Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't believe they do. If they do, I've no idea how Cage or several others there are passing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I heard great stuff about Lee Moriarty and just seen TK signed him up after some great Elevation matches

I particularly watched the Joey Jannela v Lee Moriarty and boy Lee is good.

He's supposed to have a banger against Garcia on Monday too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who besides Cage? Last I saw of Pac he seemed to have given up the prayers and vitamins or at least dialled it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AEW doing over 200k buys is amazing when you consider the last non WWE PPV to draw near that was WCW Mayhem in 99.

Before the Network many WWE PPVs failed to hit that number.

Its up nearly100 percent on last years event too.

A total success.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well over 200k buys for All Out is amazing.

• Advertisement

Ya, I wouldn't be sure who's actively using but there's a few who have in the past and been caught (Billy Gunn) or gained so much bulk in such a short space of time that its likely due to them being on stuff (not sure are we allowed mention directly but there are some well enough known guys who bulked up a lot in Japan).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

I did think that but I wonder about WWE's wellness policy at times, there's lads on WWE that are definitely on the gear.

Strowman posted a picture with needles on his IG story even, or Jinder especially during his reign, even Lashley I could imagine him pissing hot for roids. I do wonder about their policy and how flexible they are with it. Then again, wouldn't have xpected them to pull Reigns up on it like they did a few years ago but here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

A good few people stood out on LU, but he wasnt one IMO. Hes not bad but hes just very unmemorable .

Ya, I just think Cage has pretty much admitted it so it becomes harder. I don't think you could say with a straight face he's clean if you're WWE, where you can pretend with the others. Cage is cartoonish size like. I'd watch the vlogs and he was on with Ethan Page (who's huge too) and they were on about wrestling figures and they were joking that Cage would be the first person who's toy is less ripped than he actually his.

• Advertisement

You need to stop with this 200k stuff, Monokne who as we all know, knows everything has lliterally replyed to everyone your posts that it will not draw anywhere near 200k buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Braun and Jinder, clearly, but I don't know about Lashley. He has looked exactly like that for over 15 years now. I don't think he could be roiding for that long and still be as well-adjusted as he seems to be. I think he's just a genetic freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There's only one genetic freak I care about. I'd actually love Steiner to pop up for a night in AEW or, preferably, WWE just for old time's sake for me. I loved the Steiner Brothers when I first started watching wrestling with WCW on ITV in the 1990s. Credit to Sting that he's still able to perform to a certain extent now he's about the only one left.

Do yourself a favour and stick them on ignore, I did and it makes the thread a whole lot easier to read and with no of the petty bollix.

Just seeing that Cody is actually a year younger than Omega.

I guess all those years with the WWE from a young age makes it feel like Cody is way older than the rest of the Elite guys.

Pac/Andrade was decent however Andrade looks rusty to me and he needs to get more matches into him.

Andrade dumping Chavo setting up Flair turning up as his manager.

Adam Cole just has it.

Adam Cole vs Adam Page could be next 3/5 years of main eventing for AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Rampage was a fantastic hour of action. Such an easy watch and it was a better show than Dynamite this week with much tighter pacing. Andrade finally starting to shine, really good match and at least the story is starting to develop a little now - looking forward to where it goes. NY card should shape up in the next week and I'm excited for it as I'll be heading to it.

I suspect we'll get Archer/Suzuki vs Mox/Eddie and I'm sure there'll likely be an 8 or 10 man tag of the Elite vs DB/Christian/Jurassic Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Over 200k buys is crazy. I think the company record was around the 140k mark, it's a huge increase on that. I think we all assumed it'd be their most successful ppv but for it to be that high is something else.

With the TV ratings too, it's a company going well beyond expectations especially only 2 years in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Andrade/PAC was really enjoyable, easily El Idolo’s best AEW appearance so far. His character can be hit or miss but no denying how good he is in-ring, and PAC is PAC, so no surprise this was a fantastic pro-wrestling match.

Mox making the save and celebrating with Pillman in front of his family in Cincinatti was a nice moment, I think going with the hometown hero rather than thoroughly embarrassing them as we've seen elsewhere down the years is the better way to go. Another very easy episode of Rampage to watch, good stuff!

• Advertisement

Liked the Andrade match although the finish was a bit screwy. Also clear set up for Flair as his manager so he'll be on his 3rd manager already. They need to lock something down there as it's getting a bit silly.

Women's trios match was alright. I like Riho and Statlander and if we ever get a women's tag title, they'd be a fun team to join the likes of TayJay, Allie and Ford etc as lynchpins for that division (although Statlander could be a good future women's champion, it might take a while as Rosa is surely next).

Pillman Vs Caster grand too. The Acclaimed are good fun and them running with the Caster suspension as a joke between this and Dark is fun. Pillman is probably a future upper mid card singles competitor. Still not there and stuff like this and MJF will help him progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just find it hard to believe any of Riho's moves have any impact. She just looks so light. Like with the double foot stomp on Rebel or anything really.

It was really great to see the Pillman family having so much fun at ringside on both shows and trying to keep straight faces when MJF & Caster on the mic.

I get that but you can say that about more than just Riho on the women's side and loads on the male side. I mean someone like Jungle Boy or Darby should have no legitimate chance against someone like guys of the size of Miro, Cage, Hobbs etc so it's pretty similar for Riho Vs Hayter.

Her crossbody off the top rope against Hayter at the end was really good too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Rampage is such an easy watch. Fite TV had cut out the ads so it was a handy 45 minutes. Don't think they normally do that, or else I've been selecting episodes from the wrong menu?

Would be great if Andrade could improve his character, as his in ring work is top drawer. Not sure if Flair would help too much tbh, but Chaco was definitely a bad fit so it's great they pulled the rug on that union so quickly.

Agreed that its nice to see a company highlighting wrestlers in their hometown and leaning into the positive reaction. Three times in quick succession now with Britt, Punk and Moxley/Pillman, so I wonder are they setting up a big angle down the road - could be nuclear heat in the right circumstances if you've conditioned the audience to expect the hometown hero to be the star of the night.

Mark Henry doesn't offer much on commentary.

Safe to say All Out was a hit.

Dave Meltzer reported some additional notes in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter regarding the success of the show. The final buyrate is not in yet and won’t be for a few more months, but there were 205,000 buys accounted for at press time.

As noted, this is the biggest pay-per-view number for a non-WWE show since 1999. It’s also the most successful non-WWE show in terms of revenue since 1999 as well.

All Out had the highest second-market ticket prices of any pro-wrestling show in history with $367. This was done due to the rumors of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson appearing at the show although Punk made his debut a few weeks before on Rampage.

All Out beat SummerSlam by 4% in Google searches on the day of each show. In the weeks leading into and days coming out of each show, All Out also topped SummerSlam by 14%.

All Out was the second most-searched-for topic on the internet behind Labor Day on the day of the show. All Out also set AEW’s new record for most Google searches with over 500,000

Look like a few of the recent NXT releases are getting matches on the Dark tapings at Universal today at the The All Elite Zone or The Dark Zone the two different names given to the studio.

Andrade v Pac was only warming up when it finished. I was really enjoying it but it ended too abruptly for my liking.

Was worried Andrade had lost his way and this match was a little sign hes still got what it takes.

Pac is just awesome.

Enjoyed the main event finish. Love how AEW treats hometown talent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

As one the lads said, Andrade attacked Chavo because he cheated to help Andrade win. Ric Flair is the direst player in the game, what sense would it make to bring in a manager known for cheating because your previous manager cheated to help you win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I noticed the lack of ad breaks on Fite too. They never did it before and don't do it for Dynamite, wonder what's changed?

Advertisement