Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,320 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's so Wintery and Dark out at seven o'clock here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was visiting the folks today and on the way I pass Ballymagarvey House Hotel and noticed they have started to decorate the entrance to the grounds in readiness for Christmas.

Don't know what date they will turn on the lights but I have to say it is one of the nicest set ups I have ever seen, when you pass it at night it is like a scene from a Hollywoood movie. Magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Back from almost a week away and feeling somewhat revived. Seems to be busy on the forum!

When leaving the hotel one of the staff said that as they would not see us have a merry Christmas. My OH looked at me and rolled her eyes knowing how much I would have enjoyed that.

Bought more stuff for the elves, peppa pig play house, paw patrol walkie talkies, and a santa's visit lego set.

Costa

Also, I meant to say enjoy ye're last week of Summer time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Too many in here to tag 😄😄😄

@Autosport I saw that earlier and thought of all of ye!

Halloween decs this week and then shuffle the Christmas stuff to the front of the shed. Going to by new garland this year and a tree for outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Some pictures from my trip to The Range in Coolock this morning. They were still finalising the display on a few shelves, but I think they have most of their stock out.

I wasn't sure what I was looking for, so limited myself to a few bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh wow!! I'll have to take a trip 😊 I love any wooden type decorations and they've a few nice bits there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Temptation 😍😍😍😍

Does The Ranger ever have sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Yes, loads of lovely wooden pieces, and very reasonably priced too. I was looking for a light up window decoration and a new garland, but I didn't get either. I did get two lovely small wooden decorations, I think I'll be back though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Busy few days starting to strip out kitchen. House a messy and wreaked already, going to be a long week! Didn’t even get out to enjoy the nice sunshine 🙁.

Hope all had a nice long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any news on Cadburys and Nestle Christmas range ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaargh, although I love this time of year it is very hard to get out of bed during these dark mornings. 😖

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don't forget the clocks are going back this weekend, so brighter mornings!!

I went to the gym for a 6.30am class this morning, dark going, dar coming home. Great craic haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

This morning was the first morning I needed to turn on the light in my office, It’s very dark.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We have a whole thread on the Christmas Food range for 2021 here and Cadbury and Nestle get some mentions :)

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058111222/christmas-chocolates-sweets-and-food#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've ordered twice off Shein....got some really nice Christmas jumpers last week for less than a tenner each:

https://eur.shein.com/Christmas-Tree-And-Slogan-Graphic-Sweatshirt-p-2967770-cat-1773.html

I think the order took about a week and a half for delivery. Quality is ok, I always size up...I have found that the arms can be a bit short in some items but I can live with that.

• Advertisement

I got into the car at six o'clock and the auto lights came on because it was so dark.

It's mad to think it will be like that at 5 o'clock next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm heading to Spain next Monday and will be there until end of November. Will be heading full on into Christmas mode when i get back. Still have holidays to use up so I've also taken a few days leave for mid Dec.

Can't we're into the 50's!

I'm looking at my calendar and there's so many Christmassy or preparation things that I'll be doing and the time will fly.

I am almost at the point that its arrivng too fast. I havent decided what we are doing the 23-26th!! I also need to start thinking of the OH's presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Comes too fast every year for me no matter how much I say I’ll be more prepared. Life gets in the way!!

Where I live there is a definitive timeline of Halloween, US thanksgiving, then Christmas. So if searching for what's on for Christmas its difficult to get info for anything past thanksgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

morning All

How was everyone’s weekend? I feel like Christmas is on at the moment like it’s just been switched on, even though Halloween hasn’t past yet, there’s just a lot of about that people are nearly finished, even have things wrapped (people that normally wouldn’t be all Christmas if you know what I mean)

I had a good weekend first lunch out away from the baby with a pal Saturday, breakfast out Monday I got Christmas clothes for the bambino had a look in Smyths too picked some bits for her now but picked up a catalog too

Don’t want to ruin the mood here but I didn’t realise the time limit was still on sittings while dinning out we only had the table for 1 hour 45 minutes they did push it out to 2 hours but I haven’t came across it but my pal said it’s the norm

Thanks @CheerLouth re Shein 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Time limit is gone officially but some restaurants have kept it as it allows them to get more people in. It's very frustrating but understandable given they were closed for so long. All the same, I haven't gone back to any restaurant that has kept the time limit as if I'm out I want to relax.

@Caranica yes too right, you want to relax spending your hard earned cash

I love an afternoon tea but if this applies there’s no way we would get an afternoon tea done in an hour 45 minutes 😂

• Advertisement

In other news I got baby’s first Xmas decoration and a Mam and Dad one too so cute, I can’t believe it

Advertisement