Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jordo1993

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭tphase

DHL are part of the Deutsche Post DHL group, so you could say they are partnered with the German post office but not with An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Actually, there are multiple parts to Deutsche Post DHL Group (DHL is a large company with different business which include the German Post and DHL Express Couriers)

If the sender in Germany for example uses DHL Päckchen, Paket or Easy Paket which are part of the postal system than you will get it eventually via AnPost in Ireland.

If the sender uses DHL Express (Business) or Express Easy (Consumer) than it will be delivered by DHL Ireland.

So, in case of DebtCollector ordering it from Japan, that delivery is DHL Express and comes via DHL Ireland (yellow vans with red marking) as it's the courier part.

before DHL were amalgamated with/taken over by Deutsche Post, they were a very disjointed outfit. They have improved a bit but in the past they operated like a group of completely separate companies who happened to use similar branding. You couldn't ship freight using a DHL express account, if you wanted to do import/export it required a different type of account than if you were only doing in-country shipments and their on-line shipping systems didn't seem to be connected to their main databases. The amalgamation with Deutsche Post seems to have improved their organisation quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jordo1993

DHL has a partnership with An Post. International shipments will be collected from the sender and brought into Ireland by DHL. The delivery is then handled by An Post.

• Advertisement

the receipt from the reg post will show the date of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Been waiting nearly a week for something to arrive from Dublin to Cork. Ordered it last Tuesday from a Dublin shop and was shipped the same day. I even got the text from AnPost Tuesday night saying it'll be delivered the next day. A week later, still waiting. The tracking says it's in Portlaoise but that hasn't been updated since Friday.

A total joke of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Had a package hit Ireland on the 16th September, every other day it gets 'sorted' and they tell me they have my mail. Can I have it an post? please?

Parcel sent from Dublin to Galway was first sent to the US and has now been in Canada for the past three days. An Post saying theres nothing that they can do until its sent back by Canada post. Asked Canada post and they won't deal with it since its not being delivered to or from Canada 🙄

If this ever makes it to me it will be the most miles a domestic package has ever taken to get to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,245 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's easily the most bizarre thing I've read on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Have an order that was being sent back that now says "received by An Post". I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest. Still have an other EU order stuck in customs since the 15th.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Amazon order from last Wednesday due to be delivered last Friday. Only initial 'Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12' scan and nothing since. Received a text on Thursday saying it would be delivered on Friday too. Didn't think they were this busy, doesn't bode well for the Christmas period

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Got the text yesterday (Sunday) at about 5pm, Amazon parcel delivered this morning. I must be very lucky as all of my parcels are on time or early. It only dispatched from Amazon on Saturday.

Knowing my luck mine is lost 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

Standard post from cork to Waterford sent Monday , how long does this usually take ? An post say they deliver next day 😂😂😂 , I’ve seen express take three to four days so I won’t hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 8 houseshare naas

Had a parcel from Europe arrive in Dublin mail centre and then get forwarded on to athlone mail centre even though It’s going to a Dublin address. Was there a mess up with the address on the senders side or is this Normal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I've been waiting on something that was shipped from The Netherlands on 1st November. The tracking on PostNL gets it as far as 3rd November "this item is on transport to the country of destination- IRELAND". And it has disappeared since then. An Post tracking just says "we don't have your parcel".

Any thoughts? Is it lost in transit? Is this now standard postal delay? Or is it time to follow up with the retailer?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If its coming from China, you’re in the wrong thread. Have a look here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118149620#Comment_118149620

no need to re-post, but have a look through a couple of pages and it should give some insight into what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Looks like An Post is on the offensive & passing the blame back on other countries...

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/1123/1262633-an-posts-mark-mcredmond/

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Advertisement

Still no sign of this parcel and no update on tracking. Its country of origin is Netherlands. Company is saying that there are "long delays on post to Ireland". An Post just say they don't have it still.

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭robwen

I was waiting 5/6 weeks on package from Netherlands ordered in September came end of October, big delays in Netherlands but when it eventually made it to Ireland it arrived quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I can't complain about delivery times from Germany recently, it's taking around 4-6 days.

My parcel arrived yesterday, so it took 25 days to come from the Netherlands. It disappeared into a no tracking black hole between the 3rd Nov (PostNL - parcel on shipment to country of destination) and 24th Nov (PostNL - parcel arrived in country of destination). An Post tracking picked it up on the 25th and delivered the 26th.

So it looks like it may be a PostNL issue rather than An Post. But crazy times for shipping a small item within EU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Yep - whilst you may have a final scan from PostNL - that just means it has been processed to the international dispatch holding area. It then has to wait for space.

But with good air service back up and running, there should be no long delays. I suspect it just got stuck inadvertently.

On a positive note, my niece and nephew got their letters from Santa Claus House in Alaska yesterday. They were posted from Alaska on Tuesday. Santa must have a special express service.

Have an order that was shipped on Thursday with An Post and tracking still states they haven't received the parcel, looks like Christmas delays are in full swing already

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Yeah Christmas delays definitely started, I sent something express post on Tuesday, and it's only out for delivery today (Dublin to laois)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Waiting for an international delivery that landed in Ireland nearly two weeks ago. Grrrr. So frustrating. And no, An Post, you didn't "try to deliver mu post".

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Cookiee

I sent a registered (national) letter today, will be interesting to see how long it takes to be delivered, considering my last registered parcel took 6 days when usually is next day!

Also kinda concerned for this registered letter because it looks like the post office employee didn't apply the registered label fully on the envelope, she peeled back about half the sticker and stuck half of it down to the envelope, and left the other half sticking up with the peelable paper still stuck to it- so basically half the label was stuck down and now I'm worried it's going to fall off and they lose my registered letter..

Post edited by Cookiee on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

There is no option to start a new thread so I figured best to get the most recent An Post thread.

I need to pay a customs charge but when I go to the An Post website I get “request blocked”

anyone know why this is?

Advertisement