Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭bloopy

Which is why we stop calling them certs and start calling them what they are - a licence.

You ask a question and then just refuse to accept an honest answer to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭watchingfromafar

I feel you won't get answer to this and be called a conspiracy theorist.

Even if this happened lots of people who would just double down and call it a choice.

Sadly people have not considered how far they would actually go and are not thinking ahead.

I was called a crazy person for suggesting vaccine passes in 2020 on reddit Ireland so I am too aware of how goal posts can move.

But that is their choice ;)

Honestly it probably wont ever go that far, but we should all do the mental exercise of questioning what we will draw the line at and why.

this vaccine has not gone through any of standard testing protocols, they've broken their own precedent to rush a product to market, a product we don't understand the risk of, nor the effectiveness of

Yet another outright liar so

Fair enough. But assuming you wanted to go to lunch with the girlos lol what would you do?

• Advertisement

Because it would be a crime and against the law if you did.

It's not a crime to not get a vaccine, nor should it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The vaccine was untested. The exact same reasoning many people nowadays refuse a vaccine.

If they don't then it makes for serious questions as to why natural immunity is being ignored in favour of a product which replicates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

No the previous poster compared antisemitic propaganda to 'unvaccinated are a source of disease' propaganda - then you complained that unvax'd aren't sent to gas chambers so (in your mind) the point is invalid.

In fact the propaganda and rhetoric has taken on a scapegoating tinge to it but the ordinary Irish person tunes it out and regards it as fake bullshit.

Last winter, if enough had gone along with the scapegoating narrative of some weirdos there could have been violence against people perceived to be breaking restrictions.

Idiots and wastrels including on boards wanted mass arrests, the army rounding people up etc. Thankfully only a handful of wreckers, not the general population, were willing to throw away a century of civil peace like it was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Someone posts that Holohan is literally running our lives. I post that he literally isn't. You say he will be when the 5km restriction comes back. I demonstrate that that still won't have an effect on me...and somehow that translates to, "I'm alright Jack." No. That translates to Holohan isn't running my life.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Well, we are talking about restrictions here so that was my point that those are the rules.

It's probably down to the data that we have at the moment, scientific studies have shown up to 9 months of immunity from the recovered while no real data exists for that on vaccines

Sometimes I wonder if the vaccines are actually waning or if it's just the weather changing, driving us all indoors and a lack of ventilation arising from that

Except I didn't say that at any stage. Yet again, words being twisted to suit an agenda.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yes and I am merely questioning the rules. which to me make no sense in this case.

Yes we have no long term data on natural immunity or vaccine immunity as sarscov2 is new.

What we do know is that people who had SARSCOV1 had some level of immunity 17 years later.

But it doesn't answer why we can be so cock sure of the vaccine immunity and then up an expiry date on the natural immunity?

If the argument is "we dont have enough data" then should the vaccines have a default expiry date as the natural immunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

So even though you mention this huge numbers of excess deaths being due to various other illnesses and suicides you have really nothing to back that up other than your own opinion.

Statistics have nothing to do with keeping anyone comfortable, nor are they anything to do with UN or anyone else`s estimates. Or indeed with your guesswork on excess deaths or what constitutes a Covid death. They are simply facts, and the fact is that for 2020 Eurostat figures for the EU/EEA countries found that primarily excess deaths were caused by Covid.

I can see why you do not like statistical facts because when it comes to excess deaths and your guesswork they really are not your friend.One country I was particularly interested in because of their original herd immunity strategy was Sweden. They have a very stringent policy of what qualifies as a Covid death and for 2020 had 9,358 excess deaths compared to the previous year, (an increase of 10.5%). Off those excess 9,358 deaths, Sweden had for the same period 9,817 Covid deaths. You can dish statistics all you like, but it is very clear what the cause of those excess deaths primarily was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭celt262

Time to stop reading these threads the posting is getting more ridiculous by the hour.

It's not really "conspiracy" though if it's being openly discussed by the WEF, is it?

They're the same group who predicted the boosters, vaxx passport etc. They've been right all along, so it's wise to listen to those who have a track record at being correct.

They have a lot of influence over governments. Varadker was part of their "Global Young Leaders" programme.

Anyway, I feel you're right in that most people would accept that "choice", should it come down the line.

I read your posts a while back before making an account, it did come across as "I see no issues as I hop over the boarder to have a pint"

That was just my take away. From outside looking in a few months ago.

Do you think restrictions should all be removed right now?

Trying to smooch someone with a few drinks in you isn`t that far off requiring a licence nowadays 😏

Yes I have seen the video where they said we wouldn't be eating meat anymore. Or owning nothing and being happy?

This was in late 2020 I think.

Claire Byrne eating insect burger on live tv recently...makes you wonder if its all just a coincidence.

They do all meet in international leaders conferences with Claus. Who knows..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

I'd like to say I'm surprised by the hand-waving of the deaths of a quarter-million children.

Alas.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Would you protest to remove them or just let things go as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Interesting. Fair. That's your choice

How many and in how short of time frame until you said no more?

Like if they said its everything 3 months to stop you spreading. Or 6 months even?

I would love to say that I am surprised by people posting their own musings and quesswork attempting to sell them as undeniable truth, but alas in your case in particular on Covid and excess deaths that is not even vaguely possible.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/mind/will-nudged-winter/

This is an interesting article on how behavioural sciences have been used to "nudge" people along. A polite way of saying propaganda, but whatever.

At this point, Plan B looks inevitable. For Patrick Fagan, a behavioural scientist at Goldsmiths, University of London, it’s a classic example of what he calls the “foot-in-the-door” technique. “Firstly, it makes us accept Plan A, because compared to Plan B, it looks more reasonable,” he told me. “Then, once we have accepted and acclimatised to Plan A, we are more likely to then accept Plan B, because it is just one extra step on top of the commitment we’ve already made.” He also thinks discussion of Plan B might help ministers with the “exposure effect... simply by talking about the measures... the Government makes them more familiar and therefore more psychologically acceptable”.

UK-centred article, obviously, but you'll notice many "nudges" in hindsight (two weeks to slow the spread) and many current ones, including "draft dodgers" to refer to people who haven't received an mRNA injection, talk of "enjoying Christmas" which plants the idea that Christmas may be at risk leading to a greater willingness to accept restrictions when they come along. We "hope" we won't need to bring in more restrictions. etc.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Sure, go ahead and correct me, then.

What do you think is the collateral damage of the restrictions we've had?

Dave Cullen's latest video on Bitchute is about that. He says that NPHET propose heavy restrictions and then people are grateful when the government introduces measure that are slightly less restrictive. When you take everything away from people they're happy with a few crumbs, unfortunately.

Of course he won't get an answer, even though he's spot on. It continues to be the gigantic elephant in the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I don;t think it matters what rules they forge, somebody is always going to be unhappy to be fair

Advertisement