Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I'd leave it. Most of the Chinese stuff comes through the post so it arrives when it arrives. Looking at my order on Amazon it still shows an "expected delivery date" of early June. No indication that it was ever delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

no point messaging the seller, there is nothing they can do now. there is no point buying from chinese sellers on amazon. You can buy the same stuff from aliexpress for half the price and the same shipping times.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bearaman

I was surprised to find I couldn't purchase some digital albums for my daughter on amazon.co.uk, my cared card was refused. Seems like it needed to be registered to a uk address. So is buying digital music from amazon.co.uk impossible from Ireland? Can I use a gift card to do this? Any way around this?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭I am me123

Used an online parcel tracker ( for shippings from China) It said:

YunExpress

Contact

YunExpress

+86 400-0262-126

http://www.yunexpress.com/Cancel

YT2123601277011998

China to Ireland

In transit (18 days)

Shipment Updates

(in courier's local time)

Sep 22 2021 09:56 am

departure to country of destination

Sep 21 2021 10:30 pm

parcel is handled

Sep 10 2021 05:32 pm

delivery to local courier

Sep 10 2021 12:22 pm

Custom clearance completed

Sep 09 2021 06:44 am

Arrived at AIRPORT of Destination

Sep 07 2021 12:44 pm

Departed from AIRPORT of Origin

Sep 05 2021 11:11 pm

Arrive at international airport to abroad

CHINA

Sep 05 2021 02:11 pm

Departed Facility In processing center

SHENZHEN, China

Based on the above information does it look like I should get my parcel soon?

You'll be lucky to get it at all. Lots of posts about Chinese deliveries being returned

• Advertisement

As a counterpoint to this I haven't had a single package from china returned in I can't remember when, it has been so long.

It depends on the product type somewhat. You've a better chance getting it from Amazon than Ali Express/Wish as they don't pay a lot of postage and An Post let the containers sit for long times

It is coming via Belgium like a lot of Aliexpress items. I don't think the fact that it was bought on Amazon makes a difference. parcels are being returned because the customs declarations are not completed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 adamsm86

I've decided start selling on Amazon and was wondering if anyone on here has done the same. Online says it's relatively easy but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. If anyone on here could help with setting up VAT in the UK and how to set up as a sole trader in Ireland that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bearaman

Any info on this? I'm sure there must be some way to purchase digital music from Ireland but how??? Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Anyone having troubles with prime delivery? My package was due to be delivered on the 21st and the latest update I have for it says its started the customs clearance process in swords and customer service dont have any answers for me either, pretty shocking service considering the fact it defeats the purpose of having a prime membership in the first place

I ordered an item and the delivery date kept being changed. Today, I got a notification that my item is now lost! 😭. It was being sent from a seller China as far as I know.

I sent the seller a message making an enquiry about where my parcel is, and they replied, double checking my delivery address. The address they had for my order was incorrect, but I replied with my correct address and Eircode then

Has this ever happened to anyone buying from a seller on Amazon?

Is it likely I will now get my delivery?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i have always had Amazon delivery's arrives by An post just got a email from DPD we have your parcel, this is a first for me, more worryingly your parcel is going through customs process when i check tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I ordered 3 separate orders all in stock and sold by Amazon

18 Sep delivered today

21 Sep delivered today

21 Sep still awaiting dispatch with estimate delivery of 7th October

Were they all delivered by Amazon themselves or an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The 2 that I have received were an Post. The order that I placed 18 Sep was in Dublin postal hub since Monday so the delay seems to be with An Post. It took from Monday to Thursday for them to deliver

Mine are being delivered by amazon themselves so i have no idea what's happening, but in all fairness i havent seen the amazon vans popping about in my estate for a while now. Very strange situation

Hi.

I contacted the seller about my missing order. They are re issuing my order to me. They told me I should have it in 12 to 20 days. The original 'no show' order appears to be 'lost' according to 'My Orders' on the Website.

