Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Is he stupid or just brain damaged from the MMA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Well he's finished in the UFC anyway, one inevitable Poirier loss away from retiring for good. Maybe he can go box one of the Paul brothers but that's about it.

He has made a lot of money but that's all he really has, he's an insecure individual with small man syndrome.

We'll be watching a documentary years from now, the fall of Conor Mcgregor would be my best prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

In a video posted on his Instagram, the DJ wrote: “[McGregor] attacked me without motivation after we talked for more than two hours and we also had fun together.

“I could have shut up and not said anything to anyone, but since I’m here to tell it, I must say that that person is really violent and dangerous.” 

Facchinetti's wife Wilma, who was present at the party and alleged altercation, posted a series of text pictures on her own Instagram page saying: “Luckily, he [Francesco] was very close so he [McGregor] couldn’t load up on his punch.

“Francesco flew back, fell on the table, and then on the ground. The first thing that came to mind was ‘are we kidding? Is it a show?’ 

“Then I was paralysed,” she added.

“I turned around and saw that his friends were holding him against the wall because he wanted to continue beating Francesco.

If this is true this guy is seriously dangerous and needs to be jailed, how a professional MMA fighter wants to beat up non professionals ??? WTAF - he could literally kill someone ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Personality disorder, narcissism - whatever it is, the guy is a spiritual and moral midget. His athletic career is at a dead-end and the money is more a danger to him than anything else now. If he booked himself into a high-end rehab clinic for 6 months to dry out and straighten himself out there may be some prospect of redemption, but his personality won't allow it.

Tyson Fury is a good template to follow (although he wasn't going around randomly assaulting people as far as I'm aware), and Fury had and has a mental strength (mock it if you want) and faith that McGregor lacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Moral midget is a fine description.

His behaviour is that of an absolute scumbag.

There's two mile of ditch for every mile of road. This tramp has covered alot of mileage, he'll eventually run out of luck, no question

• Advertisement

He's high as a kite on white.

His money has insulated from criticism from the MMA community in Ireland, the main gyms are run by his former team mates, his coach John Kavanagh is rich off the back of him so won't say a word about his behaviour, he is bank rolling grass roots MMA now by picking up the tab for international competitions.

One scumbag act is righted with an act of philanthropy, there's a 50k donation about to come out for some child with an incurable illness, watch.

I **** love this quote about the Kinahans, I'm stealing that. Such truth in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

The Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk of uuu!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

Katie Taylor is a national hero

McGregor is a national embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Sorry. I really fail to see what point you’re trying to make here? I think you should educate yourself on McIlroy or any other sportsperson before you compare them to that thug McGregor.

McIlroy is one of the all time greats of golf. McIlroy is chasing majors and wants to cement his legacy as one of the greats of the game. To really confirm that you’re talking absolute nonsense I suggest you watch his interview after the Ryder Cup singles match last month. If you think that’s a fella driven only by money then you haven’t a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sounds like he's now just a rich coke head?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I've been saying for years he'll be bankrupt before he's 40..

I imagine him fighting a Panda on live TV some day. 🐼

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The WWE is where he will be next - big money in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Much of a clown as he is I sincerely doubt he'll go bankrupt. He seems to be making fairly good investments and not ridiculously splurging relative to his wealth. He appears to be very interested in constantly investing and making more and more money.

Have seen some fairly feeble suggestions that he'll lose it all over a drug habit. The man's not going to hoover up $400m of drugs.

He's insufferable, arrogant and clearly has a nasty side but that doesn't mean he's stupid or financially reckless. I mean look at Jon Jones, still plenty money despite being basically a blueprint for post-Mayweather Conor.

