Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go back to my post 10 posts before yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I saw that. The difference is that you know where yours is and as I said, there is no sign of mine on An Post's tracking.

How long after yours arrived in Ireland did it appear on An Post's tracking?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That thread i linked is for parcels that are being sent back to the US, UK, Japan, Australia with no attempt to clear customs…….Som people had tracking up until it disappeared once it was sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

You're dead right. I've been getting updates from USPS but they stopped once it reached Ireland. An Post's tracking never had an entry for it.

This morning I got an update from USPS to say it was back in the US :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It was more of a procedural point - what are they going to do if I don't pay? They can't seize it.

One item is delivered and I get a subsequent customs notice; and a second item (that is exactly the same) is then held up with a customs notice; its a lottery. And I've a third item that was delivered but the subsequent notice came four days later noting it'll be returned unless I pay customs.

• Advertisement

Depends on how organised An Post are. Any of the other couriers would red flag you next time and hold the next shipment until both are paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

Hi folks

Just wondering if an post contact you if have to pay a customs fee on a parcel? I noticed a parcel has appeared on the an post tracking. It says details have been sent to me, but haven't received any email, text etc

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

They e-mail and/or text you a notification and required reference to be able to pay on their website. You might want to reach out to them if it seems you didn't get either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's if the forms are correct. You may not even get a chance to pay it if the mystical customs forms were not filled out correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

Nope, will try the live chat tomorrow, I've heard nothing from them anyway

Hi, anyone know what time the live chat finishes at in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I am seriously fed up. I sent forms to the HSE on the 27th of August, and thought I had better send them by registered post since they are still in a mess from the hacking issues. I haven't heard back from the HSE so just checked my tracking and surprise surprise, the last update from An Post is "We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery" on the 31st of August.

This is going to cause serious issues for me since I now have no proof that we sent the fecking forms on time. Are An Post actually accountable to anyone? I can't even get through to speak to them.

Managed to pay the custom fee, although I was waiting on live chat for nearly 2 hours, which is ridiculous. Hopefully it will be delivered soon

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Have you a link to live chat?i only see a submit enquiry form along with a phone number that no-one picks up after an hour of trying today...i see it no where on the an post website

hi there, here it is, it's at the bottom of the page, during business hours (9 am-5.30 pm) https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us

You mean the submit enquiry form that they tell you thel be back onto you in 24 hours and and just state"""Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Team. Your enquiry is important and we will reply to you as quickly as possible.

Our Customer Service Team are available Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm and on Saturday 9am-2pm.

You can contact us in a few different ways.

You can send a message on Facebook using private messenger or send a direct message on Twitter @Postvox."""

Im not on any of these platforms-This is crazy service on their part

ah i see now the tiny icon at the corner for live chat-Thanks

Parcel arrived this morning 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone having delays with packages within Ireland also? I've a package from Kerry to Dublin sent yesterday, meant to come to Dublin today, but hasn't left Kerry yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, same. I've a passport that has been in the delivery office in Cork since Monday and it still hasn't got out for delivery. Went from Passport Office in Dublin to Cork quite quickly but just sitting in Cork since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Sent them an enquiry 3 weeks ago. They got back to me today, great service. Rang numerous times and no joy. Joke shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I'm seriously getting fed up with AnPost. I've an EU package stuck in sorting for over 10 days, I had a UK order recently that never showed up at all, and many other orders that have been stuck in sorting for far longer than they should be. It's beyond a joke.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

Yy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DebtCollector

Tried to use a personal shopping service to get a mail-order-only DVD from Japan, ended up getting sent back because of something to do with failing the electronic customs clearance. It seems like if every single little detail about the item(s) isn't being put down in the declaration, its getting sent back - which is deeply frustrating (On that note, the package I tried to get is back with the person who helped me buy it in Japan and I'm talking with them now about what to do next - would it work to get it sent to a friend in the UK and have them send it to me here or would it just get bungled up coming to Ireland from there as well? Should I hedge my bets using DHL to send it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Use DHL. Avoid An Post like the plague. Their scanning system is in a bit of a mess, they make up the rules as they go along regarding what codes/forms the sender needs to use when sending stuff from outside the EU, then blame the sender. Lots of people paying import vat and still having their items returned to sender with zero communication from An Post, eventually being lied to and told Customs would not clear it, even though an MRN lookup on Revenues site, shows it has cleared. If you are not asked to pay vat is sits for weeks and weeks in the Dublin sorting office. I have a parcel that has been sorted 16 times. Others are being charged import vat for good originating from Northern Ireland. An Post are clearly morons. Some online shops in the UK and other countries that use local postal services have now stopped shipping to Ireland. Their customer service is equally as bad. A shambles of a company. The media are very slow to take them to task about this whole fiasco and An Post continue to lie about how people don't understand the new rules since the 1st July and there is nothing they can do.

It's all in here, all 33 pages of it.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058200515/an-post-returning-packages-from-outside-the-eu-see-1st-post/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

• 26 Sep, 2021 19:06 ATHLONE MAIL CENTRE, CO WESTMEATH We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender. ATHLONE MAIL CENTRE, CO WESTMEATH
    • 24 Sep, 2021 16:56 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, Ireland Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    • 24 Sep, 2021 16:33 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, Ireland We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    • 24 Sep, 2021 16:32 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, Ireland Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    • 23 Sep, 2021 17:13  Customs clearance have identified a problem with the customs declaration accompanying your item. As such, the item must be returned to the sender.

This is absolute madness. I've never seen such incompetence in my life. Eventually, many places will stop shipping here and we'll all suffer because of it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Tell me about it. My parcel has now been sorted 17 times in the Dublin mail centre!! The good news is Ebay UK refunded me as seller kept ignoring me. I know not the sellers fault but he would not even reply when I asked what the process was when stuff doesn't arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 E34

Similar to my ongoing experience with AnPost. You could'nt make it up! I was on hold for 40 mins on the phone today, got to "number 1 in the queue" and they hung up as it went 5.30. Absolutely infuriating.

30 September 2021 21:36

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

29 September 2021 22:17

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

29 September 2021 08:07

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN 11,

29 September 2021 06:59

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in DUBLIN 11,

29 September 2021 02:15

29 September 2021 00:20

28 September 2021 20:42

Your delivery has been sorted PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

27 September 2021 13:07

27 September 2021 11:24

27 September 2021 07:40

Your delivery has been sorted PARK WEST, DUBLIN 12

24 September 2021 21:20

24 September 2021 21:16

24 September 2021 07:32

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in DUBLIN 11,

24 September 2021 07:32

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN 11,

23 September 2021 14:08

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

23 September 2021 13:06

We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

23 September 2021 13:05

Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

Advertisement