Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So next week is the last under the black and gold. New look NXT starts on the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I bet we're going to see fans sh*tting on this new brand now. They'll be chanting "Black and Gold" or something like that, from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Finally caught up with NXT for the end of the black and gold era.

A part of me is very curious (I wouldn't say excited) about the relaunch. Hard to tell whether it's just going to be a new paintjob or a seismic change but interesting to see.

Most importantly, the first episode will have the wedding. What could possibly go wrong? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dexter will have his heart broke. I predict Indi has been having an incestuous relationship with Theory and he'll reveal it at the wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Theory is definitely showing up. Maybe leading a stable and demolishing the rest of the Way and Lumis.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope he is kept around and not released again, poor Joe, with Kross, Cole and Balor gone, Kyle or Gargano or even Walter for the title?

That is a bummer. Wonder if it's tied to what kept him away before.

Hope they don't change the title to match the new branding. Could imagine a title similar to the Divas Butterfly belt. 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Joe has such bad luck and wish him the best

My god this is the not what this new nxt producers wanted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a feeling this is exactly what the new nxt producers wanted. Out with the old in with the new. Expect some generic big man to win the title now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Maybe it was planned, give Joe one more go to take the belt off Kross and have him step away again for the new rebrand.

Gives you an opportunity to drag out whose gonna win the belt for a few weeks if you were to have a tournament. Though WWE will probably announce a multi man match to crown a new champion tomorrow night or next week..

And if WWE medical feel Joe is every ready to step back in the ring you've got a ready made title storyline of Joe coming back after his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT is dead it is now NXT 2.0

Also the PC/CWC is in for a name change as well.

Good to see they still have selective memory. It's going to 3.0 at least.

Titus always so good on his feet.

Meh that theme song sucks

Arena setup is cool

This Bron Breaker is a vince guy for sure

I thought Breaker looked great tbh but FFS call him Steiner. He's wearing gear like his dad, doing Steinerlines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Missed the start, but is LA Knight not supposed to be fighting for the title tonight? Is the title match not tonight?

So Brunette and overly tanned Mandy Rose

Yep I'd tap that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hayes and Trick look decent but the less said about all the other sh1t the better.

O'Reilly replaced by some bum?

Knight beaten by another bum BEFORE his title match on the same night?

Alot of bums getting precedence in general on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Or.. Alot of new talent having to get a start somehow? It was a relaunch after all, so always going to be new talent.

I agree, some were very green in the ring, but everyone has to start somewhere!

Only issue I had with it was the wedding going on after the Title Match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When is Kyle O'Reilly's contract up?

Could we get a reDRagon reunion soon I wonder.

Well it makes sense. Have you ever been to a wedding that had a title match after the ceremony? 😀 I think most people there needed name tags. But the wedding actually managed to be completed successfully.

Didn't realise Breaker was Rick's son but I was actually thinking of him as Mojo Steiner.

I guess with Cole, Balor, Joe and Kross gone they have to start bringing in the newer talent, but this was a lot. I know some have been making appearances over the weeks but it's like changing half the cast of a tv series or even like Impact or RoH where they suddenly lose some of their roster. After Knight lost, I was sure Imperium would lose as well.

Grayson Waller joining Drake was strange. Maybe will see more of that, when Drake isn't coming up with plans to take the 24/7 title.

The new one in Diamond Mine was a regular audience member during the pandemic. Would always see her beside the entrance. I have said before that factions should try to have at least one woman in their group.

Are they going to keep calling it NXT 2.0 like they still keep the "Live" in Smackdown Live?

They shouldn't have had the title match last night. Said they'd blow there load and rush it poorly. Could have had a couple of matches over the next two weeks and build a show where the main attraction was the crowning of a new champion rather than a wedding.

While there's nothing wrong with the wedding, I liked it, that was the main event really, and they still went ahead and crowned a champion on the night of their relaunch even though it wasn't the main event.

Imagine if Breaker actually beat Knight in a match that meant something like winner advances to the next round, or ragged dolled him like that but Knight had to cheat to win to advance. I like that Knight was cocky enough to challenge him to a fight even though he was already scheduled in match. Also think they should have inserted Breaker into the match, like he did just beat one of the guys in the match earlier that night.

Was hoping Knight would get the title, he's great. Ciampa is same old, same old.

Not much interest in the plethora of debuts.

I'm no hairdresser but even I know those hair extensions on Mandy are rough.

A wrestling wedding that went smoothly, I didn't think it was possible. Dexter's "I.............do" was the most tense moment WWE has created in ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think they've made it clear that NXT 2.0 is going to focus on the ultra green talents. While I'll miss what NXT was, I appreciate the fact they've openly outlined that the show will be built on developing new talent. If the show is advertised as such, I think "Who are all these new guys!?!?" is not a massively legit complaint going forward. You're getting what was advertised. If you've not got a tolerance for that (And I suspect most won't), its going to be time to move on. Its shifted to a new niche now.

I have to admit, I really like the new visuals. It's very different and very unique. But I'm a sucker for that style of bright, multi-coloured designs. And the wedding going off without a hitch was a plesant surprise. I adored how into the angle the crowd were, specifically when they gasped when Lumis talked. I don't know if Lumis would translate over onto Raw (or, rather, I don't trust them to translate him over), but you can tell how into it the NXT crowd were.

Probably Scott Steiner owns the trademark to the Steiner name, and not that Scott probably wouldn't let him use the name but more WWE not wanting guys using names that they can also use outside the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They've McGillicuddyed him tbh. Doesn't have to be a Steiner but what a naff name.

I forgot it's not their shoot names. Rechsteiner or something isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I only saw reports but as said above at least they're being open that this is now what NXT is for and it's not a third brand. I didn't hate what I read at least. Can't imagine USA network are too chuffed though. This isn't what they signed up for.

Advertisement