Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Timeless watch channel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I pop in on this forum every now and again, somehow never came across this thread til now and I started today at the video with the French chick pronouncing things.

Your man came across like a bad character from a Ross O'Carroll-Kelly book 🤣

The absolute state of him. Lads, some of you may need to retune your wanker radars if you didn't spot that a mile off!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

With some of the tackiest wrist vajazzles I've ever seen.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭j2

Yeah more or less, he does have some very nice watches amid the horrid Jacob and Co type stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jacob and Co is fine if you're a successful rapper or a prince of a petrostate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Its all spoofing..Producer Michael is kind of charming although his style is singular to say the least. He keeps things positive. Everyone pretending to be more successful than they are. The Timeless Nico thing is going on too long now, too much public airing of dirty laundry, and Timeless is adamant that he is in the right...seems the volume of **** they spout is proportional to the number of live streams they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,267 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Producer Michael has featured on baller busters before where people who inflate their wealth are outed ! Account seems to be gone now I think but it was amusing. A lot of fake private jet flexing .

Yes I remember he had a private jet in one of his vidoes but it never made an appearance again after that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've watched a lot of videos Oisin has been in recently re this whole internet drama going on at the moment but not really any of his actual videos.

Really taken aback by how much he drops his vocals in this video (I am guessing his other reviews are the same?) when you're used to hearing his regular voice, these sound absolutely ridiculous.

Oh he drop the pitch with software and by fellating the microphone in order to have that deep soothing voice he wishes he actually had...he is a true master of the audio visual arts you understand.

Sums it up nicely. The way he talks, the way he acts, his look, the way he rambles on about shíte. Everything about his videos screams "wanker".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I enjoyed his most recent video . Nice to see him talk about an IWC instead of the hype watches .There was a lot less wankerness in this video as well , just a nice watch and a walk around beautiful Venice. Maybe the slice of humble pie was what he needed to get back to basics.I do hope so but probably won’t be long till the mask slips again.

Ah he was still a massive cock in the latest. Better yes but even a broken watch is correct twice a day. Sure just the way he pronounces portugieser is a massive cringe. Why doesnt he pronounce portugieser in Italian but not pronounce IWC in french "ee doobluh veh seh"...because he is a massive ponce thats why....mange tout Rodney, mange tout.

Yes his over enthusiastic incorrect pronunciations and fascination with his “big” wrists is still there but so long as he’s not perving or being sleazy , I can tolerate him enough to appreciate the watches and Venice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭893bet

I see comments from lots of boardies below 😅. Get the tongue right in!

jesus Christ no wonder he is such a dose , it’s a lovely watch in gold I must say however.

Beginning to think his nose comes off with the sunglasses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I dunno what to say to those arse licking comments other than to borrow a line oft used by Neale Richmond...

Ahh lads!

That's just sycophancy and stroking n already overblown ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I think the kids call them “simps” these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Rockstah!

He seems to be onto the begging stage now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,731 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Begging & prostituting. Just like any other channel that is using "superchats" in their ever so boring livestreams.

Was not paying much attention but caught a few livestreams where he was drinking whiskey out of the bottle on the streets, and next one where he said his alcoholism was the lubrication his artistic glands needed and without it he would have no good ideas so people should not give him abuse for it if they want to continue getting that sweet Oscar worthy cinematography into their eyeballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭traco

The crazy thing is some people will send him money and it will probably amount to a significant sum. You know how the syaing goes about a fool and their money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Shouldn't he be paying some sort of tax on that? I doubt he's a registered charitable body...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

It’s a pity..I learned a bit from the early stuff..and Venice looked fab..oh well..

He has a neck like a jockey's bollocks to be asking for money while waltzing around with an AP offshore on his wrists, jaysus tonight.

It's not an offshore, just a regular Royal Oak. They're worth even more though, so yes your point is valid 😂

• Advertisement

Get with the times Unkle....he got an offshore too 🤣 Dont know if he paid for it yet

Scan through this boring piece of **** if you are interested, its not a very nice one and one of the unloved black bezel ones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT9er_Ng6ng&t=2943s&ab_channel=Ois%C3%ADnOMalley

Jaysus pardon me for never really watching any of those livestreams. I seem to remember he bought the Royal Oak and not the offshore because he thought the latter was not sophisticated enough for his worldly tastes? 😂

Jesus. Nauseating.

The amount of sad **** watching his channel is higher than ever. Hilarious that they think he even gives a toss. It’s purely monetary as he has shown.

