Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Yeah twas a shock ending. I havent played the DLC at all.wasnt sure would i like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭KH25

Hours of Darkness was good. I think they did a good job of making you feel like you were stuck in an area full of enemies. You can’t always go in guns blazing like in the main game.

Only started Lost on Mars, but it’s definitely a shift in time! Much more over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished the comics this week, rewatched the film so now playing Scott Pilgrim the game on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Two very different games there! I've started both but finished neither. Outer Wilds is an unique experience, and was very interesting for while I was playing it. Some people won't like the loop, it happens every x minutes (I think it's 11?) regardless, and that can be annoying if you're about to do/find something, but it's quick to get back in and get to where you were (usually). Greedfall is a serious RPG (imo) that will take far longer and is completely different!

I'd recommend Outer Wilds simply because it needs to at least be experienced and is far shorter! I'd probably prefer Outer Wilds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just finished up on demons souls and loved it, the options I have now is start on days gone on the PS plus collection or start on the mountain of games I have piling up on gamepass. Could actually do with attempting to get into the outer wilds for the 10th time

Prob go with psychonauts and aim to get it done before deathloop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I started Days Gone - I just really enjoy open world games - I've gone from Ghost of Tsushima to Horizon: Zero Dawn to Assassins Creed: Odyssey to Final Fantasy VII and now onto Days Gone, and I just picked up Assassins Creed Origins in the recent sale.

It's very good so far. It's definitely not an action game so far. You can fight but so easy to get swarmed. I'm just after getting to the second area, and starting to get some bike upgrades, primarily the biggest fuel tank - that's one of the biggest pains. The constant refueling.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Moving - very slowly- towards the end of Horizon Zero Dawn, and going to be choosing between either Far Cry 5 or Days Gone from the pile. Any recommendations? (realistically though I'm just going to get stuck into the Horizon DLC because I'm loving that game so much....)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd go right into the Horizon DLC first while you're in the mood. It's different enough to the main game, and it does add to the story.

FC5 seems good, but I'm not a big fan of FPS. I got a few hours into it and I wasn't feeling it. I might try it again in the future. Days Gone is good, as I said earlier, but controls a bit different to Horizon (no climbing here!) - FC5 might a palate cleanser after Horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just finished Life is Strange 2 and RDR2. Debating whether to start Ghost of Tsushima directors or Hades next?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'm about midway through FC5 and am loving it. Have defeated two bosses and chipping away at side quests too. Challenging enough by times but the different approaches one can take to clearing enemy camps along with some great NPCs keep it fresh. Won't ever get near a platinum on it as there is just far too much to do but I'm having fun with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You might start enjoying it less when it becomes apparent that the second half of the game is exactly like the first.

I didn't even get to the second boss before giving up, it was too repetitive at that stage. Looks amazing though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm struggling through Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm near the end of Chapter 3 and everything is just a slog. I'm enjoying the story but I'm not enjoying the endless amount of horse riding across country despite utilising fast travel as much as possible. I think I don't have the patience for this game which is strange because I love slow moving Western Movies.

I'm not really interested in hunting, fishing etc. I just want to play through the story and the Stranger missions but it's taking forever! The combat is pretty terrible too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RDR2 was one of my biggest disappointments. Rockstar totally lost the run of themselves with that one, too much busy work and pointless additional things you are expected to do. They tried too hard to make this super detailed, massive world full of fun and ended up making a pain in the arse.

The combat in Rockstar games is always terrible.

Nope, I know what I'm in for. Games like this, assassins creed, mad max, ghost of tsuhima, the witcher, HZD etc all get repetitive after a certain point is passed in the game, they are what they are so I know what I'm getting into. I'm enjoying the setting, the story, the characters and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The combat is fun and I appreciate little side games like the fishing.

A feature that I'd never noticed being utilised before is that enemies will notice if you've disabled one of the alarms. Really cool feature imo and means you can't dilly dally with disabling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah the push for realism really killed RDR2 for me. Down to little things like changing your equipped weapons if you've been on your horse because for "realism" Arthur puts his rifle into the horse saddlebag while riding and might not take it back out if you get off the horse too quickly. Or the time it takes looting enemies. Just adds a consistent and persistent nuisance to the gameplay.

I didn't find Ghost of Tsushima that repetitive. I've a really low attention span for games and once they get repetitive I'm done.

Maybe it's because the main story is relatively short compared to the likes of Assassin's Creed.

GoT I absolutely loved but I did feel was a bit "samey" as the game progressed, go here, kill this person, clear this enemy camp, follow this fox etc. However as you said, it wasnt nearly as unwieldy as an Assassins Creed or indeed, Far Cry. GoT will likely become a franchise though and will get bigger as sequels are released. Similar to the modern incarnations of Tomb Raider, they got progressively larger with more side quests / filler.

My feelings on FC5 are probably driven partly by the fact its the first FC game I properly played. AC Odyssey was the first AC game I played and I loved that, clocking up over 150 hours. I got Valhalla on day one, got about 40 hours into it and just got bored. Most likely as it was very formulaic and essentially ACO in Viking pants.

I didn't manage to complete Odyssey or Origins but I reckon I'd give Odyssey another go. I'd like to try Valhalla, but I can't find it digitally for cheap and I don't want to risk 70 quid on a game that I've heard gets boring fast.

Is it that bad?

I wouldnt say its bad, its AC with Vikings. I just found it very clunky in comparison to Odyssey. Last year I played Odyssey (150 hours) then Origins (80 hours) then got Valhalla on launch so there was likely an element of burn out. You can get it on Smyths for 45 on the PS5 currently. Worst case scenario you buy it and hate it, youd be able to sell it on adverts and lose little to nothing.

• Advertisement

Digital PS5 here so not an option. I'll probably just wait for it to go on sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of the rare games I’ve actually hated. Nearly every artistic and design decision in the thing is fundamentally misguided. It’s a technical marvel, but I’d go as far as saying making it an open world was a mistake. Its best moments (exceedingly rare as they are, scattered over dozens of hours of tedium) are wholly linear set pieces. The tension between Rockstar’s cinematic aspirations and their massive, sprawling open worlds has never been so jarring. Just a big, dull mess of a game.

Odyssey is still full price in the PS Store. Sony are some jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've been waiting for the standard edition of Valhall to drop to like 20 quid, because I already have the code for the Gold Edition (physical, sold) so just need the base game. But, what probably ruined Valhalla for me was playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising before it. Coming from Odyssey, which I platinumed and loved, IFR is the same but in a colorful, fun package. It has the usual Ubi collectibles, but overall I found it just a fun game which doesn't rely on realism.

So yeah, anyone thinking of getting Valhalla, get IFR instead, if the look of it floats your boat. The chat between the gods can be quite funny at times!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd just be repeating what I said in this post :) https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/109271513#Comment_109271513

I've never played Days Gone. It doesn't look like my type of game at all, but I've nothing to say beyond that as I've never played it!

Advertisement