Has this ever happened before to anyone who bought an item from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rf4c

I wonder what you guys think of this, if anything!!

I was browsing Amazon for a few bit's and piece's I'm looking to buy.

In each and every case I got "Not Available" or "out of stock"!

When I change to my Addresspal details, I can have all I want of everything!

This must stink, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

All explained on the Amazon thread and nothing to do with An Post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rf4c

Sorry I'm an amateur with this!

Amazon thread? do you have a link?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had something delivered by UPS today. That's a first for me. All bar two watches that were sent An Post Express have been done by Amazon Logistics since they started last Octoberish. Proper ups tracking number starting 1Z. It was just an amazon basics cable, nothing fancy.

I had two orders this week delivered by An Post which was very unusual. Heading for 12 months of Amazon logistics now for everything other than S&S orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

My wife and I are part of the same Amazon household. I created the household, and my wife has an Amazon Prime membership. We know Prime benefits are limited compared to the UK, but we understand it should still be possible to share those benefits, at least for shopping, and hopefully for Prime Video (although for that we can at least just both log in with her account and say who's watching).

This is possible, right? How, specifically, can she share her Prime benefits with me? The links on the Manage Household pages just go round in circles, and at no point does she get the option to actually share them. (Hopefully it's not the case that only the head of the household can share with other members, but not vice versa?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭fjon

Two things that might be stopping you:

Doesn't work on student Prime accounts, if that is what you have

You need to enable shared payments between two adults.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

I know nothing about Pokemon cards but from quick views of youtube videos i have found that buying the boxes is generally better. I recently ordered a shining fates box and a pikachu v box as a gift and choose both fulfilled by amazon as their seems to be concern from reviews of resealed packs, wasn't even thinking about his until i read some reviews. I would have preferred to purchase locally but no one has them in stock here at all.

As i understand fulfilled by amazon is the product being stored in an amazon warehouse and then being shipped out on behalf of the seller. And since were aware of amazon fulfillment employees not even having the time to urinate, i'd imagine there's no chance of tampering since the seller never even gets their hands on the product. Unless of course someone bought them, opened and resealed and then returned for a refund. And the item was latter resold.

When they arrived i had no concerns about the shining fates elite box as i don't see any obvious signs of tampering and its shrink wrapped, even though I know its possible as re-shrink wrapping is very easy to do, but the pikachu box has me concerned. The box arrived partially open in one end, this end also has some damage along the edge of the flap, almost as if it was scrapped with a knife or something (IMG_1239). the other end seems to be correctly sealed from factory as its completely flush. Seeing this caught my attention so i looked closely at the booster packs within and they look tampered with to me as the seal looks off in the centre of the top of the pack.

Any experienced collectors here care to take a look at IMG_1234 and 1236? Is this bubbling in the centre of the seal normal or is it consistent with a resealed pack. should the consecutive seal pattern be clean and consistent from one end of the top of the pack to another.

I wrote a review of the product on amazon but they declined to post it citing "After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. It appears you reviewed shipping or packaging experience." I'd hardly think if a seller was somehow modifying such products before it got to the end consumer that, that would be a shipping or packaging issue.

Thanks

Post edited by slade_x on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Happy_Girl

Hiya! Sorry if this has been brought up/asked already. I was curious how things are working now with ordering from Amazon UK? I know An Post has them as paying DDP and that it should mean no extra charges but does this hold up? Do ye get charged extra before ye can collect/get the parcel delivered? I know there is a €3.50 fee for simply going through customs and I was wondering if that was all included. Sorry if this isn't the correct place.

there should be no extra charges with amazon. unless they screwed up somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Happy_Girl

Thank you!

• Advertisement

I should be clear that this applies to goods sold by amazon or fulfilled by amazon. There are sellers on amazon that ship from China. you may be charged VAT when orders from those sellers arrive.

Advertisement