Well despite the fact he is copying Adrian Barker and Watch Gringa in renaming the channel to his own name...its does at least remove any doubt people might have that the channel is about watches, Its a vehicle for Oisin to get external validation and bath in validation of the persona he has created.

The comments on the vids are unbelievable, that any adult would write such love letters beggars belief

I’ve written and re-written this several times. I find I simply run out of superlatives. Through some of the most testing years any of us have experienced, this channel has been exquisite escapism. The best watches, the best wine, the best scenery of ANY channel. And what stands out, for me, is the music. The quality, the care, the devotion, the respect for us, the viewers - this isn’t next level, it’s the top level. Oisín, sir, from all of us, thank you. Rest in glory, The Timeless Watch Channel.

Oh god. It gets worse with another comment. Btw, needs to be read in an Alan Partridge voice:

The timeless watch channel is only one room inside the house of Oisin O Malley. I'm looking forward to opening doors of other rooms. Thanks for sharing Oisin...it's always an adventure...here's looking forward to more of the ride. Cheers Mate!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Lol, Oisin No Money. Gave me an actual chuckle.

The poor lad must have been up all night creating accounts, writing comments and tearing himself asunder.

• Advertisement

When I remember back to a time where I think I said he was charismatic.

Shudder.

The French girl showed his colours.

Sorry, have to post another. They're so over the top it seems like they're taking the piss out of him. But no, it's just the sort of person who watches this guy

At least once in every episode I find myself doing two things: exclaiming "what a shot!" out loud, and wiping a tear from my eye. You deserve 10x the subscribers my friend. I'm sure the best is yet to come!

No matter what your genius will always shine through keep on going Oshin, love your stuff man.

Just hundreds of similar comments about what an absolute legend he is. Nothing even vaguely negative. Nothing even neutral. All in, 100% hole licking

I’ve enjoyed his last few videos .I’ve said it before but for all his faults he does have talent for video and sound production .

I know I’ll probably be on my own here with this but maybe the drama with nico and others was him hitting rock bottom as such and his bullshit and waffle may now be done ???A fresh start with a more honest Oisin might be ahead ….

His last few videos do seem a bit more “ honest” and less wankerish. A slice of humble pie may have been what he needed ??

Or maybe my few weeks in the sun has me going soft and being too positive.

It's a difficult balancing act. When he buys a watch he got it for a great deal because he's amazing in the watch flipping business. But when he's selling a watch he's giving you a great deal too. He's also successful in life with a massive watch collection. But send him money because he's also broke.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the are and I was endlessly scrolling and it was similar comment after comment. I hope for humanity its mostly paid bots

Pretty much exactly my feelings. A seriously flawed man and I have no interest in all that drama or any of his livestreams or cringy unboxing vids and I've seen far too much already of him wandering around Venice talking sh1te and breathing heavily, but I will keep watching most of the "documentaries". Some were crap, but some others like those on the Panerai, the dambusters and in particular that one on the film "The Edge" were excellent, nobody can take that away from him.

God those comments make me cringe. He does take some great shots around Venice, but you'd think they were talking about a Fellini film and not a video about a watch.

Also is he having money trouble? Where did that info come from, the e-begging? I'd have assumed he's got some cash based on his watch collection.

I think it’s more cash flow problems which no doubt would be solved if he cashed out of his watch collection .Having a couple of hundred K in watches used to be only for the extreme wealthy but now you have people like him renting a house while owning a collection worth a few hundred thousand .

There was a big brouhaha with him and Nico Leonard where he wasn't paying his debts and said he couldn't get his hand on 10k. Anyone with a watch collection like that should be able to get 10k no problem. He e-begs for small things like cameras, seems to rent a tiny depressing divorced man apartment and seems to have no regular job. Would say he does jobs from time to time and gets lumps of cash but his cash flow is lumpy as ****.

I’d say his problem is that every time he has €10k cash or more he bought a watch. It’s not that he doesn’t have it , it’s that he spends it so quickly. You need a good income to spend thousands on watches every month and he doesn’t seem to have any regular income . If he had he would of no doubt bragged about it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The first who thought of changing their channel name away from watches knows the jig's up for the trend. At least as far as general public youtube views are concerned. So they're going more "lifestyle". Might include watches, might not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Nah it's a trend that's going on for a while. Nothing to do with watches. Google's algorithms allocate more money to personal names, apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement