Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Timeless watch channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭893bet

Hard to disagree. I would cringe at someone putting on a French accent to pronounce brands.

if anyone is in my company please feel free to say “yaaaaaygeeer”. I won’t judge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This whole thing of the pronunciation of brand names.

Ditto. While it's an interesting aside, that's about it. If I'm nipping off to Paris for the weekend I don't say Paree. If I were nipping down to Oisin's neck of the woods I wouldn't say Venezia. Hell, going way back I wouldn't say Ulius Kaesar(approx) when talking about Julius Caesar, unless I was a thundering pseud. There are a shedload of words in English we use that are very different in their native pronunciations. That goes for French, German, Spanish, Italian etc going the other way. One big reason as his vid demonstrates different languages can have very different sounds not present in other languages and sounds we can find difficulty in hearing, never mind speaking. V/W for native German speakers, E/I for native Spanish and so on. I'm certainly not going to entangle my tonsils or cough up half a lung trying to strangulate local words, because 90% of the time a local will know exactly what you're talking about anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

You would buy her a drink ya dirty fecker wouldnt ya :)

She would smell of Cigarettes and vomit is my guess. Teeth not great alignment but they are real at least. Just amazing how fellows cant spot honey traps. Oisin met her plastered one night, her equally mangled. She posts simi naked and erotic photos of herself and food on instagram and describes herself as "Thirsty matador, certified snob". She discussed with Oisin how she is the one married men cheat with...if noticing the alarm bells marks me as a misogynist so be it. Personally I find Old man Oisin fishing for views with some young girl more misogynist, but maybe I am just more jaded with the world.

Wibbs I agree on the pronunication. All I can hear is "Mange tout rodney". Half the time I have to pronounce a watch brand I realise I have never said it out loud before in my life. Maybe if I were an excellent cunning linguist like Oisin I would get the young ladies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I wasn't gonna say smell 😂

But I'll be honest, if Chloe is the class of courtesan, company or lady considered as hot, or even desirable?

I'm quite surprised tbh. Now, maybe she has a voice that would make a lad want to melt into her? I don't know, because I've not watched the Óisin video just trawled her insta.

If she's a prize catch, I've honestly thrown far, far better back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

TTWC has been my favourite YT channel for the past couple of years but its definitely lost direction and gone down hill the last few months. He seems to be going for the "youtuber" angle more and more by discussing shite "community" scandals like timepiece gentlemen and going on endless watch live streams with nobodies to get his ego massaged. The ego in general is out of control and the material isn't backing it up at the moment.

Post edited by redlead on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not on instagram, so won't be trawling anyone. Though to be fair it's because it always seems to think I'm a bot and blocks me after I register. Seems to be a thing with them I gather. Haven't tried for a while mind you. Though maybe I am a bot? 🤔😮 They're now owned by Arsebook IIRC? No loss, wouldn't give that zuckerburg guy the steam from my etc. Sets the site up originally so he could perve at a distance on fellow college girls. The unblinking freak of nature.

Going on that vid I'd agree with Fitz as far as her ticking certain boxes alright. I popped back into the comments for the swell of thirst like men stuck in the Gobi for a month. 😁 Though one or two were more wary: Not quite sure what i just watched tbh, bar i did feel a tad uncomfortable, like watching someone on a second date....Wasn't quite sure where to look tbh, Chloe exudes many traits, too many. Keep safe guys.

Though making assumptions the other direction is not far off as bad as making the thirsty ones. Both are vicarious to a large degree. And if that was a second date I'd be worried about the first. 😁 Looking back on my own encounters that kinda vibe was like a wasted meeting and first "date", waking up and trying to work out what was going on sober and trying to fill the gaps in convo.

I'd find her look attractive though that Latin/Gallic look I dig so there's that and it's a remarkably common look in other climes too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Chloe with a fada on the 'e' is looking for a new place to live, says she's a good cook......CT will you be off apartment hunting in Venice?

I have been pronouncing vin wrong all these years, I must have looked like a right Del boy🍷

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

No, unfortunately I'm well past my sell by date. 😩

Now in my younger days I had this thing for French girls and a particular crush on Francoise Hardy. She was a bit before your time I suspect.

Dont let age come between you. Its you use by date she is interested in, she is not buying.

Francoise Hardy

Bit before my time too, but jaysus yeah.

I have been pronouncing vin wrong all these years, I must have looked like a right Del boy🍷

I ask for vinium rubrum myself. Feckin' peasants. 😁 Never vinia mind you. I consider white "wine" the work of the devil. Jeremy Clarkson has called it "lady petrol" and funny enough in latin it's feminine so maybe they were onto something even then, because there does seem to be a palate gender difference. It always tastes like bitter cider, mixed with wee and vinegar to me. I'd rather chew one of my own toes off than drink the stuff, though the addition of bubbles does help it enormously.

Thank you, but I may be older than you think, wearing my 'The Beatles' T shirt today. In my younger days I could never get to grips with the nuances of French women, I much preferred the direct approach of German and Dutch women. But now that I'm older and wiser, you never know....

Sorry but had to google Francoise, she's singing away on youtube in the background now.

(3) Wearing Rolex, Omega & Canali for Arena HOMME+ Magazine - YouTube

Oisín modelling clothes for some poncy men's mag, must be running out of watches to review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How do people watch this shite?

Post edited by Fitz II on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ah lads why so harsh? He got asked to do that, did his best but didn't take it too seriously and helped his daughter up the ladder of her professional career a few rungs. Looks like he was a bit bevied in the latter half but who cares? Still nicely shot. His channel has been more than just about watches from the start. Dunno when the last time was that I bought a magazine, but I might pick that one up if I came across it.

Tripe seems to be the favourite on the menu, 18.6k views.

Thats not a big view count for him and I see only 10k as of this post. Only vid with less views is his speedmaster moonwatch vid (forgetting the "reflections" stuff).. Hell I have vids with 10k views and I have like 300 subs. But look there is no accounting for taste, its a awful vid and just more of the cult of personality.

Funny looking at the views there that terrible pompous vid on the Zero west crappy watch and WW2 has barely 30k views....not worth all the weeks of effort the "Stanley Kubrick of watch channels" alleges he put into it.

All his most popular items on the menu are about Rolex....

In the last while his vid with the French lass was one of the most popular too. It seems if you want to start and grow a watch channel, talk almost exclusively about Rolex, some Tudor for the "bargain hunters", maybe throw in an Omega every so often, discuss the crassness of homages, compare fakes to real and get some exotic sort to show up from time to time to mouth oh la la. Job done. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5HJUfNAKw&ab_channel=TheTimelessWatchChannel

Poor Oisin got stung with a 2016 Hulk he thought was a 2019. Dial is a bit different on the newer ones with the spacing on the text (300 m versus 300m), easy enough to tell dial changed after 2016. Says his watchmaker was suspicious, he should fire that guy. Doesn't detract from the watch but he likely paid over the odds for a newer in warranty watch. His history is a bit off on it too, its not the 50th anniversary model.

Edit I see our friend beat me to it in the comments

Correct on all points except 1.

The box reviewer has no friends.

Oisín's latest is an unboxing of a Breitling Chronomat 44.

Certainly one for guys with big hefty wrists.

Breitling BEAST!! - UNBOXING - YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Kinda hate the nigga, kinda like him too though at the same time. I have the same Breitling. It is a great watch but it ain't the same as the Panerai which I also have. I am dating a black chick en ce moment. I believe breaking up with her will reveal the truth in life to me, and I will sell the Breitling. Man, how weird is that as a way of thinking? Anyway want to help me out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Don't be rude or racist pls. I don't support that kind of rhetoric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

How was scwazrh being rude or racist in any way?

I can only assume your trolling or the account is hacked .This is no place for racist language or derogatory comments like your first post to which I responded .

I'm trying to get to the bottom of that right now. I'm not a rush to judgement guy.

Classic response. We'll leave it here, just think on how you respond to people involved in interracial relationships in future. And DON'T get racist.

Hi John! We have missed you!

I am massively confused Ted?

My thoughts exactly. This could get interesting in the cold light of day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Given some of their other previous posts I'm not so sure it will to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's definitely Vanilla's fault!

Fecking Canadians, with their rudeness and racism!😂😂

11 minute review starting at 17:45 - 28:44. Rest is Oisin oversharing his personal life and endless focus pulls. Not the nicest Seamaster I have seen, the metal bezel gives is a Breitling look and not in a good way, very 1990's

on his Instagram story this morning - You would think he would of known she was going to be a bit of a weapon just by her attitude

As I said earlier, I never did get to grips with the nuances of French women.....looks like I'm not the only one.

Ah I dunno. It's like redheads are expected to be fiery, Latins are expected to be emotional and French women are expected to be, well, French. 😁 Some play up on their stereotype, while others expect the stereotype and select for it. One feeds the other. A French ex of mine was grand and far less loony than me. Though to be fair that's not a high bar to set. 😮😂

At least he's not boring.

Stop the press stanky bird acts like skank.

You would.want to be some soft in the head , totally inexperienced dirty fecker to not spot that girl is 100% trouble and as predicted here we are. If living drama vicariously through Oisin is interesting then some are in for Interesting times.

Interesting times are good times.

Personally I like most but not all of his vids. YouTube is entertainment.

It's not about 'living vicariously' it's about a scenic location, interesting activities and a certain degree of variety. Helps also of course that it's well done and has music choices I mostly like.

There is some of his output that I'm not particularly keen on and I've criticised him before here.

