Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA 2K21

• 20-10-2021 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭

As this went free* on PS Plus, I've been giving it a quick go and actually enjoying it, great balance between sim & arcade, definitely more forgiving than The Golf Club games. Anyway, I setup a society 'Boards.ie Club' with a current event, Thieves Landing, a new course created by other devs and the community. Haven't tried it my self so should be something new for everyone.

Feel free to join the society and put up a score on the course, the event is open for 7 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Damien360

Have you set rules for putting/difficulty etc or is that there when you join ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Left everything at default, was so many options, i left everything on what i think is easy to kick things off on case it's anyone's first time playing the game. If this event goes well, can up the difficulty in future ones.

Also, you probably might know more about the game than me, of there are any club options you think should be changed, let me know. One thing i don't want is the option to preview your putt so you can tell how to set up the shot instead. Will have another look at the options tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I just joined there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Will join tonight. Love the game.

Might be worth password protecting the Society if possible just to stop random killers coming in to snipe easy coins for a win.

• Advertisement

I had an absolute stinker at Thieves. 18 over par. *Hangs head in shame*

I was gonna make it private but figured what randomer would join. I'll see if i can make it private later.

Well at least we have a score to beat now, nice one man. Is the course fun at least?

Yeah it's a nice course bro. I rushed my game so maybe if I was a little bit more patient, I would have did better. I'm happy I tried it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just shot a 15 under

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Got this at the weekend as well and just joined there now.

Thanks for setting it up @Zero-Cool .

"Just shot a 15 under"

And now I'm leaving😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'll give it a bash tomorrow. If anyone wanders into this fourm, if you have a Gmail account go to Stadia.google.com and sign up for the free Pro trail and the game is free for the month. Can play it on any laptop, phone or chromecast.

Just logged on, i can see 6 members but only 3 scores so far. Buzzin (Jordan) at +2 and unevenian and muchtoold3. Anyone here are those users? Just me the society private so i guess i have to approve new members.

Also who's ozymandiaz and xzaviermcd. Might make some admins to help out with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just shot a 9 under. Some very tough greens. 13th and 18th are very sloped on all sides. Nice course.

muchtooold3

Some seriously good players amongst us. Time for me to practice practice practice.

Well that was a lot of fun and relaxing too can blitz through a round which is good. Lovely course all together but yeah, that dip behind the green on 18 is a fecker. I finished on +8, so many razor thin misses but some bad shots as well, looking forward to improving my game.

Thanks for jumping on and giving it a go lads

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, getting my footing with this society thing. I tried creating a new event but i can't create one in the same schedule as the previous so b have to wait until the 27th for the next one which is a bit of a balls. Anyone know a way around this? Suggestions welcome!

The good news is it will be played at Craggy Island (i hope whoever made it is good at creating courses :D ) and putt preview is disabled. I thought it already was so turns out it can be used in the first event, live and learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

I joined earlier after picking up the game last week on PS Plus.

The game is quite good and will pass a few hours no doubt.

PSN Xaviermcd 😀

This game is so relaxing to play. Played another three games last night, improving with each game I played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sent request - DavidJK

Thanks!

Accepted there but i think you have to accept again as it says you're still pending.

Trying out craggy Ireland without putt preview on my lunch, it'll make for interesting numbers

Finally finished a 6 hour round! Started earlier and had workmen call to do a job outside and then my parents called over. Kids were roared at to leave my game alone as well.

Haven't played a golf game in years until the weekend but I had been doing ok since then at it. The course was nice but damn those greens scared the sh1t out of me.

Luckily I didn't leave to many approach shots far away as I was terrified from anything over 8 feet and managed a bogey free round of 9 under.

Fair play to you @duploelabs , you must be the Tiger Woods of this game to shoot your score, well played.

Taking part in the FedEx Championship at the moment. Of the seven tournaments I entered, I won three of them including back-to-back victories.

A long long way to go, but if I'm playing the way I am at the moment, I am bound to be champion.

• Advertisement

Thanks, been a bit reliant on the putt preview but turned it off today and scored a 8 under, very tricky greens

I think it's time to step away from the playstation!

I will take a rest from the golf until the next Boards tournament which I am going to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

@Zero-Cool request sent to join. Someone needs to put Jordan in his place ;-)

p.s. probably won't be me...

I won't be on tonight but made anyone who joined the last couple of days an admin if anyone's on and can approve the request?

I added you there Jim.

Is someone else here gbalfe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Thanks. Thought I had a pretty decent round at 5 under until I saw the other scores! Got me first eagle in the game so far, but also me first double bogey - thensome dodgy putting let me down, enjoyable course tho. See thee at Craggy...

I searched that in boards and belongs to user messi19 of someone can add them if they get a chance today please? Not sure when I'll be able to get on. Thanks for adding Jim Jordan.

I will add messi19 later. BTW if anyone else wants to join, stick your names down so I can add a good few of you in one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Meeeeee..... petesintact

I'm horrible at it 😂

Petes and gbalfe accepted.

• Advertisement

Looking at the Thieves Landing result, three players finished at -9.

I left Putt preview on by accident which lets you see where you're putt is going to go so you can readjust for an easier putt. It's turned off for Craggy Island, those scores will be interesting.

I like how fast you can get through a round with the fast forward button. It's nice to see the shots play out but if you're limited on time, it's a good way to squeeze in a round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

is this cross play lads???

It doesn't look like it, Google seems to say no but if anyone on a platform other than PlayStation wants to check, the society to search for is 'boards.ie club'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

What's even trickier is that the greens on craggy Island are all over the shop, the flat areas around the hole on the green where you've to land your lay up are minimal, and the high winds on the course make hitting those areas even harder.

But it does make the play a lot more rewarding

Welcome aboard. I'll add you tonight or sometime tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

When is the Craggy Island Tournament starting ?

I think the 27th Oct. I set the first one to 7 days to give people though time to join and set a score and i planned to have multiple simultaneously but you can only have one at a time. I have the Craggy Island one set to 3 days, will see how the goes, might pick a base course from the game for the 3rd if Craggy is a **** show but if anyone has suggestions on courses, feel free to share :)

The course in Scottsdale, Arizona is one of my favourites. Love the mountains and the desert setting there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement