Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Excalibur really does knit the commentary team together - they all just felt a bit off without him there.

I'm happy enough with Punk/Team Taz and MJF/Pillman as filler feuds for a few weeks.

It's good that Cody is coming back for Arthur Ashe - Malakai Black beating a different Nightmare Family member every week was getting old. He should be running those over in minutes - Dustin was way too competitive for my liking. They had established Black as a killer after the Cody match, but some of the aura has been lost now.

There were noticeable sloppy moments and/or communication issues in almost each match.

They mentioned Jungle Boy going for Adam Cole in the brawl. That would be a fun match if it happens down the line. I can't see them putting the belt on Danielson straight away - maybe he gets a title match but Adam Cole saves the belt for Kenny and Danielson pairs off with him for a bit, while sowing some Cole v Kenny seeds too?

It wasn't an episode that knocked everything out of the park, but still a 7/10 for me. Plenty happening, some fresh feuds started and other stuff coming to a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hopefully that's the end of Tony being involved in the DMD shite. It's cringey enough as is without an oul lad playing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Punk Vs Hobbs and Punk Vs Starks are good feuds tbf. Starks in particular is excellent on the mic imo, and it's Punk helping to elevate guys again. You can get to Full Gear with that feud with Punk imo.

MJF Vs Pillman should be a short feud. Gives MJF a win and enhances Pillman as a singles competitor. I'm half expecting Kingston to beat Miro since that's continuing, and then MJF can move into a feud with Kingston there for the TNT title. With Blanchard and Spears already starting a feud with Darby and Sting, there's a Pinnacle Vs Darby, Sting, Mox, Kingston arc there, and MJF as TNT champion might finally get them to pull the Wardlow turn.

Hopefully Black is moving on to something else too after the Cody rematch. I'm bored with that now.

Meltzer is reporting that Vince's plan for Cole on the main roster was to change his name and make him the manager of a heel Keith Lee, similar to what they did with Lio Rush and Lashley.

Holy ****. It can't be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably as true as his story about Asuka being out because creative has nothing for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, that would have been crap. Even if it was only for a few months, I'd have watched if he came in as Michael Cole's son and just started up his feud with McAfee again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Seriously dude, there has to be something else on telly if you hate it that much. 😂

Have to say really impressed by Jamie Hayter. Her jabbing at the crowd suggests she's a natural, though I do think she misses the odd cue (can be fixed of course).

Like for example I think she was meant to jump in quicker between Ruby and Baker in their pre match segment. Made Ruby look a bit ****.

Black should have picked Dustin up and gave him his finisher again knowing how **** the kick looked. The match did nothing for Black.

He should have. I think it was Dustin's height really, he's what 6'5? They should have had it sussed that he needed to be a bit stooped after the turnbuckle shot. But a second kick would have put the exclamation point on Black's superiority after a tough match, and his meanness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dave thinking ALL OUT will likely have a buy rate over 200k

The long awaited thumb wrestling world title rematch is here.

Are replay purchases included in that? I'd say that was massive on Monday in non US Territories.

I would say the buzz it generated will have lead to more buys on Monday alright so between cable ppv, bleacher report ppv, fite tv ppv the north american buy would be big then add in the fite tv worldwide buy i could see it clear 200k alright.

Anna and Tay falling out and each of them become the leader of two factions of the dark order and feuding. You could have singles, tags, trios, womens and mix tag matches out of easy for a couple of month midcard program.

Ah I'm not saying it to denigrate, the more the better. Was hoping 200k was just US but I imagine that would be mental.

I don't know what the average buyrate would be in the US for a PPV hence the curiosity.

I think when they talk wrestling PPV buys they only count US buys the rest of the world isn't counted in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Bit of a messy Dynamite unfortunately. Punk's promos need a boot up the ass, why is he basically hyping the show now? Him taking on Team Taz seems a bit of a waste of him but anyway. Lot of the matches on this were sloppy, Malakai Black vs Dustin was a mess, the Black Mass was far from the only mistake in it. Jamie Hayter and Ruby also seemed a little off, not sure if they just didn't have good chemistry or what but it wasn't exactly smooth.

The Dark Order match was unnecessary, I honestly don't really care about the Dark Order civil war and I'm assuming they'll either be saved by a new leader or the return of Page. People loved them after the passing of Brodie Lee but I think they've been unsure of what to do with them since and they're not good enough performers to be on Dynamite without a decent story in my opinion and the Civil War one isn't it. The Danielson and Elite segment was fine but not spectacular.

They Suzuki/Moxley match was a letdown, could have done with more of it and how the hell they cut Kaze Ni Nare is ridiculous especially after the positive push it got after All Out. They really made something that could have been special into something forgettable. I've said this before but I think Khan needs to be a bit more ruthless, he's trying to satisfy all the performers and as AEW gets more stacked, some people just don't belong on the main show and some segments shouldn't be as long as they were. They could have had a much tighter match and the crowd singing an NJPW legend's theme and instead I would argue nobody benefitted from this match if it was your first time seeing Suzuki.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'll watch what I want, "dude". The PPV at the weekend was excellent so how do I hate it? Different strokes for different folks.

Not my fault people adore rubbish like Black fighting a 50 year old (poorly), AEW's version of The Oddities, shíte women's wrestling, edgelord humour of abortion and cum swallowing jokes ("wHaT a HeEl tHo!") and a rushed main event. That episode was as close as to Raw as an episode of Dynamite has gotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

What PPV did anywhere close to that? I don't think anyone ever got 190. 150 would still be a new record for AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

They are but replay buys are tiny these days, hundreds at most. If people want to see it they just find clips online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Hat On

Both of you can cut it out.

@2ndcoming Cut out the gatekeeping. There's a line between discussing people's opinions and gatekeeping. Its not up to you to determine who is or isn't allowed to watch shows, who is genuine in their posts, etc. If someone is annoying you, pop them on ignore or just scroll past their post.

@J. Marston While you're entitled to an opinion, unrelenting negativity can look an awful lot like trolling. While you're of course entitled to have negative opinions about AEW, there does reach a point where soapboxing about a show and how much you don't like it doesn't contribute to conversations anymore, and only serves to damage discussion.

Regardless, petty bickering from posters just drags everything down, regardless of being a fan of a show or not. Both of you, take a breath and ignore each other if you've got issues going forward. If you've got issues beyond this, take it to PMs.

I always buy the replays, that's mad to me! Only in the hundreds across the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They played an ad for Cody's new reality show last night too and it turns out I appear in the ad although it's brief haha. Was filmed at the Double or Nothing fan fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

MJF will have a field day with that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

While last night's segment was far from perfect, they're doing a great job weaving Pillman's past and continued life/family story into his arc as a pro-wrestler. Something you'd simply never get from the Fed.

Brian Cage and his wife moaning on twitter that he's underutilized/misused in AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2nd highest rating in Dynamite's history last night with 1.3 million.

Advertisement