Hasn't made a fraction as much money as Conor, regularly getting arrested, known for domestic abuse and battery of women generally, famed for his eternal hunger for cocaine. Just a complete grade A clown, but a great fighter and still has money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

You'd wonder if you should even be jealous of the scrotes wealth, I don't think so any more. He's a deeply troubled angry individual and unhappy. I'm comfortable with my income and my very modest net value but I've enough money to do all of the things I need and most of the things I want. If asked if I would prefer to be in my happy position or have whatever number of millions and be a coked up, hated, knacker like him, I'll stay where I am thanks very much. Vatican for a christening, did you ever hear such nonsense. That stuff doesn't make you happy just because it's expensive.

Embarrassed that I initially liked him. Didn't last for long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

160 plus million is a lot of money

I don't think you have thought that through

Its the people who buy into this dogshite are sad really and I don't just mean the UFC

He made a tonne from selling a shite whiskey into an over saturated whiskey market, there are people making a fortune from feckin GIN

RYAN REYNOLDS....

How is this even a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yep it's an extraordinary sum of money, I'm probably selling my house in January and moving in with the fiancé, I've about 170k in equity, I've no other real liquid assets worth talking about, few quid in a savings account and pension on track, car fully paid for, which means mcgregor is approx 1,000 times wealthier than me and I'm sure his wealth is increasing faster than mine. But I honestly have nothing to spend the 170k on at the moment, so I have no money worries, I'm just comfortable and no desire to have 1000 times more money. Ive said this to people in my life too so it's not just an Internet claim.

I don't want a mansion in kildare and fighting the council to build an extension, I don't want christenings in the Vatican,I don't want a bmw i8 and Bentley and rolls Royces parked outside doing nothing. I don't want 4 bodyguards walking me down the street, 1 of them holding my drink while people look at me.

I want my semi D in a housing estate, I want a local christening, I want my audi saloon car which I like, I want to walk down the road unnoticed and go for pints without people bothering me.

His life is a shitshow. His country hates him bar some other scrotes that still hail him as a hero.

No numbers on a screen can make up for that. I'd feel sorry for the twat if his shitshow of a like wasn't of his own making.

I look forward to watching him get KO'd again by Poirier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭buried

Christening in the Vatican flol

They probably tried to pay for a gigantic bouncy castle in St. Peters square to go with it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Honestly I doubt the numbers, he's wealthy but not half a billion wealthy.

He won't go bankrupt anyway there is too much easy Money out there for fighters now. He's finished in mma but he can go box the Logan brothers, Mayweather or someone for ludicrous money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

He was never a good fighter to begin with. Got lucky in a few of his fights and was shown up in his losses. A grade a tool and so are his fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭buried

He should ask the Vatican what price is it to fight the Pope. They also love the auld greasy cash money, so they'd be well up for live streaming that sort of noise too.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

The Pope would probably take him at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

I’ve mentioned this a few times on the various threads that have done the rounds on this muppet.

He is insanely wealthy. He is not a good business man, he is not a business man full stop. He is a wealthy puppet and that’s all he is. The number of people/corporations that have made as much, if not more, money than him is off the charts. He is the perfect fit for commercial success and people have absolutely cashed in on him. He hasn’t a brain in his head but it doesn’t matter, he doesn’t need one. He’s been/being/will be exploited for a long time and as long as he continues to make money for people then we’re going to keep seeing him unfortunately. His brand value is not what it was, but it’s still very high. But, no reputable company will have him, his last deal with Reebok expired and they pulled the plug with no new contract offered. Look at proper athletes that have the equal or higher status, they have multiple deals with multiple brands. No company will touch this ape.

Major endorsement deals with high end athletes can often turn into contracts for life. Nike with Tiger Woods and Ronaldo and Adidas and David Beckham. They’re all signed for life and will have money rolling in forever. McGregor has his piss whiskey as his earner because it’s an easy win for his puppet masters. Gullible idiots with too much money spunk money on pissy whiskey. He’s a joke in the sporting world and will soon be forgotten about in that world. We’ll see his mangled tinker face for a long time though because he’s going to try so desperately hard to stay some way visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Saying he got lucky in his fights just shows you up as not having a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Advertisement

Advertisement