrs bad sleep and in for a days “work”.

I have Covid fear today…..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Speaking of Russki divers... 😁

Still going great guns.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I'm planning on getting a Rubber B or Everest strap for my Explorer II also.

Anyway, this is what I'm wearing today.

Preceramic Pepsi....oh yes. My opinion, the ceramic pepsi colours are terrible, the Al bezel is much better.. That is a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

just realised I’d never thrown up a photo of this one I got a few weeks back. I must get one of those rubber b straps, because I absolutely love the oysterflex on the YM.

Jesus lads....some good quality ammunition being fired today.

Time....retail or grey? I see its the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've been looking at one of the Rubber B straps for the Milguass but always wondered if they were worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Retail. I wouldn’t pay grey market price for one, it’s not enough watch compared to what else you’d get for 17 or 18k

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Some lovely watches over the last day or so. That explorer II is really really growing on me, I had it as my least favourite Rolex but it’s fast becoming in my top three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus lads, some lovely pieces today! @Cyrus(I meant @Time sorry, few pints in me 😉 and on **** new boards, I can't delete the incorrect tag 😩) and @unkel well wear on the Rollies.

I had a pale imitation of that class of GMT on the wrist today in weirs 😉 tempting too. If I can't lay hands on the Seamaster GMT I'm after? It may be an option.

The Mrs was far more enamoured with the Grand Seiko version of the Explorer 2 tho 🤷

Advertisement