So the French Girl drama continues, cant say I think that this vendetta will end in anything but trouble. Like a lot of us (but not all) spotted she turn out to be a troublesome ex prostitute trying to start and Only Fans page. Oisin's self aggrandising as the "leprechaun king of cool" in front of this bunch of verginal watch nerds is at odds with how much this girl has obviously got to him.

FitzII quote:

"So the French Girl drama continues, cant say I think that this vendetta will end in anything but trouble. Like a lot of us (but not all) spotted she turn out to be a troublesome ex prostitute trying to start and Only Fans page. Oisin's self aggrandising as the "leprechaun king of cool" in front of this bunch of verginal watch nerds is at odds with how much this girl has obviously got to him."

To be fair to Oisín I don't believe he's ever promoted himself as a typical (Irish-American) Oirish stereotype. A lot of prominent YT watch guys and gals have noted his success in garnering subscribers and his relatively colourful background as interesting content material to tap into. I personally enjoy TTWC most of the time, he makes a welcome change from the average run-of-the-mill YT watch review.

As for those two vids, there's no way I'm going to spend over six hours watching a load of talking heads.

Just watch the first 30 minutes of them....

Okay, I did. The Arhie one is more entertaining but that's down to the Pontiff. The other is just YT gossip and Oisín doesn't come on till 27:30 or so.

So she's 'on the make' according to O's account and not a very nice person but she's popular with the audience who don't have to interact directly with her. She's made for Instagram.

So what's the big deal?

Cool, I cant watch 60 minutes of content in 30 minutes but ok. Watch the Oisins bit maybe and listen to what he says or dont, I dont care, but its an interesting thing when Oisin is doxing people and airing his dirty laundry in public. Kinda goes against the flow of the gentleman, worldwise cool dude image he usually portrays.

I watched the first 30 mins of the Archie one which is mostly Oisín's version. 'Dirty laundry' .....I don't agree, it's just his version of events around the pronunciation video and his latest teaser Q&A vid. Apparently his next one is going to tell 'the full story' or maybe not. There's an audience for scandal and he's running with it.

As to his 'image' as a worldly gentleman, I don't see that he's been offensive to women in general just a couple anecdotally and before this French woman anonymously. You can respect women and still have a low opinion of them individually.

I'm not so sure she got to him in that sense F, more that the attention she got for his video he wants to extend to get more attention, especially to the audience of "virginal watch nerds". 😁 Man the way Archie goes on...

I wanna see pictures of the ropes. Greeeeasy. I switched off when he started going on about her looks. He's the kinda face best suited to popping out from the bushes, with a worrying rustle in the same bushes closer to the ground. 😂

For all his protestations it seems he was well up for a second video as was she to get attention for them both, but she got the old cold feet and he's framing it his way and getting the attention anyway. In the vid he claims he doesn't want to be indiscrete and then goes on to say she's a bitch, there's a lot of miles on her engine, she's banged her 60 year old landlord and was a street walker on the reeperbahn.* I couldn't go much further than Archie looking for her new bloke's name and the greasy factor went way too high, but Oisin describes him as unfortunate looking.

In our world of weaponised attention seeking it's all for attention, or oul Oisin has a fierce thin ego, or a little from column A and a little from column B. If he didn't want drama and didn't want to be indiscrete it would have been very easy to do. If one can't trust one's mouth to not run away with itself. Especially after a few ales. Say nothing is the first rule. Or say "ah yeah she's a friend of mine, we had the craic that day, but she's away on her travels with her boyfriend and best of luck to her" kinda thing. Job done, no threats, drama avoided. That reactive bitchy stance I can understand in a bloke in his twenties, or yer wan who's 23, but Oisin is what looking down both barrles of 50? I have long contended that if a bloke hasn't got his ego somewhat understood and in check by his thirties he's kinda fecked. Buy hey, it is getting attention and here we are talking about it so the Oscar Wilde quote springs to mind.

*where the Beatles of all people honed their different trade. Well if you can keep a rowdy bunch of drunk sex maniacs entertained night after night it would suggest you're pretty good, or you have to get pretty good pretty quickly. 😁

Wibbs "weaponised attention " - I am stealing that good phrase.

Yeah its just out of character. A chap like him with 50k subs should be well used to trolls and nasty business, odd that he is taking this one atomic. A man with as much "cool ****" going on should not be bothered. He is insistent on calling the other fellow ugly (even though he look perfectly fine to me) and playing the victim. He has done this a lot with his previous girlfriend who he said was abusing him with domestic violence. It seems to be a pattern

I suppose that what I am getting at is that its a odd show of insecurity for a man so interested in and famed for, protraying the image of an idilic lifestyle. Of course the live streamers (and relevantly new and IMHO obnoxious and dull part of the youtube watch community) love the drama.

Did notice he got a airking, I did a review on that watch and its pretty good will be interested for his review on it, a polarising watch (despite the antimagnetic case...boom boom)