Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Timeless watch channel

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thank you, but I may be older than you think, wearing my 'The Beatles' T shirt today. In my younger days I could never get to grips with the nuances of French women, I much preferred the direct approach of German and Dutch women. But now that I'm older and wiser, you never know....

Sorry but had to google Francoise, she's singing away on youtube in the background now.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

(3) Wearing Rolex, Omega & Canali for Arena HOMME+ Magazine - YouTube

Oisín modelling clothes for some poncy men's mag, must be running out of watches to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How do people watch this shite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Post edited by Fitz II on

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ah lads why so harsh? He got asked to do that, did his best but didn't take it too seriously and helped his daughter up the ladder of her professional career a few rungs. Looks like he was a bit bevied in the latter half but who cares? Still nicely shot. His channel has been more than just about watches from the start. Dunno when the last time was that I bought a magazine, but I might pick that one up if I came across it.

• Advertisement

Tripe seems to be the favourite on the menu, 18.6k views.

Thats not a big view count for him and I see only 10k as of this post. Only vid with less views is his speedmaster moonwatch vid (forgetting the "reflections" stuff).. Hell I have vids with 10k views and I have like 300 subs. But look there is no accounting for taste, its a awful vid and just more of the cult of personality.

Funny looking at the views there that terrible pompous vid on the Zero west crappy watch and WW2 has barely 30k views....not worth all the weeks of effort the "Stanley Kubrick of watch channels" alleges he put into it.

All his most popular items on the menu are about Rolex....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In the last while his vid with the French lass was one of the most popular too. It seems if you want to start and grow a watch channel, talk almost exclusively about Rolex, some Tudor for the "bargain hunters", maybe throw in an Omega every so often, discuss the crassness of homages, compare fakes to real and get some exotic sort to show up from time to time to mouth oh la la. Job done. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N5HJUfNAKw&ab_channel=TheTimelessWatchChannel

Poor Oisin got stung with a 2016 Hulk he thought was a 2019. Dial is a bit different on the newer ones with the spacing on the text (300 m versus 300m), easy enough to tell dial changed after 2016. Says his watchmaker was suspicious, he should fire that guy. Doesn't detract from the watch but he likely paid over the odds for a newer in warranty watch. His history is a bit off on it too, its not the 50th anniversary model.

Edit I see our friend beat me to it in the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Correct on all points except 1.

The box reviewer has no friends.

• Advertisement

Oisín's latest is an unboxing of a Breitling Chronomat 44.

Certainly one for guys with big hefty wrists.

Breitling BEAST!! - UNBOXING - YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Kinda hate the nigga, kinda like him too though at the same time. I have the same Breitling. It is a great watch but it ain't the same as the Panerai which I also have. I am dating a black chick en ce moment. I believe breaking up with her will reveal the truth in life to me, and I will sell the Breitling. Man, how weird is that as a way of thinking? Anyway want to help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Don't be rude or racist pls. I don't support that kind of rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

How was scwazrh being rude or racist in any way?

I can only assume your trolling or the account is hacked .This is no place for racist language or derogatory comments like your first post to which I responded .

I'm trying to get to the bottom of that right now. I'm not a rush to judgement guy.

Classic response. We'll leave it here, just think on how you respond to people involved in interracial relationships in future. And DON'T get racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Hi John! We have missed you!

I am massively confused Ted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My thoughts exactly. This could get interesting in the cold light of day...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Given some of their other previous posts I'm not so sure it will to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's definitely Vanilla's fault!

Fecking Canadians, with their rudeness and racism!😂😂

11 minute review starting at 17:45 - 28:44. Rest is Oisin oversharing his personal life and endless focus pulls. Not the nicest Seamaster I have seen, the metal bezel gives is a Breitling look and not in a good way, very 1990's

on his Instagram story this morning - You would think he would of known she was going to be a bit of a weapon just by her attitude

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

As I said earlier, I never did get to grips with the nuances of French women.....looks like I'm not the only one.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Ah I dunno. It's like redheads are expected to be fiery, Latins are expected to be emotional and French women are expected to be, well, French. 😁 Some play up on their stereotype, while others expect the stereotype and select for it. One feeds the other. A French ex of mine was grand and far less loony than me. Though to be fair that's not a high bar to set. 😮😂

At least he's not boring.

• Advertisement

Stop the press stanky bird acts like skank.

You would.want to be some soft in the head , totally inexperienced dirty fecker to not spot that girl is 100% trouble and as predicted here we are. If living drama vicariously through Oisin is interesting then some are in for Interesting times.

Advertisement