Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭celt262

Just admit you watched it all no need for the cover story 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Genuinely haven't, she has it recorded so puts it on whenever there's nothing else for us to watch. I was very keen on it at first. Big love/hate fan.

But it's been so so poor. At times I'm literally shocked by how brutal it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I sort of agree, that last episode had a few glaring issues, not least the acting from some of the characters.

I haven't been as hard on it as some of the posters here, but I'm hoping the final episode is a good one.

As for series 2, it's all down to the viewing figures, and probably more about viewing figures in the USA. There'll be no attention paid to the ramblings and complaints on an Irish internet forum. And the fact it is scored at 100% critics / 92% audience on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

And that was some absolute load of shite as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I'm not an actor

but eric's girlfriend when she went to see him in prison

my god how bad was she at acting ? bloody cringe

just aswell she has a nice arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Popular Google searches in the US in the last few weeks. :-)

C.A.O.

Brown Bread

Youse

Windy Cnut

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Am a Dub and would agree that calling someone 'windy' means they are cowardly, couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag - not that they are full of shíte.

Anna's acting is not great at the best of times but she didn't even give an oul scream while being kidnapped, not a tear or ounce of upset after running back to her dad...most girls her age would be in hysterics and rightly so. Maybe she's made of tougher stuff like her dad and grandad 😄

I thought the storyline with Amanda getting Noel's widow to talk to her solicitor and spin a story about Noel was a bit unbelievable as well. I suppose the solicitor was calling it out as unbelievable herself.

The retreat seems to have had the opposite effect on Eamon to what it was supposed to do, he was more calm before he went to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

When do you think we'll be seeing the sex scene between Amanda and Mikey?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I think it is good to represent the diversity of modern Ireland but not at the cost of poor performances. How on earth they cast Anna is beyond me. She delivers every line in the same monotone. Why they would give a part with a fair bit of screen time to someone who is clearly out of depth is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this a ratings winner for RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭J.P.1994

If you believe the papers - yes. Big ratings winner.

But I'm not sure if that's deal breaker anyway, I heard an interview with the writer and he said that it needs to perform well for AMC to get another series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭archfi

When do you think we'll be seeing the sex scene between Amanda and Mikey?

Season 4 🤣

After another long lingering 'arty' shot of a 30 quid glass kettle on the boil.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

While he definitely brought much-needed life to the story so far, I agree that Bren was overdoing a bit. Hinds definitely also overplays the role. It's almost as though he's on stage, with exaggerated facial expressions etc. I'm a huge fan of his but I think he'd be much scarier as a gang boss if he pared it back a little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I've watched it from the start and will watch the finale but let's be honest, it's terrible. Acting and script are so bad, with holes all over the place. Can't see it getting another season, not sure I'd watch if it did.

oh and if Nikita is "fat", we're all f**ked....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The plot itself isn't too bad, it's just that not that much happens. I had watched 25 mins of the last episode before talking with someone and saying that nothing had actually happened yet. The first six episodes could easily have been condensed into three tight, action packed episodes.

The script / dialogue is sort of the Dublin equivalent of "begorrah" / Hollywood Irish. You can tell the actors are struggling a bit with the dialogue and accents, though Charlie Cox comes across as the most natural. The others are a lot more put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

A lot of criticism of the young girl who plays Michael’s daughter on here. I think they should have picked the girl from the Vodafone lighthouse ad to play her instead, she would have been awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

I think the people calling this terrible are being OTT. It’s been neither brilliant or terrible IMO.

The first episode was great and since then it’s been too dragged out and anticlimactic. It’s obviously building up to something for the series finale so will reserve judgement till then.

It needed a bit more action in between and not just at the beginning and end.

I find myself interested in it more so because of the sight seeing in Dublin so not sure what would keep the American audience interested?

However, I would like a second series where Bren is released and takes back over as the lead of the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I see AMC are doing another collab with RTE for Hidden Assets...again written by Peter McKenna. Will that not be a bit samey? It's about CAB so involves drugs I'm sure again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just caught up on this, jesus they got their money's worth out of the drone anyway, half of every episode was either a close up of an inanimate object in the house (I include some of the actors in that) or of a drone flying over Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Yes spotted that, wonder will it be on earlier in US too? I think it's about diamond smuggling and CAB, somehow county Clare is where it's based.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

There's just so many badly written and acted scenes it's unreal, ive cringed hard a few times watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Well, they certainly upped the body count in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very good finale with the series turned up to 11. Some of the scenes were very meh in the acting/dialogue sense

So theyarew body count has been doubled and you'du have to say the Amanda run Kinselas won out in the end. Con Doyle killed and most importantly Eamonn too (pity loved his character). Left a bit hanging about Frank, did he die or was he safed in hospital. Memories a bit hazey and I know Viking attempted to shoot that Moore guy but did Amanda set him up and say he was the one who killed him ? . Could this 'eye witness' be that junkie who was bet up by Jimmy in episode 1 ?

Sad to say it but the finale had a kind of end to the story but no doubt they can make a season 2 out of it. Maybe Bren out of prison who goes up against Amanda ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,936 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

AMC are also managing the production of Gangs of London season 2

Good series but **** me the violence in it makes John Rambo look tame

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

finale was alright, definitely can see it getting a second season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,936 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

It was created by Gareth Evan's, look up his movies The Raid and The Raid 2 and you'll see what he's about! The fight scenes are so creative (the fight between Elliot and Cole in the building under construction in GOL ep3 was standout for me, amazing)

Anyway, best not get too far off topic. Re the Kin finale, it was a good episode and wrapped the whole thing up with some finality but it was pretty obvious what way it was going to go from early on in the ep. I'd watch a second season

They'd need a big name to replace Ciaran Hinds. Wonder if Gabriel Byrne would do it! He was quite good in the recent ZeroZeroZero I thought

I wonder what Jimmy's and Frank's 'real jobs'

Eamonn is a hotelier, Amanda a car dealer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Ozvaldo

OTT I dont think so this is pants considering the hype RTE have put on it,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Advertisement