Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Folks, any ideas what's happening with my account.

I'll try to keep this short.

• Got email saying I purchased some credits for PSN and other digital things
    • Checked bank and money was taken
    • After a few days I changed my password
    • Couple days later, same thing, more charges.
    • Again I change my password
    • Few days later I log in on the app on my phone - no problems it seems, straight in.
    • Few days later I try log in on desktop, it says the email I'm using already has another account. The only option it gave me was to activate that other account and it told me I'd lose orders etc if I did this. So I had no choice, I activated it.
    • I get into my account and of course order history etc is gone.
    • Now, I'm getting emails to say I have reviewed products. I got a raft of 4 emails at one time to say I reviewed some products I never bought. Again this morning I get another raft of fake reviews I never wrote. Now it does say amazon didn't publish them after review but who the **** is writing them?
    • In fact, I just noticed I got two more emails from Amazon. It seems to be sellers replying to me after I "enquire" about something.

Examples:

My son absolutely loves these! Great value for money, very sticky, easy to stick on and can cover a vast area if placed correctly.

Excellent shower head.

Excellent quality. Robustly made. Highly recommend .

I got these Halloween toys for my kids halloween party. The package includes rings, necklaces, bracelets and brooches, enough quantity for playing. Good quality and best for halloween costume accessories.

WTF is going on with my account? Amazon chat are useless. I told them about the hacking and false orders and they said they'd contact me within 24 hours and no reply.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You'll have to persevere with Amazon on this, not much anyone else can do. Ask them to call you or put you on to a supervisor.

Actually, went on desktop, my account is signed it but when I try to go to the chat, i need to enter password etc. Then tells me my account is locked.

I can't find an irish number?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks. After half an hour on chat they're going to email me within 48 hours....same thing I heard last time and got no reply.

It's very annoying, now I try logging in and same thing as before comes up, that There is another Amazon account with the e-mail XXXatgmail.com but with a different password. The e-mail address has already been verified by this other account and only one account can be active for an e-mail address. The password you signed in with is associated with an unverified account.

Then it forces me to reactivate the account..didn't do it this time though.

• Advertisement

There is an option in the link there to get a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Hello,

driving me nuts again. cant sign in to my Amazon account.

I have a dumb phone and I have 2 step verification on my account. Amazon send a 'link' to tap which I cannot do of course. I simply want a numerical code sent. I click servce for help it just sends me round in circles again and again.

any advice out there.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Does your email or possibly the other email have a dot in the middle eg pussy.hands@gmail and pussyhands@gmail

This is still an issue and possibly something to check

https://jameshfisher.com/2018/04/07/the-dots-do-matter-how-to-scam-a-gmail-user/

Thanks but no, email is correct :(

Amazon came back and said they found nothing suspicious but I'm not convinced..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Has anyone had an order from Amazon be delivered by UPS? It's a bit strange as usually Amazon deliver to me themselves. I'm just wondering if there would be any charges? Presumably Amazon would refund as they say what you pay at checkout is the maximum.

Another question

Has anyone ordered something through AddressPal were there would be no VAT due, books etc? As An Post are doing the importing, I'm hoping there would be no issues and just the €6.50 charge?

Post edited by Wheety on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

@Pussyhands can you still get into your account? Change your email password and make sure there are no forwarding rules on it. On Amazon in account settings, in security you can log out of all devices. Then change your password and set up 2 factor authentication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

I had an Amazon.com order delivered by UPS recently. There were no extra charges. It was stuck in customs for over a week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭I am me123

Do Amazon deliver on Saturdays?

When the estimated delivery date arrives does the order disappear from ' My Orders' on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Yes they do, I've had them call at 9am before. Date usually stays until actually delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They deliver 7 days a week now. I've gotten deliveries from Amazon on a Sunday evening since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭briany

Since they moved away from An Post to their own logistics network, they now deliver pretty much every single day of the week. It wouldn't surprise me if there were gifts arriving on Christmas morning this year.

On the one hand, getting delivery any day of the week as an rule seems to me a sign of rampant consumerism which is likely helping to destroy our planet. But on the other hand.... seriously handy getting delivery of stuff on a Sunday when I'm more likely to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭briany

My email said that my order ( arriving today by 8pm) was being delivered by Yun Express, does that mean it's coming by courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

Thank you.

What is Yun Express? Are you familiar with this?

• Advertisement

Anyone ever not recieve a package on the estimated delivery date on Amazon?

This just happened to me, and I was given a new estimated delivery timeframe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah, it happened a few times to me. One, it just said it would come the next day by 8PM. The other said it would come some time in the next 10 days.

Sometime Amazon source an item from a third party, China etc, this is when the delay takes place,no next day delivery.It will arrive,hopefully not with Fastway

Thanks so much.

Newbie to using Amazon here and was supposed to get package yesterday by 8pm (never arrived btw) then checked back on Amazon account, got an apology for it's no - show and got new estimated delivery timeframe.

Thanks so much.

Newbie to using Amazon here and was supposed to get package yesterday by 8pm (never arrived btw) then checked back on Amazon account, got an apology for it's no - show and got new estimated delivery timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Finding Amazon delivery times starting to drift.

Was looking at ordering a printer last Thusday. Item was in stock but when I went as far as checkout expected delivery date 06 Oct.

Ordered phone today. Same story . In stock and expected delivery 06 Oct.

Contacted customer service who were useless who just used the excuse of international delivery and had no answer to what am I paying Prime for?

Hi, me here again.

Still didnt recieve my package from Amazon after being given a further estimated delivery date (today) and it still has not arrived.

As far as I know it's coming from China. I messaged the seller directly on Amazon after the first no show , they said my package was in transit.

Anyone experiencing similar problems with Amazon deliveries lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Stuff coming from China is utterly unpredictable in terms of delivery dates, can be early, late or never arrives. Be prepared for customs fees as well. I ordered something from Amazon in May and it arrived the first week in July with a customs demand.

• Advertisement

Wow that was a late delivery! Should I message the seller again or leave it?

No delivery in post today either. If it's coming by courier, would I be informed by call, text or email? How do I get refund if I choose to?

Advertisement