Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some of the matches announced for Raw include WWE Champion Bobby Lashley defending against Randy Orton, Natalya vs. Rhea Ripley, Charlotte Flair vs. Shayna Baszler, and Damian Priest issuing an open challenge for his United States Title

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm assuming Doudrop will get the night off

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince hotshoting matches for tonight's RAW after losing in the ratings to AEW last week.

Oh that can't be he doesn't consider AEW any competition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Definitely trying to counter program a show on another network on another night of the week.

• Advertisement

That, and Monday night Football starts tonight in America. Always hire them hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

Does anyone think he'll actually cash in though?

Been burned too many times. I'm guessing shenanigans.

Oh, yeah, it’s defo not happening. The fact we all know it won’t is what turns me off the product overall.

it’s more curiosity of how they backpedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Double swerve. They'll actually go through with it but he'll lose.

This is the start of their patented "Make fans of X miserable for a half a year before we throw them a few crumbs" play.

He'll attempt to cash in before being beat down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I look forward to a legendary gyrating title victory.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How did Raw lose in the ratings to AEW last week?

Ratings aren't ranked and never have been on total viewers they are ranked on the 18-49 age viewership and if RAW and Dynamite were on the same night last week AEW would have been the clear number 1 wrestling show that night by a big margin.

"But the demos..."

"But if they were on the same night..."

Overdosing on Meltzer is dangerous, kids.

Is your whole gimmick just to hate on everything and everyone or are you really that hateful and spiteful in real life?

Comparing different nights isn't a good way to do it anyway. How many of those people watch both shows? In theory if they went up against each other Raw could have the same number and Dynamite have 0 or Raw could have 53,000 and Dynamite have 1,319,000.

Until they compete against each other as Dynamite and NXT did, comparing numbers isn't the way to do it.

Mod note

Cut that out. Both of you.

Marston, next time I have to deal with you trying to get into fights with people over posts like this and AEW, I’m carding you. Twice in a few days, I’ve had to step in when you’re trying to cause issues beyond general discussions of the product. It’s coming across as low level trolling now.

Pepsi, cop on to yourself with posts which personally attack posters. If you don’t like a posters contributions, report them or ignore them, but cut out that sort of post which will do nothing but cause further problems on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Demos are not a new thing in TV though admittedly they have been brought more into the fore since AEW came around. The demo is the ONLY thing that matters to the networks as it appeals to advertisers. Same way Youtube doesn't count views from India in the same way - they make almost no money from that demo. Source: I've worked on one of the biggest streaming platforms for 7 years, ex-GF worked on a huge TV show in Canada so I'm fully aware of the ins and outs.

WWE's reactionary booking is a testament to the success of AEW, New stuff is being thrown at the wall and it makes more interesting viewing. Delighted for Big E.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Big night for both the wwe and Big E who they have finally pulled the trigger on.

Fair play to wwe they have been backed into a corner and are fighting back.

• Advertisement

Came for the Big E title win

got the Big E title win.

Awesome moment overall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only read the spoilers now and hopped onto WWE YouTubes channel to see the cash in. And the video they put up edited out the pin for the cash in.

It went from the ring announcer announcing that big E had cashed in his contract to Big E holding the title.

was there a botch they are editing out?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Don't think so, I flicked it on this morning when I got up and there didn't seem anything majorly out of place

Yeah, I watched the match and didn’t notice anything. Bobby hit a spear, Big are kicked out. Hit the Big Ending and pinned him.

Now, Nikki Ash vs Tamina on the other hand….for those who missed it, Nikki hits a tornado DDT, covers Tamina. Tamina kicks out late so the ref counts three. Nikki celebrates while Tamina’s music plays, and Tamina is announced as the winner. Seemed that the mistake happened, and the ring announcer just read the cue card he had in front of him, rather than actually watching the match….

Can't blame him for not watching a Tamina match.

I think I said recently how internet fans and live fans are completely different and Alexa is probably the biggest example of that. The gimmick is muck but crowds love her.

Big E is champ, well deserved. While Roman is doing great and Lashley did well, it's good to have a champion who isn't "intense" all the time. E can be intense but he's also the funniest man in wrestling...

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

To me that title win felt so hollow. Big E’s first title win should have been at mania with a long build and really had a huge impact, a real wrestlemania moment.. instead they use it to pop a rating on raw in response to the Aew All out buzz and he wins it on another shite episode of Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd question if Big E would have gotten to Mania before Vince deciding to pull the plug on a successful cash in, so better now than never.

So will Big E drop the title to Goldberg in Saudi next month and then Bobby takes it back off Bill at Survivor Series.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Big Bill and Bobby can have their match in Saudi now, no need for a title to be involved and let Big E off to do other things

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd say that's a reason they took the title off Bobby. Now Bill can beat him in Saudi without becoming champ. New Day don't go to Saudi, do they?

Advertisement