Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Happy enough with the Big E cash in, would of loved to see him cash in against Roman but having him on Raw could boost the brand

Think we will never see New Day break up fully now unless we get a massive swerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anderson I Yvonne

You know, I think so too. I just wanted to support you and tell you about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

My only concern about Big E is what now? There's no big feud that jumps out to me bar the usual tired beats of Orton, Sheamus, McIntyre etc...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bobby rematch at Extreme Rules then isn't the draft coming up shortly? He's gonna be mainly in holding pattern till post Survivor Series now anyways with the Saudi event next month and whatnot.

I'd not be hugely surprised if him and Roman swapped brands with the draft either. Raw prob needs Roman more than Big E right now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There was rumours of the KOTR coming back soon and Woods has been pushing hard for it.

Have him win it and then a get title shot against Big E. It doesn't need to be a split in New Day, face vs face one PPV feud and shake hands afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Delighted for Big E, I just hope it is not a short reign like Kofi and Nikki

Jeff is still so over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Big E is great, long overdue win for him. Don't ruin it Vince.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don't hold your breath, the minute their ratings drop even more he'll blame it all on Big E.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I massively resented that we didn't get a Big E vs Kofi vs Xavier match during Kofi's run. Face vs face vs face, three buddies who throw everything they've got at each other, but hug it out in the end, respectfully. I'd love to get that now.

Could also see a New Day vs Bloodline match at Survivor Series too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

1.6m this week a drop from 1.8m last week so the hot shotting of the episode didn't work.

The key demo also dropped from 0.52 to 0.43 the lowest since July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭ThePott

Watched the main event and the cash-in.

Great moment, I do wonder if doing it on some random Raw sort of ruins it when I think it could have been monumental. That being said delighted for Big E. I do echo the concerns of others though, who else is the top of the card at Raw now, granted there should be a draft soon to spice things up but still.

Also heard someone suggest that Survivor series could be New Day vs the Bloodline and that is an amazing possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It allows Drew to go for the title again, doesn't it? Don't think he was allowed to face Lashley again. Either way at least we'll get someone else for a 10 match series.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I am a big fan of Big E and Im happy for him, I really am. The guy is a star.

But this all feels rushed and MITB is a tired device. The win feels underwhelming.

If they wanna make Big E a star, then this feels like a lazy approach. Very little build to this big win, it just feels hollow.

A poor Raw besides the main event angles. Lots of skippable content.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well Monday night football is back so not a surprise it went down because it always has in recent years.

Like beyond the ratings grab for a potential Big E cash in what else did Raw offer?

Evil doll battles?

Eva Marie in a ring?

Jinder and the lads in action?

Nothing to make a viewer stick around while channel hopping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's very obvious whose strong points aren't in data analysis here and who uses singular data points to further their personal preferred narrative, that's for sure. There are multiple reasons to explain behaviors observed and discounting factors should be applied for a number of factors. No single number really should be taken at face value.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Debateable.

It could have worked by virtue of retaining so much of the audience. Without the Big E stuff, the figures could have been much, much worse...

100 percent. I would believe that the Big E segment helped a bunch.

Without it, I think the number would be lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lot of Big E fans in here! :p

.... this is only my personal opinion but don't really care about him winning it. Would have meant more if he won it years ago or it could be cause to me he just feels like a caretaker champion.

I like Big E but one of the reasons I hate the MITB concept is that it just feels wrong the way a face cashes in after the champion has a match. It only works with heels for me when it's cashed in like that.

• Advertisement

My issue is with Big E winning is that, beyond winning the MITB ladder match, which had little build itself, they did very little with Big E since Mania.

Hes been feuding what seems like an eternity with Apollo Crews, he had a botched feud with Aleister Black that wad instantly dropped, hes been in plenty of tag matches that mean very little.

He did very little since winning the briefcase and he has yet to have a big singles match that presents him as the next star. His match at Summerslam was forgettable.

The execution of his title win is lacking. I cant see it improving from here and its a pity, because he has the makings of a big star.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Most of the time I'd agree but there are some exceptions where it just makes sense. Punk's first cash in on Edge for example. I think I'm ok with chalking this into the same category given he telegraphed the whole thing.

Makes Bobby look stupid mind you with Big E promising a cash in and him wandering around the ring instead of leaving immediately after his win... But hey ho thems the breaks.

The Almighty had a smile on his face while Big E was making his way down the ramp so that says everything about how well liked he is.

I said yesterday I don't know where Big E goes from here as there's no interesting challenger, but if they actually do a proper feud between Lashley and Big E that might just be what the latter needs to get legitimacy. MVP slating Big E week after week like he did this week could be stellar.

MVP has been a bright spot on a mostly a poor show week after week. I can see him and Lashley happy to put Big E over.

Big E isnt a main eventer yet, nor has he been presented as one. Compare him to Roman, Edge, Seth, Orton and Drew and hes not presented as being on their level. That needs to change if he is to succeed. He needs main event matches and to be put over clean.

If they have him lose to challengers before title defenses he has very little chance of getting over.

I can see Seth coming to Raw to challenge him.

Preferably, Id like to see a heel Edge put him over

I still wonder if he'll end up back on Smackdown post draft. I can see them wanting to boost Raw with Roman potentially. I don't particularly want Roman switching, but if say the Bloodline and New Day switch brands you can still do your Survivor Series match...

I think they will do a switch. Some wrestlers just fit right on a brand so I think a switch would suit both teams. Roman on a Friday night seems like a waste and that's no disrespect meant.

I can see Pat McAfee switching to Raw as well if commentators are included. Another one that feels like a waste on Friday nights and a switch that would instantly give Raw a shot in the arm.

The way they rushed the belt onto Big E i just do not see him now as anything but a transitional comedy act champion there was no thinking behind putting the belt on him other than we need a boost in the ratings.

I'll defend Big E on this as it's the fact that he has fun which makes him such a promising champion. The guy shouldn't have to become ultra serious to be considered a good champion and we should want different things in world champions. That's what keeps it fresh.

Plus c'mon, if Big E is going to be a comedy act as champion then what is Kenny Omega and his antics as champion?

With Fox being the big money maker and Roman the star, I cant see him leaving Smackdown. Thats the A show these days. Its why Becky is there.

I dont think they care about Raw much. I can see Nakamura switching with Priest, maybe Charlotte coming across, maybe even New Day going to Smackdown too minus Big E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Don't think I've ever seen anyone describe Omega as being a comedy champion.

Don't get me wrong E is a decent wrestler and clearly very likeable but Omega is one of the best pro-wrestlers ever. Not comparable in my eyes.

Advertisement