Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

So how do you do spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Rte is also in the title though! As this is an Irish forum you'd expect the majority to be watching on RTE and the thread is certainly more busy on Sunday night /Monday, which would prove that theory.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I click into the spoilers anyway, but I do understand why people would be annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,368 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You didn't notice all the other posts with Spoiler tags used then?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

R.I.P Eamon. gone too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

The music in this series is a laugh. Between that and Amanda constantly staring into the distance.

• Advertisement

edit - still trying to figure out how to do spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

You click on the little icon on the left and it gives you the spoiler option there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Don't spoil it for everyone.......tho why people are looking at the thread when they know it airs on a Thurs on a format alot of people have access to I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

WHAT

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT ITS NOT ON TILL SUNDAY

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You can find the episode online if you know where to look!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This has been posted a couple of times in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Did this get renewed for a second season?

All in all fairly underwhelming. Thankfully only 8 episodes so not dragged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Another big Godfather reference this week….. when you reference such a masterpiece I think you need to have earned it…. Not sure if Kin earned it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

The show airs in the US early on AMC channel, 2 or 3 days before RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Thread should have spoiler warning in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't know if I nodded off somewhere, but how did Amanda know where the drugs were? I thought that she didn't have a clue in Episode 7, but there she was at the start of episode 8 opening the back of the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I can only guess that off screen Michael told her?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

He is with the angles now.

Telpis! 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You'd want to be desperate for something to watch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Found the spoilers! Thanks for the above.

The Godfather reference for me was that the climax was framed around a church service - Amanda at the mass / Michael Corleone at the christening. It was a bit too close in that sense. Still though, I thought it was a good episode, and was surprised that Cunningham was killed. Perhaps the "villains" in season 2 will be the overseas drug lord, and perhaps we'll get some on location shooting as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well. That's the season done! Overall, well enough developed story with strong second season potential. Having the big story thought out was a big win. Some of the finer details could have been done a bit grittier / more realistic but they kept to the shows style so I think that was fine in the end.

1.8: So then..

You don't **** with the Irish Mammy.

- ordered a hit on her son -- dead

- head of opponent gang and threatened to kill her other son -- dead

- threatened to her burn her other son alive -- dead

- endangered her son -- in solitary confinement

- dissed plan to whack people who killed her son -- drug overdose, bodyguard dead, son in solitary confinement

Pretty sure the Amanda vs Eamon being the big story was flagged well enough and early in the show. I remember posting about spotting it in one of the earlier episodes.

Music in that end scene with Amanda walking away was good.

Which constrasts strongly against that .. i dunno.. is it a ding-dong *shoch reveal* sound effect they use sometimes in the show.. which kinda just grates.

Had a big lol when Amanda shoved herself into the couch beside Anthony and you could see he lost control of the car in the video game.

Future: Well, definitely season two potential

Yeah I think a season two has got some stuff going for it

They've killed the son of the Eamons supplier .. who I assume has to be given way bigger position/level of power than Eamon.

Plus there's gonna be the inter-family stuff still going on.

Finally, I've said it plenty of times on this thread. Top performance from Ciarán Hinds in this show. He really does a great Caesar.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Similar to many here, I watched the whole 8 episodes but wasn't hugely impressed, I did like the shots of Dublin and nearly stayed watching purely for that reason LOL. There was a lot of loose ends and plot points that were dropped throughout the series which I found odd but as we all know, it wasn't the best show.

I presume if they do a season 2 the supplier will be the new antagonist from abroad (Morocco I guess but could be Turkey) and there will be family infighting with Bren being released, maybe the supplier will kill someone in the family and consider them both even and offer his product to the Kinsella's and it'll cause some infighting. You would think Eamonn and Con would be fairly paranoid about safety being international drug traffickers but also as they are in a feud with people who have not only murdered an associate of theirs but also mugged them off by stealing their product but they seemed to have been caught quite easily. I thought Michael was gonna have a seizure when he had Eamonn in his cross hairs and he'd escape and be in season 2 which thankfully didn't happen, I assumed his health problems were gonna cause him to mess up a significant hit at some stage (Kinda did already I suppose).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I normally have a quick read to gauge people’s thoughts on the latest episode.

Disappointed with the spoiler posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I Think it was because Michael got medication to help tackle the seizures that he managed to pull off that hit.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All style no substance again in the ending. It's basically a rip off of the godfather. Amanda is Michael Corleone clearing house, starting off as the hapless wife and rising to be the ruthless head of the family.

The most overly PC crime show ends on a similar note making the woman the boss. Horseshit

Ciaran hinds must be delighted he's out of this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

The finale was awful. Seriously disappointed about the show. The only believable characters were Eamon and yer man in jail, maybe the older Kin sister as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Emmet j scanlan is honestly the worst actor I've seen. Plenty of good performances in this though just the writing is dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think her acting has been very decent though I agree with the criticism of Anna and Jimmy.

And it's one hell of an Autumn for Clare Dunne. Effectively the lead in this, a decent role in the Matt Damon movie The Last duel plus she co-wrote and played the lead in Herself which got a full European cinema release (North America last year). Still only 33, she's got a pretty decent career on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

And yet 500k are tuned in every week. If 90% of the audience hated it you'd have seen those figures drop 450K. They haven't, the negative posters here are unrepresentative of the viewing public and season two is on the way.

Advertisement